UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain Minimate's Art!

Here are 3 customs that I did in my free time. I only have them done on the laptop (I used the trackpad :angry: ), and they're done on GIMP/X11. The minimate customs will come up as soon as I learn to crop them into a separate pic.

Enjoy!:

post-2431-1236601778_thumb.png

post-2431-1236602040_thumb.png

post-2431-1236602098_thumb.png

Ghost Rider was done BEFORE I found out about the real one.

Yup, I suck, don't I? :D

More to come!!!

EDIT: Oh right, comments are appreciated! :)

Edited by Captain Minimate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-2431-1239711714_thumb.jpg

I drew a picture of Spider-Man as a minimate. It's based off the second latest Spider-Man (Classic Spidey) but I forgot to give him the mask, so I kept it with the original-no-mask Spidey.

I'm going to paint a big canvas version of it with acrylic paint tomorrow in my art class. I like the colo(u)ring and the overall picture although... I had to tip-ex the eyes because I screwed up a lot there :blush:

Thanks for looking! Comments pleaze :)

• 6 months later...

Okay, after a long delay, (of forgetting and not bothering to upload) the full, framed, acrylic picture is here:

post-2431-1256374520_thumb.png

A little bit of reflection, and a little bit blurry, but it's still visible.

And I have another acrylic zoomed-out, twitched a bit version from one of the old Batman covers (forgot which):

post-2431-1256375104_thumb.png

Lastly, I drew a Dark Knight Minimate poster in my sketchbook. A helluva lot cross-hatching, but it did the job:

post-2431-1256374595_thumb.png

Comments! :)

your watchmen rock,are you going to do the whole group?or just leave me to my imagination?

New picture! Big Spidey finds... a minimate Spidey? :blink: Zoom in over in the direction of the web-line on his shoulder or in the direction the Spider-Sense is ringing! You'll find a little pleasant surprise! The minimate was EXTREMELY hard to draw in proportion to Spider-Man.

post-2431-1256483649_thumb.png

And another awesome Dark Knight poster :D ! This one features the Joker, his menacing smile and the creepy Joker card which has Batty on it. To keep in "the style" of the first one, I used a cross-hatched background. This was quite fun and messy at the same time, as I had to use my finger to smudge the eyes and mouth to make it look like face paint. :sweat:

post-2431-1256488509_thumb.png

Comments are welcomed! And some friendly advice, too :)

(Good news, I'm going to try painting a minimate tomorrow =D)

• 6 months later...

Reviving the topic... with the TDK poster, painted! Honestly, I liked the sketch a LOT more than the painting. It just looks unfinished...

(Once again, quality of the picture is quite crappy. The blue tint on the second pic is because of the flash on my Photobooth.)

post-2431-1274797488_thumb.jpg

post-2431-1274797526_thumb.jpg

By the way, there is another painting in the works currently. Hopefully I can get the WIP up. :)

Hint: Iron Man.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! So if you're bored of my paintings/drawings or are waiting for the next picture-- tough! The art workshop I do the stuff at is most likely to be gone for the summer, but I do have something new for people!

post-2431-1277647928_thumb.jpg

post-2431-1277647938_thumb.jpg

My own Black Canary Quick-Custom! (With the same crappy built-in webcam on my mac. Sorry! :( )

The parts are--

Hair: Stargirl

Head: Natalie Romanova

Chest: (Champions) Black Widow

Arms: Flesh coloured (with a pair of bands from X-Force Wolvie and Jim Lee Cyclops) *Alternate is to put on black arms with same bands)

Hands: Black coloured

Crotch: Black coloured

Legs: Flesh coloured

Feet: (Bucky) Captain America.

*Other: (IM1) Rhodey

Please post comments or improvements! This is my first QC that is actually based off a real character :)

*Edit.