UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Green Lantern: The Movie

minimadman

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that is some sort of, I don't know, thing he doesn't wear most of the time. The GL uniform is a great and iconic in its simplicity. IF it needed to be altered for film, this is not the direction it should have gone.

On the other hand, Hector Hammond looks pretty spot-on.

Edited by Turtle

It looks cool and weird at the same time. It looks as if the suit is all muscle sinew. I'm digging the way the mask turned out. Finally a hero's mask that gives the effect of white (err.. whiteish) eyeballs. Now let's see what Kilowog will look like.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'll say that I like this costume. I have no prior Green Lantern experience however so really that does not say much.

And Parallax features in this movie so maybe there's a connetion between him and the costume? I dunno...

Yeah, I hope that isn't his main costume. While I'm ok with the flowing lantern energy or whatever it is, the fact that he doesn't have gloves makes him look more like Green MAN than Green LANTERN:

greenman.gif

Oh my god i love that show!!!!!

I dont know how i really feel about that suit,maybe ill change my mind once i see a full body shot.

At first glance I'm not impressed. Looks more like Venom symboite then a GL costume.

I will say that I'm never a fan of bashing things before I see them. As is the case with almost anything. We have an idea of how "WE" see something (the suit in this case) and let's be honest, it will almost NEVER be what we expected to see......unless we are the designers.

That being said, I can say 100% that my first impression of the GL suit is not good. I do not like the idea behind the suit and think they have lost the idea of a uniform. MiniFiend is spot on, the very first thing I said is, "Wha!?!, that looks like Green Venom...." The idea of the suit is that he is part of a "Corps", so he is basically a soldier. And while each GL in the comics have their own style, when they stand together you know exactly who they are. This feels more organic and less like a uniform and I don't like that.

HOWEVER, being subjective as I like to be, I can see the potential the story based on the costume alone. First, the GL Corps are basically alien, so we get that feel right away. Plus, they could push the idea that the Ring, for lack of a better description, "bonds" with the bearer. In this case, the Ring "chooses" it's wearer, and in turn basically becomes part of their being. If they go that route I can easily see the suit being explained as an Organic extenstion of Hal.

I guess, my fear is that he will just follow the comics and become a member of the GL Corps, yet he will wear an organic looking costume that is never explained. At the end of the day though, if it's a good movie, I don't care if he wears a green trash bag!

On a final note, how amazing would it be for Toby to have a guest spot just to quote....."I guess Green is the new Black!" :D

neo

I never thought Craig would make a bad Bond. Nor did I think Ledger would make a bad Joker. But Van Wilder as Hal Jordan? I just don't know. I have seen him in several movies, and I think Deadpool would suit him much better. That picture is not helping.

I still think this could be an enjoyable picture, but I don't see Reynolds as any Hal Jordan I am familiar with, and I don't see how that outfit won't look ridiculous on the screen.

• 4 weeks later...