UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mace-Man!!!!! - Thankyou AFX

Nessex

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wankers!! thats what you all are!! ;)

i'm not saying it should be fair...but seriously...how long have vehicles been asked for? and something as simple as a goblin glider?

i know some folks here collect SS (fitting initials, seeing how they have overrun the miniature figure world) but as soon as i saw that cycle i called shenanigans.

don't mean to be spamming, but toynk.com is having a promo right now for free shipping on instock orders $20 or more. They have instock right the SDCC Dark Avengers II, Champions and Thunderbolts packs for 15.99 each. figured i'd give you guys a heads up.

I got my set in the mail today and have to thank DST and whoever designed these for a wonderful boxed set. The characters are all done top-notch, paint smears are non-existant and the accessories when applicable are great. From the details on Black Widow to Hercules lion-buckle on his skirt, this is a DREAM of a set.

Really, just a home run.

Did anyone else notice that the point that comes down in the center between Angel's eyes on his maskey-hairpiece thing is, like, a sixteenth of an inch off center, so you can't ever quite get the piece to look straight?

Is that bugging anyone else beside me?

On a positive note, I love the translucent skull head on Ghost Rider. I'm really tempted to cannibalize my extra set to get one for modern GR.

Edited by Lobsterman

What should be bothering you more are the tampos on Noh Varr's legs, Daken's mask, or Iron Patriot's hairpiece. The mask isn't sculpted evenly, and Norman's hair is off center.

Edited by Dio

I've posted a review of this set at my blog.

My opinions matter!!! :D

No they don't. Free speech my smurf. :P

I thought that was very, very good. I have my set sitting next to me that i have yet to open due to homework (for some reason, my school enjoys summer homework for Honors-level classes...), but am allowed to by tomorrow...when it's due...;) Your review, sadly, makes me hate myself for not finishing this earlier, because now i REALLY want to get BW out of there. She looks fantastic, and the chest detail is very hypnotic with how it actually looks like she's sculpted with...um...large smurfs...And the hairpiece is just fantastic. I honestly thought i was the only one who wanted an extra hairpiece, too!! I'd have killed for a short red one to show a modern BW next to Bucky-Cap, and since they all look the same (okay, maybe not Yelena) the face wouldn't have had to be changed. I can see the reasoning not to though; to keep her as the Champions version only.

And i disagree with a blonde piece; i'd much rather have a new figure for Yelena, specifically in her "weight-training" bra-thing. I just don't see her with a full-body jumpsuit... :blink:

I've posted a review of this set at my blog.

My opinions matter!!! :D

Great review punisher, just got one small problem with it. You list the team as:

"Black Widow, Hercules, Ghost Rider, and Angel. Other members who were on the team were Hulk, Damien Hellstom, and Goliath."

however you left out one of my favorite members Darkstar. She may not have been a member the entire series, but she was important, and does tend to appear in various flashbacks of the team.

Also, Damien Hellstom was considered as a member, but was decided against in favor of Ghost Rider(who also beat out Captain Marvel and Power man for the spot).

And the Hulk, while making a few appearances with the Champions, was never actually a member. In said appearances, he tended to be fighting the team.

Your review of the minimates themselves was good though, and your pictures of the set really wish that mine would get here. Just thought I would clear up the actual team roster.

Got my set today as well, and I'm very happy with it. But now I'm convinced more than ever that I we need a TRU two-pack to complete the team. We got a Bullseye / Moonstone set for the Thunderbolts, we're getting an Angel to complete the X-Factor set - why can't we get an Iceman / Darkstar set for the Champions?

why can't we get an Iceman / Darkstar set for the Champions?

Because that's what extra X-factor boxsets will get you. :P Minus Darkstar...i actually liked her from the 90s X-men cartoon (the one in Russia with Collosus and Omega Red...somehow...i think...:blink:) and totally forgot about her until now. I guess, to keep the trend going and get fan-favorites out, we could have her with Crimson Dynamo. And yes, it makes sense beyond Russian; both were on the same Soviet Super-Soldiers team. :yes:

I smell a Wave 33 idea. ;)

I got my set yesterday. I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Angel and Ghost Rider steal the show. I love the way Angels wings work and GR's head being translucent is a huge improvement over the Dan Ketch GR. He looks great with a light behind him. The powerhouse chest works quite well on Herc. Better than I expected. Black Widow I would say is the weakest but still a very well done and MUCH needed 'mate. AA, you've done it again! Now I need to get my hands on the T-bolts, my Moonstone and Bullseye are lonely.