UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mighty Mugg knockoffs?

minimadman

I've always wanted to post here ... I'm a virgin-poster & it's quite exciting :no: UK ebay has a custom Ghostbusters Mugg http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Ghostbusters-...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's it ....really enjoyed my visit :)

Edit: Didn't want to start a new thread .

People have started threads over less :)

Looks hideous, but very Murray-esque at the same time.

I've always wanted to post here ... I'm a virgin-poster & it's quite exciting :no: UK ebay has a custom Ghostbusters Mugg http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Ghostbusters-...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's it ....really enjoyed my visit :)

Edit: Didn't want to start a new thread .

I believe that would go in the mighty mugg thread or the non-minimate ebay thread.

Have you tried the search function? :P

Stinking Noob ... Newb ... rascally varmit.

I agree that these suck, but if they did the right license (Metal Gear Solid?), then I might pick one or two up. . .or maybe not. At least these aren't as blatant a rip-off as the Smurf ones.

I had no idea that Mighty Muggs were so popular

They were all going on sale at Wal-Mart/Urban Outfitters not long ago. So, who knows? Maybe these guys really underestimated the Muggs' popularity during its height last year or something.

Definitely interested in the Mez-Itz Jason Muggs-thing, and the Freddy and Dracula ain't too shabby, either.

I really don't like seeing Mezco follow someone else's lead. They are normally a pretty creative company, but these are pure knockoffs. I guess it would be cool to have Mugg Vader facing off against Jason Mugghees. Mezco at least has some pretty nifty properties. The original Mez-Itz, though fairly Kubricky, felt more inspired than these. Hmm. I guess Hasbro, with Star Wars, Joes, Marvel, Indiana Jones, and Transformers, is really at the forefront of the market. It's almost like everything else HAS to be compatible with those lines. And while there is a lot to be said for compatibility, there is also a lot to be said for diversity.