UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The "other" New License

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't this been done before? Not that Minimates won't be better, I'm just tired of hearing the epithet "Kubrick knock-off."

Of course Medicom only did Kellogg's. Maybe AA has the license for General Mills (Trix/Lucky Charms/Count Chocula/etc), Post (Sugar Crisp/Fruity Pebbles), Quaker Oats (Cap'n Crunch/Quisp/Mr T) or Ralston (Cookie Crisp).

Looking forward to them, no matter what the license. :) I'd love to get my hands on a Cap'n Crunch Minimate.

Hasn't this been done before? Not that Minimates won't be better, I'm just tired of hearing the epithet "Kubrick knock-off."

Of course Medicom only did Kellogg's. Maybe AA has the license for General Mills (Trix/Lucky Charms/Count Chocula/etc), Post (Sugar Crisp/Fruity Pebbles), Quaker Oats (Cap'n Crunch/Quisp/Mr T) or Ralston (Cookie Crisp).

Looking forward to them, no matter what the license. :) I'd love to get my hands on a Cap'n Crunch Minimate.

Ya beat me to it Ivan! :D

I can't imagine how 'mates would compare to the Kubricks or compete with them in any way. If they try to do sculpted heads, then yes, I can see the comparison. I picture them as having molded hair/ears/caps/etc. If nothing else, this line could be great for customizers!!

I don't like the idea of cereal mates. Sounds kinda dumb to me. i'd rather they cancentrate on the minimate lines that they have now.

I agree--I mean they're doing Rocky and maybe cereal, but no Star Wars or James Bond? (oh, by the way is it James Bond?)

B) :deathstroke:

I think that IF they are doing Cereal mates that you have to look at if from a "this could be really good to get new people on board..." angle. (fed up of hearing me say that yet? :P)

Lil kids will love them, non comicbook people will look at minimates for the first time see characters they know and go those are kinda cute....

"Why arent they doing StarWars".... I think you'd need to ask Hasbro about that Ricky.... Not every has access to all the Big Licenses. AA would Love to have that license but right now it's Hasbro's baby.

As for concetrating on the lines they have, I kinda of know where you are coming from on with that, all the delays etc but... who says we are going to get this before the stuff they've already talked about?

T.

Hmm... I wonder how they will be "sold" if their cereal mates? Free Minimate in everybox!

Not to mention that much the previous debate about if Minimates were McDonalds Happy Meal toys about kid-safety comes to mind...

Hmm... I wonder how they will be "sold" if their cereal mates? Free Minimate in everybox!

Not to mention that much the previous debate about if Minimates were McDonalds Happy Meal toys about kid-safety comes to mind...

lol I cant see them being in every box... small parts in minimates are probably a chocking hazard! - not to mention there are probably too pricey to manufacture as a 'giveaway'

I have heard rumors though about how they are going to be packed though.....and it's a cool idea but I'll wait to see what images we get from AA before spilling the beans though, as what I heard was 'hearsay' and want to see what AA are going to show us.

T.

How about James Bond? You watch him on a TV...sometimes you watch his movies on saturday...Kubrick hasn't done him yet(I don't think)...

B) :deathstroke:

Ricky at the risk of soundy a bit cheeky..... Are you reading the same thread as the rest of us? :blink:

:rolleyes::P

T.

I think that IF they are doing Cereal mates that you have to look at if from a "this could be really good to get new people on board..." angle. (fed up of hearing me say that yet? :P)

Lil kids will love them, non comicbook people will look at minimates for the first time see characters they know and go those are kinda cute....

While I'm sure that's true, the trouble is, how to distribute a line such as this?

Comic shop owners might pick up a few, depending on how Marvel/SF/DC stuff is doing for them at the time, but really, 'cerealmates' isn't a comic book store's 'niche' market.

A specialty store, such as Suncoast or Tower, might pick some up, but again, would these really appeal to that crowd? Maybe - maybe not.

Pack ins for the cereal itself? Could be, but I don't see say, Kelloggs paying AA to have these distributed in boxes of Apple Jacks or Frosted Flakes. Cereal box toys tend to be of the >.25 variety IMO and I can't see a quality product like this factoring into their margin #'s.

I can see the appeal of broadening the Minimate fan base and I think a more generic license/line is a good way to do so. However I think this line is going to have a tough time finding a home on store shelves. Especially if you're wanting them to open up a whole new group of people to collecting them.

lol I cant see them being in every box... small parts in minimates are probably a chocking hazard! - not to mention there are probably too pricey to manufacture as a 'giveaway'

I have heard rumors though about how they are going to be packed though.....and it's a cool idea but I'll wait to see what images we get from AA before spilling the beans though, as what I heard was 'hearsay' and want to see what AA are going to show us.

T.

Don't gimme that sh!t!! :D Spill what you've heard d@mn it! :D