UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Darkest Hour.

S7EVIN

This is something i dread doing... I have lost interest yet again in the Minimate World. Im Sorry.... but this time i dont expect to be getting back in..... this happens every couple of years and i have been doing good for about a year and a half but i think this time im done for good.... I dont know what the best way to get rid of all my minimates is though... Any Suggestions?

This is something i dread doing... I have lost interest yet again in the Minimate World. Im Sorry.... but this time i dont expect to be getting back in..... this happens every couple of years and i have been doing good for about a year and a half but i think this time im done for good.... I dont know what the best way to get rid of all my minimates is though... Any Suggestions?

Give them to me.

Kidding.

I believe Ebay is the best option for Minimates. Or you could offer them here and sell on ebay what's left. I'm sure someone here will give you a fair deal on the minimates, especally older ones (at least new collectors will) or Variants (most everybody will.)

BUt if you do give them to me, I won't complain ;)

But remember, if you're going to definately get rid of them, don't do it if you think there is the SLIGHTEST chance that you will get back in. Because then you'll regret it. It'll be a pain in the ass to chase them all back down again.

Edited by Trekker 42

The best way to maximize your money would be EBay, but if you are into some other collectible line, you might consider offering them up for trade here. If you do a trade where you give 5 Minimate for, say, 1 6 inch figure of some type, or a CD or DVD, or whatever, then you might help to kill 2 birds with one stone.

and that link is to do with this thread or minimates?

Look up the lyrics, or you know, watch it. It has a lot to do between S7EVIN and his Minimates. And us.

I'd really hate to see you give up your collection. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just hold onto them and wait for something you like to come out? A whole bunch of awesome stuff was revealed at ToyFair, so it's definitely worth looking into. Like Trekker said, it's going to be miserable getting back what you gave up. If you've really lost interest, maybe you should just put them away? Then if you think about them again, you can just pull them out and look at them and see how you feel then.

and that link is to do with this thread or minimates?

Look up the lyrics, or you know, watch it. It has a lot to do between S7EVIN and his Minimates. And us.

I'd really hate to see you give up your collection. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just hold onto them and wait for something you like to come out? A whole bunch of awesome stuff was revealed at ToyFair, so it's definitely worth looking into. Like Trekker said, it's going to be miserable getting back what you gave up. If you've really lost interest, maybe you should just put them away? Then if you think about them again, you can just pull them out and look at them and see how you feel then.

Hahaha... and True, last time i put them away was when the big TRU 10 pack came out and finding minimates at stores was hard, but now they just kinda sit there

If i keep them, they are only gonna collect cold dust.... I am being sworn into the US Army in early August right after my bros wedding... then comes my senior year and then off to boot camp.. so theres not as much time fro them as i would enjoy :(

Edited by S7EVIN

If you want to sell them ,then sell them & good luck to you. I have had to make similar decisions many times with varying degrees of regret. In the times were living in there are many,many things that are more important than the 'things you collect' & despite my obsession with collectables I wouldn't hesitate to sell off my stuff if I had to.

Without boring you rigid my life hasn't always been a 'bed of roses' & my 'collections' have been sold off to 'help get a deposit on a house ....then pay the (then) girlfriend off ..pay the mortgage...fix the car.. & on a couple of occasions ....eat ....etc.etc.etc.' I have also sold comic collections that "I've grown out of" :(:( What an idiot !

If you are sure you've lost interest in Minimates ,sell them (I've sent the PM hours ago) but if you're not ,shove them back in the drawer ,let them gather dust until the time comes when you need to remind yourself how much pleasure they gave you. That time may not come... but perhaps if it does I can assure you that that moment will be priceless.

Best of luck in the Army... but i say, keep 'em! So when you get back and you will come back! They will still be there when you're ready to get back collecting!

Another example of the humour of Murderofcows. My sides are splitting with laughter.

edit: I decided to pay her off..... I guess you had to marry her.

Murder of Cows comedy gold!

it was a joke grand dad...don't get your depends all in a twist.

I think it is cute you call your mom you "girlfriend" it is endearing.

moc847

No offense MOC, but your "jokes" recently seem to be particularly mean spirited. Maybe its just my reading, but you don't come off well saying these kinds of things.

Edited by karamazov80

No offense MOC, but your "jokes" recently seem to be particularly mean spirited. Maybe its just my reading, but you don't come off well saying these kinds of things.

Nah I was just ribbing the old man. There was no mean spirit, just playing around... I actually like BHM and think he is good for the community.

seriously come one...paid off his girlfriend dude that was BEGGING for a hooker joke. :)

Nah I was just ribbing the old man. There was no mean spirit, just playing around... I actually like BHM and think he is good for the community.

seriously come one...paid off his girlfriend dude that was BEGGING for a hooker joke. :)

I sometimes like to think that the best way to treat any forum is to imagine we're all together in a bar and speaking face to face. Seriously now MOC, would you say that to someone's face unless you knew them (and they you) exceptionally well? I know I wouldn't.

It's worth thinking about people. Pause before you hit that submit button and make sure you're 100% happy with what you're about to send.

I sometimes like to think that the best way to treat any forum is to imagine we're all together in a bar and speaking face to face. Seriously now MOC, would you say that to someone's face unless you knew them (and they you) exceptionally well? I know I wouldn't.

It's worth thinking about people. Pause before you hit that submit button and make sure you're 100% happy with what you're about to send.

I respect your opinion, and am not trying to be argumentative, but I was joking, and yes I would have said that in a bar...because it was a joke. I really think sometimes, the written word (especially in forums) people read too much into things. Now having said that I also know that a smiley doesnt allow us to say anything we want and pass it off as a joke. So if I hurt your feelings BHM I do apologize...it was meant as a joke, I really do not think anyone has shots of you with farm animals.

moc847

.................... I really do not think anyone has shots of you with farm animals.

moc847

What happened to the ones of me at your wedding reception?

& I'm cool with the joking & jousting MOC ...I give ,I take ;)

and THAT is why I like BHM no matter what he has a good sense of humor! :)

well played on the wedding reception! well played in deed!