UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2009 what was your 1 favorite Minimate Revealed

I'm also gonna' say Gambit. The entire wave is flawless(Except Deadpools tiny swords), but the highlights have to be Gambit, Psylocke, and obviously Deadpool.

I'm just a bit pissed it keeps getting pushed back.....

Well, if you want to look at it according to time, then it was really only pushed back once as it has a release date of August, the same as the Ultimate wave. Other than that, I don't care that this wave is no longer wave 27 XD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man! Just one (1) MiniMate? Well the Wave i want most is 28. I've been waiting on Psylocke, Gambit & Sabretooth 616 for a LONG time. In the wave itself i think it comes down to Psylocke, Gambit & the Sabreteeth. The Wolverine looks great - but i already have 8 of him. I'm knocking Gambit out, even though his sculpt is near perfect, because i have been aching for more villains & females.

So - between the 'Teeth & Psylocke . . . I think i'm going to have to pick First Appearance Sabretooth. Out of the 3 'Mates left, i think this one best captures the character while still retaining the minimate feel.

Psylocke comes in at a VERY close second. Or Maybe Gambit. . . or possibly Jim Lee era Sabretooth. Or perhaps he should be my 1st pick?

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN MY CHILDREN!!!

I'm also gonna' say Gambit. The entire wave is flawless(Except Deadpools tiny swords), but the highlights have to be Gambit, Psylocke, and obviously Deadpool.

I'm just a bit pissed it keeps getting pushed back.....

Well, if you want to look at it according to time, then it was really only pushed back once as it has a release date of August, the same as the Ultimate wave. Other than that, I don't care that this wave is no longer wave 27 XD

Oh really?! Well look at me, I'm Dio, my IQ is over 9000 and I'm 25 foot tall! Jerkface.

I almost forgot, the BSG line possibly not being dead was also pretty nice, and that Stay Puft 'mate is hella' cool. Hope it comes with an alternate angry face.

I almost forgot, the BSG line possibly not being dead was also pretty nice, and that Stay Puft 'mate is hella' cool. Hope it comes with an alternate angry face.

In the control art on the AA blog, he has 3 different faces!

In the control art on the AA blog, he has 3 different faces!

I would've liked it if the final Stay Puft 'mate would come with the more classic happy expression, but I guess that's what the DST coin bank is for. ;)

Point is I wish we shouldn't have to choose just one of the new ToyFair 'mates (even if it's just a poll)... a lot of us are probably gonna snap ALL these up anyway :P

He has the alternate smiley face, according to this:

post-1827-1234753848_thumb.jpg

Though I think the bank is a great idea, since he will be much larger than the Minimates (presumably), and can also work as something that Kubrick fans will buy. I know that I will buy one, since the Mr. Stay Puft toy that I have is pretty beat up.

Didn't the prototype Stay Puft minimate in the Action-Figure.com pics have that angrier expression on it though? Maybe DST is gonna give Stay Puft two masks with different expressions on it (like Deadpool)

It did, but based on that control art, I'm guessing that he comes with 3 masks to go over his head, and that they just didn't have the other 2 on display. This is what I am hoping, anyway.

Ultimate Iron Man; when I was just a wee lad the Ultimates and the Waid/Wieringo run on Fantastic Four were what got me into comic books, so the first 2 volumes of the Ultimates will always have a special place in my heart. That and the Ultimate Iron Man armor has always been a favorite design for me (regardless of the sentimental reasons I like it).

If I had close second I'd say Old Man Logan, mainly because the ongoing storyline has been so freaking cool

( I mean there's a Venom Dinosaur in it, how is that not awesome)

and I never thought I'd see an action figure (well maybe a Marvel Select Figure) let alone a Minimate of him.

I have to go with the Winston Zeddemore Ghostbuster-he never gets any love.

I know right? I actually met him once. Ernie Hudson was a pretty cool guy.

And he was in The Crow, so... awesome.

I think you're on to something Trekker...

DST, Make "The Crow" Minimates!!!

I have to go with the Winston Zeddemore Ghostbuster-he never gets any love.

I know right? I actually met him once. Ernie Hudson was a pretty cool guy.

And he was in The Crow, so... awesome.

I think you're on to something Trekker...

DST, Make "The Crow" Minimates!!!

YES! MAKE CROW MINIMATES!