UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Inhuman Minimates Boxset

MASTERMC10

I can speak out to everyone saying... LET DST CREATE A MARVEL MINIMATES INHUMAN BOXSET, AM I RIGHT?

I can see it now...

Black Bolt

Medusa

Crystal

Karnak

Gorgon

Triton

Maximus the Mad

and of course drum roll please (duttta dutta dutta dutta)

LOCKJAW!

I'm talking about having an eight figure set of the Inhumans. Tell me if it's a good idea or not? :D

But, has anyone tried to make Inhumans minimate figures?

It's a good idea-wait, a GREAT idea! But I doubt we'll get any 8-packs anytime soon. Also, I don't think DST would make something that doesn't have an Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine, or Cap America in it.

And welcome to the Multiverse! :P

Edited by Iowa

A couple of guys have made customs of Black Bolt before. I imagine Medusa might be easy if you have DCD Starfire's hair.

An eight-Minimate boxset seems kinda unlikely. But between Giant-Sized X-Men and that TRU 1-pack, maybe anything's possible.

A friendly reminder: The Marvel Minimates Wish List thread is your friend.

Another friendly reminder: NorthRaider and MASTERMC10 are *not* the same person. :P

Edited by NorthRaider

Crap, don't do that to me man! With all of the good Marvel news lately, I thought this was real. And "yes", as unlikely as it is that we would get a set big enough to encompass the main Inhuman roster, it would be very much welcome. Here's your next exclusive-assignment AFX!!

A five-pack seems doable, but then how could we get the remaining 3 (Crystal, Lock-Jaw, Maximus)? Likewise, Blackbolt and perhaps a couple others are big enough to make it into a series, but you couldn't have a box set of the rest without him. The number necessary seems to be the biggest problem; it's a bit of an all-or-nothing situation. Having them all in a series together or separated seems the only solution, and even then once they are separated from Blackbolt they tend to lose appeal to anyone not committed to completing the team. *whew* I don't know, but please figure it out because I think quite a few of us would love these!

Yeah, maybe we could put, like, a question mark or something after the title of speculative/wishing/dreaming threads? For example:

Exclusive Power Pack vs Masters of Evil Box Set?

(note the question mark that lets people know it's not real)

Edited by Lobsterman

The question mark is a good idea! Anyway, I do want Inhuamns as well. I could see two AFX exclusive four-packs, the second one being realized, if the first sells well. Which it would. Anyway, I don't know how to seperate the royal family in two.

On a seperate note: BHM, you might trade your royal family in for:

butthead.jpg

The current conspicuous lack of any Inhumans Minimates right now makes me cry.

A future wave/exclusive two-pack of Black Bolt and Medusa is a MUST. (Hey, even in the comics they were nigh inseparable.) I guess Crystal could stand alone in a pack either with Lockjaw or with any of the guys she's been "romantically linked" to (i.e. Johnny Storm, Quicksilver... Ronan the Accuser?) Everybody else can probably go into the *hypothetical* Inhumans Royal Family boxset along with a variant of Black Bolt or something. (Battle-damaged, Skrull-replaced... "King of the Kree" armor?)

And yes, question mark please.

Edited by NorthRaider

I think if Marvel minimates keep going strong we will see these guys eventually.

I perhaps get the impression we'll be seeing them from you ......sooner?

I have definitely considered it! I have two lists - one for minimates that I expect DST to make someday, and the other for minimates I never expect to see. I have Inhumans on the former list, and I tend to make more customs from the latter list. With that said, sometimes I can't wait for the official versions, so I just go ahead and make them anyways (see sig for details ;) ), and other times the minimates I never expect to see from DST get made, like the AIM Agent.

I would buy a Inhumans box set in a heartbeat!!! Black Bolt is one of the top three minimates I've wanted to be made (Black Panther & Hercules being the other two) that hasn't yet. And if not a boxset, then maybe incorporate at least Black bolt into a Wave 29 set:

Hercules-Kang

Black Panther-Klaw

Black Bolt-Medusa

Black Bolt-Maximus (chase)

I think the likelyhood of an Inhumans set showing up is pretty slim, however I would be shocked if Black Bolt wasn't in one of the next two waves that they announce. I think they really missed the timing on not releasing him around the time that he was mildly in the spotlight. Maybe they're waiting until they can pull off his costume perfectly.

I think the likelyhood of an Inhumans set showing up is pretty slim, however I would be shocked if Black Bolt wasn't in one of the next two waves that they announce. I think they really missed the timing on not releasing him around the time that he was mildly in the spotlight. Maybe they're waiting until they can pull off his costume perfectly.

Well, Black Bolt is one-half of the central conflict in War of Kings, so if THAT isn't a golden opportunity for DST to release him then I don't know what is.

Okay, I just bought the Marvel Knights TPB of the Inhumans at our LCS while I was picking up waves 23 and 24 (someone beat me to all the War Machines though :() and I just finished reading the whole thing after about four hours. (Damn my reading speed :blink:) Seriously, now I'm hinging on the remote possibility they'll make mates of the Young Inhumans too.

Oh, and I was blown away by the writing on this series. Makes me wonder why more people aren't familiar with these characters.

Oh, and I was blown away by the writing on this series. Makes me wonder why more people aren't familiar with these characters.

Who are you talking about anyway? :huh:

Yeah, apparently my brain has been running on a dismal logic capacity lately so for all intents and purposes I'll just say I liked the whole TPB. (Standout chapters for me though were the ones centered on Triton and the young Inhumans and "Window to the Soul.")

I'm lousy at reading comics.

As a casual comic fan of the last 15-20 years, I could only name a few Inhumans. I'll have to check out the latest TPB, but I'm not sure there's enough carrying power to make a boxset. They should focus on more popular grous. Like Power Pack-that group has sucessful four-pack written all over it.

The weird thing is with all these marvel characters is that up until about 20 years ago I would be able to talk 'Marvel' with just about anyone. I then became a lapsed comic-fan only to return about 3 or 4 years ago . So many things are 'fresh' to me & some of it is WTF?. The Inhumans are yet another band of guys who eventually got their own mag which sit lingering in my 'cave' although anything 'Ultimate etc.' & I am totally ...lost.

I am somewhat amazed there isn't a 'comics Want/Have' here but I guess there are perhaps other 'Comic 'Verses' online?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Who are you talking about anyway? :huh:

Yeah, apparently my brain has been running on a dismal logic capacity lately so for all intents and purposes I'll just say I liked the whole TPB. (Standout chapters for me though were the ones centered on Triton and the young Inhumans and "Window to the Soul.")

I'm lousy at reading comics.

That was Paul Jenkins. It was a pretty good series. However, you should look for "Son of M" and "Silent War" which are de facto Inhumans books by David Hine, and are terrific.

I'm with BHM-I've been out of the loop for awhile and don't know much about what's going on. Since each story line keeps building off of other story lines, it's so hard to find a good jumping on point. I suppose that's why I enjoy things like Ultimates because it's a good story that's (mostly) self contained.