UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

Wow, DST finished an entire big team lineup in record time! It’s not a slam on them, but more of praise. The Dark Avengers can now wreak havoc on the Minimate Marvel Universe soon. And the New Avengers are just waiting for Mockingbird to show up to the party. Mwahahaha!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...WOW!

Thunderbolts, and all of the Dark Avengers!

So thats 3 box sets that I want now and they are all virtually the same characters!

I couldn't find these on the DST website. Anyone know any release information? The suspense is killing me!

And pioad, you should check the usual suspects in information.

While I certainly appreciate the plug, you guys know about as much as I do at this point regarding that second Dark Avengers set.

I suspect it was posted erroneously on DST's site, then yanked down, but not before Reddog was able to snag the image (meaning Reddog may join Elhonez on Matt's "list"). As for why it was yanked down, either DST didn't want to flood the market with product announcements before they have a chance to get any of it onto shelves, or they haven't secured a release for these yet. Usually, Marvel box sets are exclusives for the various partners that DST have amassed. AFX is already pimping three at the SDCC this year, and TRU might be waiting out the Secret Wars set before committing to another. That would leave Previews and DST themselves as viable hosts, and maybe those details aren't ironed out yet.

Whatever the case may be, I imagine we'll see details sooner or later.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

I think he is referring to the fact that RedDog apparently found those images, but no one else has (apparently) seen them at the supposed source. As such, there is the one image, with no corresponding info. If I were a more skeptical man, I might push the question posed earlier by drgn. . . :)

There are factions who would argue Kang as the silencing point.

Nah, those guys know their place. They will quit their yapping when Mockingbird gets her release, DST. Don't worry about it. Just give us Hawkeye's lady-friend, and no one has to get hurt.

Yeah, DST. I know that you are only over-saturating the Minimarket so that we will stop our complaining, but it won't work until we get Mockingbird. Sorry.

Right! And after that the Wrecking Crew of course...

thanks,

I checked through DST but not the headquarters. I have been waiting for a Ms. Marvel and an Ares for a while and got freaked out when I saw those. If this is another SDCC exclusive I will also be quite poor this summer.

It's funny, but this new box set has killed any enthusiasm I had for the first one. Though Wolverine looks nice as an update on the brown costume; should be easy to create a perfect brown Wolvie from the two. Iron Patriot and Marvel Boy are just okay, and Spider-Man is just flat out weak. Has this set become a pass?

And to think that we complained about the lack of Ares and Moonstone/Marvel. Looks like DST had everything taken care of the whole time.

I can't wait to get both Dark Avengers sets, the Thunderbolts box set, and the Moonstone/Bullseye 2-pack. This is great!

Edit: Wait, what's wrong with Daken's claws?

For legal reasons DST cannot show him with thumbs :ermm:

And to think that we complained about the lack of Ares and Moonstone/Marvel. Looks like DST had everything taken care of the whole time.

I can't wait to get both Dark Avengers sets, the Thunderbolts box set, and the Moonstone/Bullseye 2-pack. This is great!

So what exactly does that mean?

It means somewhere in China there is a box that contains hundreds of little plastic thumbs, carefully shaved off each Minimate, waiting to be sealed shut in a concrete tomb so as never to be seen by human eyes, because everyone knows that Minimates do not have thumbs.

Mhmm. Glad we think that TTF was crazy to assume that DST would re-release two very similar characters with two new ones just for the sake of the a second box set. Yeah, thank could never happen. :P

Looks exactly as i pictured, minus Hawkeye's anime eyes and Ms Marvel's lack of pupils and irises. The set is fantastic, and i'm glad we get the whole team...for once...cough90sXMencough.

And i am so on board for Mockingbird. But she needs to be a variant. Why?? Because unless it's a classic Avengers wave, DST will give her the Modern Look. While it is nice, i like and want the older one more, so give her both; one as a regular release, one as a variant. Easy as that. And for those not reading it, i'd recommend New Avengers: The Reunion ANY DAY; it's a great Limited Series that perfectly captures how we should react to Babs' and Clint's reunion after all those years. And i i want her even more now.

Come on, Matt'n'Chuck!! We got both Hawkeye and Ronin, and ALL the DAs!! Barb can't hurt!!

EDIT: Lol, i just realized something: We just got two Karlas, three Normans, three Macs, and two Bullseye in the same year. BEFORE ONE KANG. :P:D

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

They need to throw kang into a classic thunderbolts set. Zemo with the black jacket, songbird, atlas, and swordsman.

Oh, I guess he wont fit in there. I guess we will have to settle for a Kang box set with a Rama-Tut variant.

Ironically, I have no interest in new Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers but am thrilled about all of these sets. With a little tweaking, it's like getting updates of many previously released heroes (brown Wolverine, Sentry, Hawkeye, etc.) plus a few new ones...well-done DST for satisfying both camps! I may actually buy multiples as I've got a lot of custom ideas from all these great new pieces. Man, this Summer is unbridled for Minimate releases...but we love it!

Mhmm. Glad we think that TTF was crazy to assume that DST would re-release two very similar characters with two new ones just for the sake of the a second box set. Yeah, thank could never happen. :P

Yeah - alright, i was wrong! Well - i predicted we would get an Ares/Ms Marvel Toys'R'Us exclusive. . . but this is better. Hawkeye without his chest block looks cool. And this Sentry will look better than my currect attempt (Raft Sentry's hair on the Primary Yellow original Sentry). So thats 4 box sets i'm buying now, eh? Dang! Goodbye trip to Seattle.

Looks exactly as i pictured, minus Hawkeye's anime eyes and Ms Marvel's lack of pupils and irises. The set is fantastic, and i'm glad we get the whole team...for once...cough90sXMencough.

cough louder . . . . i don't think they can here you!

I thought that no-one would ever take the bait :P ..........................

For legal reasons DST cannot show him with thumbs .

Why?

Thumb clause in the contract :pinch: ......thumb ...clause......................never mind! :rolleyes:

Yeah - alright, i was wrong! Well - i predicted we would get an Ares/Ms Marvel Toys'R'Us exclusive. . . but this is better. Hawkeye without his chest block looks cool. And this Sentry will look better than my currect attempt (Raft Sentry's hair on the Primary Yellow original Sentry). So thats 4 box sets i'm buying now, eh? Dang! Goodbye trip to Seattle.

cough louder . . . . i don't think they can here you!

Nessie, it was joke. But i'll take it you knew that. And i envy you; i couldn't get Raft Sentry, the highlight of that wave. :(

And i can't cough louder. There's too much chanting in the background. Something about a Kang fellow and cheese...

I didn't say they were on the DST website. It's the Diamond Comics website.

SDCC 2009 Dark Avengers Minimates Box Set #2

Ripped from the best-selling Dark Avengers comic, this Marvel Minimates box set features Dark Reign’s Dark Avengers as never before! Including Ares, Sentry, Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye, this set is perfect for fans of the villainous Avengers.

• Limited to 2,000 Pieces

• One of only two Avengers to remain on the team after Norman Osborn's rise to power, Ares now uses his powers as the god of war to hunt down his former colleagues.

• The awesome power of the Sentry can stop virtually any opponent, however Robert Reynolds' own inner demons remain his most challenging obstacle.

• Moonstone's adoption of the Carol Danvers’ alter ego and costume means there's a new super hero in town - the all-new Ms. Marvel!

• Now taking anti-psychotic medication and wearing Hawkeye's old costume, the super villain formerly known as Bullseye has a chance to make amends for his crimes - but will the devious marksman take the opportunity to change?

I didn't say they were on the DST website. It's the Diamond Comics website.

SDCC 2009 Dark Avengers Minimates Box Set #2

So there are 4 SDCC Marvel minimates sets this summer? That's... $80 up front... I'm trying not to complain, as I'm glad to be here for this MMM revival and all, but someone did tell them this is a down economy?

And I gotta say, the Chest pieceless Hawkeye does look good... Darn, I'm gonna have to sell some plasma or something.