UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of Toy Fair 2009 "Unification" Spock minimate

Wow a dude in a grey smock...

How did this line get cancelled?

Of the cool next gen guys they could have done here, another Spock? I know he has a new face and all, but. . .at least it wasn't another Kirk, I guess. And he is a free exclusive, so its hard to find too much fault with him.

Edited by karamazov80

I agree that this figure is a tad underwhelming. I assume it is trying to portray this Spock:

ST-TNG_Unification_Part_2.jpg

But the figure itself looks more like Spock in a skirt. It lacks the shoulders or the flaired elbows. It really should have been done with either some new jacket piece to at least show the stiff shoulders and length of the jacket.

With it being a giveaway item, I realize the budget is nonexistent, so they really should have gone a different route. Had they used Data, it would have fleshed out the TNG crew, could have easily made use of the current parts bin and saved a bit of money by not requiring the added skirt. Of course, maybe they had to use a Spock variant because the line isn't dead and they're saving more "required" characters for wave 6 and beyond.

Hey... if you have an extra Admiral Kirk on hand, you can pop Unification Spock's head on the body and make an older looking version of Spock from the movies. Looks much better than using TV Spock's head.

crew.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hey... if you have an extra Admiral Kirk on hand, you can pop Unification Spock's head on the body and make an older looking version of Spock from the movies. Looks much better than using TV Spock's head.

crew.jpg

Too cool. If i had a U-Spock, I'd totally do that.

I'm not aiming this at you MINI MYTE because Spock looks great in your latest photo,thankyou again......but how many collectors will get screwed by the 'retailers' on ebay at perhaps $20 or more only to pull the head off & make it worthwhile displaying.

The Star Trek Minimates line were milked until the 'fatted cow' developed mastitis. It died leaving all the cream in the udder to go slowly sour. Sometimes I wish DST just saw sense & just sold us some heads to pop on to our generic ST & BSG uniformed bodies.

Edited by buttheadsmate

The scalpers on ebay do seem to have a chokehold on us all at the moment.

I keep watching auctions for this mate sail over my price limit :angry: . I will get it someday

Mine arrived today & I was amused to see the note on the reverse of the 'header'....... "Not for children under 3 years.Ages 12 & up."

So do kids between 4 & 11 years old have to hire a lawyer ? This 'Spock' is certainly a real grey area.

I believe that what they're saying here is: some of us may be (well) over age 12, but we still act like children. So any one still childish enough to test everything with their mouth should avoid Unification Spock.

I lacerated my index finger removing one of the staples, are DST legally liable ?

Only if you're 12 and over. They specifically said on the package that it wasn't safe for people under 12, so if you're injured but fall within the realm of "safe" then they are liable. You should sue them for every European equivalent to a penny they have. Or at least for the cost of a bandage.

Of course, once you own the company, it would lose all profitability, since you don't seem likely to release any of the new releases so that you'd have an army to match the Free Comic Book Day army you've already amassed.

Thanks for the advice about my injury & how to proceed. DST emailed me to say that "they were not liable for an incorrect method of staple removal" if I had "used my mouth & swallowed it however" they would "congratulate me on my staple diet" :(

Also:

It seems that Francophobia, inexplicably to me ,seems to be the 'in thing' on these boards so .......I'll jump aboard the bandwagon:

What does my FCBD Army have in common with the French Army?

Leave either in daylight, by themselves, & they'll turn yellow .

• 3 years later...