UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who were the final 16?

hellpop

I'd love to see the concept art for the unmade series but DCD is extreemly closed door about that sort of stuff.

I'm thinking we would have seen some event tie-ins with Countdown and Death of the New Gods. So maybe Mr. Miracle/Desaad and Orion/Darkseid packs. For Countdown maybe a Captain Atom/Monarc or Jason Todd/Hush or Black Atom/evil Mary Marvel or packs. I didn't read Countdown so I'm not too shure which characters were heavily featured in the series.

We might have gotten Alan Scott in any number of packs...with Kyle Rayner as a GL/hero pack or with Dr. Mid-Night or Mr. Terrific as a JSA pack or with Solomon Grundy as a hero/villian pack.

We could have gotten another Titans pack with kid Flash and Beast Boy or a Modern Robin and Ravager.

We could have gotten a modern Hal Jordan with a modern Black Hand or Manhunter robot. Or a battle damaged classic Hal with a classic villian like the Shark.

And we could have gotten a JLA pack with say Martian Manhunter with Firestorm or the Atom with Elongated Man. Or we could have gotten a modern Manhunter/modern Atom pack.

...man I miss this toy line. :(

Edited by hypno

Wow, that was not what I was thinking.

I think it's more like seeing what C3 figures were being made and then not released. I still want an Alfred.

Well I really like my DC'mates and I've had some hot ex's. So either way its a loss.

:P:D

:(

i wanted jonah hex, animal man, adam strange, and a classic sandman 'mates, damn it. :(

Hey guys, where's that "beating a dead horse" emoticon? I'm just saying...

I guess this really can't be considered "beating a dead horse" since this is a legitimate mystery... wasn't it iron-Cow or somebody who said he knew who they were but just wasn't allowed to say so because of DCD?

I kinda like karamazov's guess (I'm almost POSITIVE they'd do Martian Manhunter), but I'm hoping they would've at LEAST put in some of Batman's most iconic villains in too (like Mr. Freeze, Two-face or Poison Ivy). Oh, and maybe Black Canary too, though that seems highly unlikely.

Thanks... that's why I asked the question in the first place! I just wanted to know if it had ever come out.

I'm pretty sure that we would have seen at least one classic Bat villain paired with modern (red pants) Robin. Two Face would have been my guess. And I think we would have gotten Solomon Grundy as an oversize 'mate, probably with Alan Scott. And I think we would have gotten Martian Manhunter with another JLAer, either Black Canary, Firestorm or Zatanna.

Sigh.

and Black Manta...

Get yourself a Black Manta Pocket Hero and a black blank, cut the neck peg off and glue the Manta head/oxygen tank on. Perfect Mini-Manta.

I did that. Got a picture of it, too.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3143...amp;id=70302941

Okay, that looks really good. I'm doing that.

I just had a quick brainstorm...

if Wave 8 was "up-to-date" with DC comics continuity enough to include Batwoman and Modern Question, then they should've planned Hush as well. GOD, I want a Hush minimate so badly :(

Hey guys, where's that "beating a dead horse" emoticon? I'm just saying...

I guess this really can't be considered "beating a dead horse" since this is a legitimate mystery... wasn't it iron-Cow or somebody who said he knew who they were but just wasn't allowed to say so because of DCD?

I kinda like karamazov's guess (I'm almost POSITIVE they'd do Martian Manhunter), but I'm hoping they would've at LEAST put in some of Batman's most iconic villains in too (like Mr. Freeze, Two-face or Poison Ivy). Oh, and maybe Black Canary too, though that seems highly unlikely.

Thanks... that's why I asked the question in the first place! I just wanted to know if it had ever come out.

I'm pretty sure that we would have seen at least one classic Bat villain paired with modern (red pants) Robin. Two Face would have been my guess. And I think we would have gotten Solomon Grundy as an oversize 'mate, probably with Alan Scott. And I think we would have gotten Martian Manhunter with another JLAer, either Black Canary, Firestorm or Zatanna.

Sigh.

and Black Manta...

Get yourself a Black Manta Pocket Hero and a black blank, cut the neck peg off and glue the Manta head/oxygen tank on. Perfect Mini-Manta.

I did that. Got a picture of it, too.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3143...amp;id=70302941

Okay, that looks really good. I'm doing that.

It's simple.

Get the Black Manta Pocket Hero and break the chest open. Then take out the head as it is.

Find a black minimate torso and cut the head ball joint and neck peice off so that the top of the chest is completely flat.

Now thin the hole where the ball joint has been removed out so that the Black Manta headpeice will fit right down into it. If you get it a little too loose just secure the hole with some superglue around the circumerence of it on the inside of the torso and let it dry, then try again.

Mine is set so that the head can still be removed if I wanted it to, rather than glued in place. That way I can have the head look from left to right as I want it to.

I hate contributing to this (dead)thread, we'll never know what the final 16 were, so we should have a simple poll(i.e. not too many or unrealistic choices). Just to finish out teams and some various villians and secondary characters. Once we have a 'masterlist' then members could customize the resulsts in there own fashion, and put an end to speculations. ;)

So I just did the Black Manta thing... well, except for the fact that my superglue seems to have dried up! But he looks awesome. Not hard at all either, although sawing the neck off a Minimate is more work than a quick customizer like me is used to. I guess the one bright side about the end of DC Minimates is that you know your custom won't be replaced by an official one!

• 1 month later...
I also must be in the minority with the DCD mates as I liked the choosing of obscure characters I just thought it was cool. I may have never read an Ambush Bug comic but he has his fan base I'm sure that where glad to see a figure of any sort of him

I was really happy to get a lobo and red son superman ^_^

I didn't know they official stopped making them, that makes me sad. I wanted a mr. freeze so bad =(