UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blue Frodo

As far as LOTR mates, yes. The way I remember how this mate came about, initially he was going to be blue, but at the last minute they changed to the clear 'mate that's much more common. The only way to get a blue one was via the TRU exclusive 3 pack you picked up on Ebay. As far as value, it varies wildly depending on who's looking for it.

I think there are actually two different blue Twilight Frodos(one is lighter than the other) and a clear one.

There are two 'clears' & one blue. The two clears are virtually indistinguishable apart from internal torso moulding - Geekheadsmate*

*who checks out Minimate Central regularly.

As far as I could work out at the time there were 3 different Twilight Frodos:

TRU 4-pack exclusive, blue version, hexagonal torso hole

TRU 4 pack exclusive, clear untinted version, hexagonal torso hole

Wave 2, clear untinted version, <> torso hole

http://www.minimatescentral.com/TFV.htm

However I think there may have also been, as Dio said, a "less blue" variant which was still bluer than the clear one but not as blue as the proper blue one. I don't have that one.

• 5 months later...

You would be frickin' blue also if you had to worry about losing that microscopic ring that the minimate had to carry around. I swear he must have gone blind.