UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mace-Man!!!!! - Thankyou AFX

Nessex

For the guys who couldn't/didn't read through the 14-page SDCC thread:

The miscellaneous AFX boxsets are showing up on eBay, meaning they probably got past San Diego Customs just fine. It's a little odd that we're not seeing any pics yet, but I'm sure we'll see some soon enough on the board once the SDCC hubbub has died down.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions

post-1075-1248666972_thumb.jpg

Best I can do for now. Spent a hour fixing the photos via iphoto. I'll try to get the pictures of each Minimate tomorrow.

Champions

Best I can do for now. Spent a hour fixing the photos via iphoto. I'll try to get the pictures of each Minimate tomorrow.

does herc have a mace does ghost rider have a chain

Champions

does herc have a mace does ghost rider have a chain

Herc has a mace. You can put the mace in the back. Ghost Rider no chain. The only weapon is the mace in the whole box.

Herc has a mace. You can put the mace in the back. Ghost Rider no chain. The only weapon is the mace in the whole box.

Thanks for the info :) Kind of a shame that Black Widow doesn't come with guns though, but at least we're getting one of the best boxset lineups ever!

Thanks for the info :) Kind of a shame that Black Widow doesn't come with guns though, but at least we're getting one of the best boxset lineups ever!

I'm on #9 of the original 17 Champions comics which I nabbed on ebay & after a very shakey start it's very good although even I think it's showing its age....my point is that BW didn't have any need for guns way back then.

The Minimates (thanks for the pictures) surpass my expectations & are beautiful & trump those Dark Reign sets easily.

Regarding the Widow I'd forgotten how gorgeous she was . :blush:

I'm pretty stoked to see that Black Widow has kept the sculpted wrist blaster things!

I was worried they might get cut to save costs.

Can't WAIT for my set to arrive!

It's official. We no longer need a Yelena or Scarlet-Widow. That is THE Black Widow minimate; she looks incredible, and i'm loving the great transition of the leathery look to the costume.

AND she gets actual blasters!!!! Holy crap!!! That's fantastic!!! :lol:

And the Angel-awe has worn off now that we're getting 5 in two years. I like Angel as much as the next guy, but i didnt want to see him overused THIS FAST. Would've spaced him out just a bit more, but i can understand wanting to get as much out of the wings as possible. Love that the mask looks better than the proto though; looks like it stays on better on the right (or a viewer's left...:blink:)

So that's what Herc's famed mace looks like! Thanks for the pics!

Am I the only one here who found Black Widow's hairpiece a bit "off" when they first saw the prototype pics?

Check the behind shot of Hercules. His mace is stuck on his back.

Herc is a bit disappointing; I think it's the chest piece and tampo-tunic that bothers me, but I'm still thrilled to have him. The rest look great. Ghost Rider appears to have a translucent head with the 'skull' printed on it...sweet effect (time to start working on that custom bike)! Black Widow works well for modern purposes, but I may have to scrounge-up a Star Trek "bee-hive-do" to make her more Champion specific (unless they were clever enough to pack-in extras?). Good stuff, I can't wait to get mine.

So that's what Herc's famed mace looks like! Thanks for the pics!

Am I the only one here who found Black Widow's hairpiece a bit "off" when they first saw the prototype pics?

Check the behind shot of Hercules. His mace is stuck on his back.

Weirdest thing is that whilst reading these old Champions issues from 1976 I noticed that Hercules is not seen once with the mace until #9 on page 3 where it appears from nowhere into his hand. The mace is seen in #6 but is being wielded by Angel ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I still want to know why Superhero Squad can give Ghost Rider a bike but the Minimates cant...

Different companies hold different aspects of the Marvel license. DST's license allows for figures under 2.5" in height and no playsets or vehicles. Hasbro apparently can make vehicles for their lines.

I still want to know why Superhero Squad can give Ghost Rider a bike but the Minimates cant...

Different companies hold different aspects of the Marvel license. DST's license allows for figures under 2.5" in height and no playsets or vehicles. Hasbro apparently can make vehicles for their lines.

and that is my issue with it...Superhero Squad came out after Minimates, and my understanding from what has been said about the license in the past is that they didnt want the vehicles for the Minimates conflicting with the vehicles from Toybiz.

Now that Toybiz isnt really an issue, another company (granted, one of, if not the largest toy company in the US) has stepped in with their own line of 2" figures and is able to do all the things that AA and now DST are not.

I just think it seems like a raw deal.

and that is my issue with it...Superhero Squad came out after Minimates, and my understanding from what has been said about the license in the past is that they didnt want the vehicles for the Minimates conflicting with the vehicles from Toybiz.

Now that Toybiz isnt really an issue, another company (granted, one of, if not the largest toy company in the US) has stepped in with their own line of 2" figures and is able to do all the things that AA and now DST are not.

I just think it seems like a raw deal.

Awwww that's cute, you still think life is supposed to be fair