UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird that they announced this set on the AFX blog, if it's TRU sponsored, but maybe that's a new development... even if AFX still have it at their SDCC booth, I can't see them being allowed to sell a TRU.com exclusive on their website.

The mates look... alright. Guess I've been spoiled by all the awesome prototype pics lately <_< . I think normally I'd pick this up, but being international, I'm starting to really filter down which of these many TRU exclusives I really need, since they're either too expensive on eBay or a hassle for anyone nice enough to help out Stateside.

I just hope they release a brown costume update for the real Wolverine at some point (being DST, it seems a fairly safe bet?)...

What's with all the inversions of expectations?

With waves 29 and 30, I was more excited for 29, yet 30 turned out to be the better looking wave.

And with this boxset, I was excited about Iron Patriot, and yet Daken and Scorpion turned out to be the better minimates.

But still. I'll probably be buying this boxset.

Weird that they announced this set on the AFX blog, if it's TRU sponsored, but maybe that's a new development... even if AFX still have it at their SDCC booth, I can't see them being allowed to sell a TRU.com exclusive on their website.

The Thunderbolts and Champions are AFX exclusives. To my understanding, the Dark Avengers set is DST’s exclusive and AFX is just another place to get them. DST can do whatever they want with their own stuff and TRU probably just wanted to sell them too and DST said "YES!". I’m hoping that the sets at SDCC will also have that spiffy TRU exclusive sticker on it.

I kind of don’t fully understand why they mentioned that you can buy the set at the Entertainment Earth booth at SDCC and not at their own booth. It might just be some friendly advertising or something but I would think the DST booth would be selling them and they would want people to know.

Wow! That's all I can see about this set. My expectations were extremely low, but it looks really good! Iron Patriot is awesome, Marvel Boy is a new character, so that's always cool, I can see Daken's mohawk showing up in a lot of customs pretty soon, and Venom-Spidey is not just another "Back in Black" Spidey. He might actually be my favorite in the whole set! :spideysense1:

This is a random question: has anyone here gotten braces before? I just got them this morning and they hurt like SHIT!

This is a random question: has anyone here gotten braces before? I just got them this morning and they hurt like SHIT!

Answer to bizzare question: Yes. I got them off over the summer. For the furst month they hurt like hell and eating is going to be a real bitch, but after that you get used to them. Two years and i survived; i 'm sure you can too. ;)

I am vastly unwowed by this set. I think that with the bar for "Iron" characters raised so high by the Iron Man movie mates that Iron Patriot looks a little silly. The only reason I would buy it is for the Marvel Boy. I hope they look better in person.

I have read read only one comic with the dark avengers in it and i am not very familar with the charaters, but i like Daken in this set.

I think this set looks great and I really like the Iron Patriot and I love that mowhawk on Daken! I wonder if the set will show up on TRU .com before SDCC like how you could get the Wolverine movie mates there before they actually released wave 26?

Wow, another Hawkeye, this time with no powerhouse piece! That is awesome! :buttrock:

This is just a sweet looking set overall.

"Punisher Prime"s sword could be bigger, though :confused:

Edited by karamazov80

yes!!! another set! thank you dst! thank you, thank you!

yay ms.marvel :D and that badass ares, and two bullseye in one year!!

I'm gonna be poor this year, in money, that is, not in mates, ima be rich in that!

Edited by SErge

Okay...WOW!

Thunderbolts, and all of the Dark Avengers!

So thats 3 box sets that I want now and they are all virtually the same characters!

Looks like this Sentry's belt will go all the way across (unlike the last one). This set looks real good. Love Ares.

Hawkeye looks great! As do the others. These sets are fun even though I don't really know anything about the Dark Avengers. Except that they are (in part) bad guys disguised as good guys. So, does the general Marvel U public notice that these guys aren't the real deal? And does Dakerine have a healing power too? If so, how does the tatoo work?

AWSEOME!

I'm really surpised. I think it's incredible that we get all the news on upcoming waves and box sets and nevertheless DST is still able to suprise us!

I can't add much more usefulls thoughts on that "old" Dark Avengers box set most of it is already said. I don't think that those are one of the best mates we recently got to see, but they are OK. I don't like the way Daken's claws are arranged like some of you already mentioned.

That new box set seems to be pretty cool. I really hope that the new Bob turns out to be better than the first one. Especially the hair piece needed a redo. Hawkeye without the bulky chest piece is what I was up to do as a custom soon. Well I can skip that. Although Bulls'eyes seem a little weired to me. The appear way too big as Hawk's eyes. :blink:

Mrs. Marvel is great and Ares looks frackin' awesome! I really love his chest armor. But he HAS to come with his iconic helmet!

Anyway, thanks AA/DST for bringing us all the Dark Avengers!

And to think that we complained about the lack of Ares and Moonstone/Marvel. Looks like DST had everything taken care of the whole time.

I can't wait to get both Dark Avengers sets, the Thunderbolts box set, and the Moonstone/Bullseye 2-pack. This is great!

Edit: Wait, what's wrong with Daken's claws?

Edited by Colonel America