UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four Movie... Reboot?

NorthRaider

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Toy Story 2 and 3 were fantastic, because they were made with integrity, where the film product was the first concern, and merchandising or other crap like that was clearly a function of that. With Cars, I think it worked the other way around. I assume, with Bird involved, that Incredibles 2 will be more like the former than the latter, but we'll see.

Cars 2 came from Lasseter, the same director as the first one (and Toy Story 1 & 2), and he claims the production was story-driven (he was doing a huge global promo tour for Cars and thought the characters would be fun in those settings). The end result still sucked though. Planes was made by Disney Animation, not Pixar. And Wings was a terrible sitcom with that guy that played Sandman in Spider-Man 3.

I thought the Toy Story sequels were okay, but didn't have anything much to say that the original hadn't already covered, and better. Pixar is so great at new ideas, so generally this move into more and more sequels instead bums me out, I wish they'd just stick to shorts if they want to revisit characters. Saying that, I did actually like Monsters U more than Inc.

Lasseter claims to the contrary, it seems pretty obvious to me that Cars 2 was made to sell toys. The Toy Story sequels seemed made to sell tickets. I'm no Pixar expert, but that's my gut feeling. I thought Cars 1 was mediocre enough to begin with. And I totally agree with HP's post.

Toy Story 1 is about life and identity, Toy Story 2 is about love and hope, and Toy Story 3 is about redemption and acceptance. . .

I don't know if that's actually true or not, but I'm going with it anyway.

Toy Story 1 is about life and identity, Toy Story 2 is about love and hope, and Toy Story 3 is about redemption and acceptance. . .

I don't know if that's actually true or not, but I'm going with it anyway.

I would vote more mortality and acceptance but your analysis is great too.

I enjoyed Cars 2 as a spy movie spoof. It takes a lot of underserved criticism for not being "more of the same"; unfortunate given the cries for "new" material

I didn't like Cars 2 because it was too much of the same. The spy movie stuff was great, but I really got very tired of Mater very fast. If anything, it didn't have enough Lightning in it. But that's only because of too much Mater. That character dynamic needed the balance that it had in the first. Mater is not meant to be a main character. He's so clearly supporting.

• 10 months later...

Not only is everyone miscast, but all of the characters seem mis-written. And the tone is the same generic dark & brooding that everything NOT Marvel Studios is nowadays; which is the complete wrong tone for the characters.

I have never felt more assured in my decision to pass on this piece of garbage for the rest of my life.

I'm sorry.

What I meant to say was:

• Containment suits?! No superhero costumes?! Spandex or GTFO.
  • Casting a hot girl as an invisible character? Oh, yeah. Brilliant strategy there.
  • Thing looks totally CG and CG suuxxxxx so EPIC FAIL!!!1!!
  • Johnny Storm IS NOT BLACK!!! Period. Never ever ever ever.
  • Oh, look! Fox is doing an Interstellar sequel for morons!
  • Why is there a Marvel logo on this piece of crappy crap?!