UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four Movie... Reboot?

NorthRaider

Well, normally guys are stuck seeing films that make their girls cry. I guess turnabout would be fair play.

Is it bad if I cried when Optimus died? (Totes serious.)

PS - For the record, I hate chick flicks & the bf is glad. smile.png

If you didn't cry at Optimus's death, then you have a problem.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking the animated movie? Then no, it's not bad. If we're talking the Michael Bay movies, then you're history's greatest monster (next to Michael Bay, of course).

My wife also is no fan of chick flicks, thankfully. By the way, if there's anyone looking for an alternative to the FF movie this weekend, I recommend y'all do what the family Hellpop is doing and go see the Shaun the Sheep Movie. biggrin.png

Shaun the Sheep looks freaking awesome, might go see this tonight with the theater crew...kinda dreading it now.

Also your gf is not part of the problem, shes the victim, Fox shoving movies down peoples throats through boat loads of false advertising is part of the problem.

I also cried when he got an arm ripped off & when BB lost his lower half.

Are we talking the animated movie? Then no, it's not bad. If we're talking the Michael Bay movies, then you're history's

Yeah, I assumed you meant the animated one homestar, then you talk about him getting an arm ripped off and Bumblebee getting ripped in half. . .I don't remember those scenes in the animated films laugh.png

It's only permissible to cry during the Bay films out of despair for how terribly he's treated this once proud franchise.

I was meaning every time Optimus died (MB's & the animated) & then BB in the first MB movie. With MB's I couldn't help it -- Peter Cullen IS Optimus, so I couldn't help but get sucked in.

I was just meaning that those are the types of movies that make me cry. Or cartoons.

That scene with the massacre of Prowl, Brawn, Ironhide, etc. on the ship was one of the most brutal scenes I saw as a kid--in a cartoon or anywhere else. "Such heroic nonsense." Hard-core.

Shaun the Sheep looks freaking awesome, might go see this tonight with the theater crew...kinda dreading it now.

Also your gf is not part of the problem, shes the victim, Fox shoving movies down peoples throats through boat loads of false advertising is part of the problem.

You know what, you're absolutely right. She is the victim.

@Ace: So more studio BS?

this was deleted shortly after

josh-trank-ff-august-7-tweet-2.jpg?w=630

He was high af and wanted to go over budget and then when Fox told him no, he pouted and just showed up high af and Fox tried to re-shoot and fix it but it was too late, or so I've heard.

Well I actually did see it.

And hot damn was this... utterly mediocre in every way. No seriously that's it. It's not a disaster. It's completely mediocre. And you can see some really cool things happening in it. The horror scenes where they first see what they've become... quite effective. Miles Teller in particular was the standout in this movie as a legitimately good character.

But then there's Doom. Who was stupid. (albeit more in line with the character of Doctor Doom than the one from the first two movies.) And Johnny was somewhat disappointing. And basically it missed the point of Fantastic Four: a family of explorers. There wasn't much exploring (and Sue did precisely no exploring) and they barely interacted enough to become a family.

4.5/10. Not disastrous. But nothing worth seeing. Just go see Dragonball Z instead. That was f**king magnificent.

this was deleted shortly after

josh-trank-ff-august-7-tweet-2.jpg?w=630

He was high af and wanted to go over budget and then when Fox told him no, he pouted and just showed up high af and Fox tried to re-shoot and fix it but it was too late, or so I've heard.

So according to him, more special effects would have saved this movie? Sure.....

Personally I believe Trank, mainly because I am/was in the same boat as him. See, I wrote some killer scripts for Marvel (long story short, they got into contact with me after seeing a small piece of writing I had uploaded to Flickr) a while ago and, without exaggerating, I can safely say that they would put Gaiman and Moore to shame. But they were wiped out when my pc got on fire, so you can't read them now.... But they were killer. Like, falling on the floor and thanking the universe that you were able to read them good. Yep, that good.

So yeah, of course I believe Trank. Y'all just are too close minded and can't accept the truth. Yep, that's the case. That's the case alright...

Personally I believe Trank, mainly because I am/was in the same boat as him. See, I wrote some killer scripts for Marvel (long story short, they got into contact with me after seeing a small piece of writing I had uploaded to Flickr) a while ago and, without exaggerating, I can safely say that they would put Gaiman and Moore to shame. But they were wiped out when my pc got on fire, so you can't read them now.... But they were killer. Like, falling on the floor and thanking the universe that you were able to read them good. Yep, that good.

So yeah, of course I believe Trank. Y'all just are too close minded and can't accept the truth. Yep, that's the case. That's the case alright...

154.gif

154.gif

Yeah, yeah, you're laughing now alright. But when I re-write them and you see them as part of All-New, All-Super-Chika-Wow-Dow and All-Around-Pretty-Awesome Marvel, you won't be laughing anymore! No sir, you shall weep tears of joy and then beg for forgiveness for ever doubting my genius! Now good day sir, I said GOOD DAY!

Clapping%20Hands.gif

A buddy of mine's actually at a matinee of this right now, and then we are having lunch. I'll have a first hand review of this later today. I suspect it will be somewhat like the famous two word review of the Spinal Tap album Shark Sandwich.