UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four Movie... Reboot?

NorthRaider

Personally I believe Trank, mainly because I am/was in the same boat as him. See, I wrote some killer scripts for Marvel (long story short, they got into contact with me after seeing a small piece of writing I had uploaded to Flickr) a while ago and, without exaggerating, I can safely say that they would put Gaiman and Moore to shame. But they were wiped out when my pc got on fire, so you can't read them now.... But they were killer. Like, falling on the floor and thanking the universe that you were able to read them good. Yep, that good.

So yeah, of course I believe Trank. Y'all just are too close minded and can't accept the truth. Yep, that's the case. That's the case alright...

Clapping%20Hands.gif

A buddy of mine's actually at a matinee of this right now, and then we are having lunch. I'll have a first hand review of this later today. I suspect it will be somewhat like the famous two word review of the Spinal Tap album Shark Sandwich.

Shit S4ndwich sounds pretty generous to me...

Personally, I was going to see it yesterday, but then I got a bad case of otitis, so I guess the universe's looking out for me. It made me keep my money from FOX, but it also gave me insufferable pain and medical bills...Thanks, I guess?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblebee didn't get ripped from n half, jazz did. I cried in the original when prime died, every kid did. That's why duke went into a coma lol.

Me and my mom both cried when prowl and ironhide got killed in the old movie.

He got his lower half blown off (or whatever). That's why Megan Fox strapped him to the tow truck -- he was unable to walk on his own. Later Rachet fixed him up & his voicebox.

Personally I believe Trank, mainly because I am/was in the same boat as him. See, I wrote some killer scripts for Marvel (long story short, they got into contact with me after seeing a small piece of writing I had uploaded to Flickr) a while ago and, without exaggerating, I can safely say that they would put Gaiman and Moore to shame. But they were wiped out when my pc got on fire, so you can't read them now.... But they were killer. Like, falling on the floor and thanking the universe that you were able to read them good. Yep, that good.

So yeah, of course I believe Trank. Y'all just are too close minded and can't accept the truth. Yep, that's the case. That's the case alright...

154.gif

Yeah, yeah, you're laughing now alright. But when I re-write them and you see them as part of All-New, All-Super-Chika-Wow-Dow and All-Around-Pretty-Awesome Marvel, you won't be laughing anymore! No sir, you shall weep tears of joy and then beg for forgiveness for ever doubting my genius! Now good day sir, I said GOOD DAY!

Sadly, that's reality.

• 2 weeks later...

While on vacation, I told my daughters that if we had a rainy day and nothing better to do, we could check out Fantastic Four.

We saw Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. Had a pretty good time.

In all honesty I'm still morbidly curious but I can't bring myself to support a film that's being lauded almost universally as a disaster. I'm disappointed, especially as someone who tried to remain unbiased and cautiously optimistic. If Trank really does have a substance abuse problem, I hope he gets his shit together.

One of my best friends and his buddy did an hour long review of this. Needless to say, they were less than happy.

I haven't seen the movie myself, nor do I plan to. I do feel bad for the cast, though. I haven't seen them in any movies, but from what I've heard they're all relatively decent actors. Of course, even the best actors and actresses in the world can't save a terrible movie if the script is bad enough. I hope this movie doesn't destroy their careers.

I'll go and see it at the cinema. My local does $10 movies (it's normally $19 for an adult), and i'm curious enough to give this a go. I was kind of secretly hoping it'd be a great film, even if it wasn't very F4ish, but now with my expectations so thoroughly lowered, i'm sure i'll still find something to like about it.

I'll go and see it at the cinema. My local does $10 movies (it's normally $19 for an adult), and i'm curious enough to give this a go. I was kind of secretly hoping it'd be a great film, even if it wasn't very F4ish, but now with my expectations so thoroughly lowered, i'm sure i'll still find something to like about it.

From what I've heard, there is literally nothing to like about this movie.

I still don't care for the Doom origin there, I don't understand what Galactus is doing, and the ending appears a bit anti-climactic. But, I haven't read the full leaked script. Maybe pacing, acting, and good direction could make all of that work. But certainly, injecting some straight-ahead action into the movie, and taking itself less seriously would probably be beneficial (this coming from a guy who hasn't seen the Trank one, and probably won't for a very long time).

I have to wonder what kind of impact this movie will have on the Marvel Studios brand. Most audiences just see the Marvel logo and don't differentiate between that and the Marvel Studios logo. I can see Disney asking Fox to remove it.

I'm hoping that Fox will just say "Screw it. We couldn't make a decent FF movie if our lives depended on it," and sell the rights to Marvel Studios. IMO, the best way to handle the FF would be giving them a Netflix TV series. Give them their own series so they can explore the team's origins, flesh out the characters, show us what makes them tick, etc., and if the series does well, give them a movie afterwards. I don't think many audiences would want to sit through another origin story in the theater. I just wish someone would do the FF justice.

I don't know about that. Mediocre network/cable shows like Flash have decent enough special effects IMO, and Netflix surely spends a budget roughly equivalent to some of those shows on things like House of Cards and Daredevil.

I can see Ghost Rider and Blade being done on Netflix. Then again, with the inclusion of Doctor Strange in the cinematic lineup, they could show up there, too. Hell's Kitchen just seems to be a natural fit for both though Ghost Rider screams "Spirit of Vengeance on a road trip."

I still want to see the FF as a 60's-era period piece, whether it's on television or in theaters. Either way it's gotta be good, old-fashioned, sci-fi fun.

• 1 month later...