UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Xbox Live

arnim zola

I got your request Donster and approved. DocHoliday, I tried adding you once and it didn't recognize the tag. I'll try again when I can remember to do it. Maybe TBT! can remind me. I usually run into him online.

HotStuff, I may be on tonight. My HVAC system went out and I just learned that we have to replace the entire system, so I may be otherwise involved...

The only hard part about Live is that it's not something you can babystep into. I tried playing a game of MW2 and got smoked lol. I couldn't tell my team from the opposing team. Glad you guys got the invites, can't wait to see who said yes. Shane, you might double check with Holiday's tag. Crippler and Reideen were the only one's that I couldn't get to enter in at the time.

Don, I played the heck out of COD4 and my first Multi-player game of MW2 was embarrassing. I didn't know the map, it was not easy to recognize teamates/enemies, I didn't know my weapons, and I ran right into a storm of bullets each time I moved. THEN, I played a few private games in the different maps and shot the weapons, getting acclimated to both.

I still need to work on a few of the maps, but I am doing much better these days. Level 25 and moving up.

XBoxLive is fun for playing other folks in games you like, watching videos, getting downloads, contests, game info, watching trailers...the list goes on.

also,this is an xbox 360 newb question,but can anyone explain to me what the hype is for xbox live?i dont know why people thuink its cool and i havent tried it yet.

First off, you need to understand there is a Silver and Gold level of membership.

Everyone should be on Live with a Silver Account. The cool thing about Live is the Community that you get to be part of. And even though the Avatars got a lot of flack they are really fun to have and see what your friends have done. But when you are on LIVE you can see what your friends are doing, you can pull up there files and compare games that you have both played. For instance, me and my brother fight each other for GamerScore so anytime we play the same game I can check and see where he is compared to me and that's really cool. You can also start parties and chat online with your friends even if you are all playing different games. Then, there is the marketplace. With a Silver membership you can Rent/Download movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos. Most in SD and HD quality. Nothing like sitting at home on a rainy night and pulling up the Zune Marketplace and renting the newest movies right from your console and watching them instantly! You also have access to the Arcade which I think is personally the most overlooked part of the Xbox Experience. There are some real Gems on the Marketplace that are must play games. Games like Shadow Complex and Castle Crashers and Trials HD are games that need to be part of your library and you can only get them on LIVE. Finally you have the option to download Demos for a lot of upcoming Xbox games so you can try before you buy.

Now, you will notice that the main thing missing from the above paragraph is Online Gameplay. That is really what Gold is for. You can do all of the other stuff I've mentioned for free using a Silver Membership. However, if your plan to is play online you will need to upgrade to gold. Gold gives you unlimited online multiplayer, but not just that. It also gives you access to exclusive content including things like Demos that you can only download if you are Gold. Then, you have newer apps like FaceBook, Twitter, LastFM, and Netflix that all require Gold memberships. You can check and update your FaceBook and Twitter right from your Dashboard. LastFM will stream any kind of music you could think of with nice pictures and playlists right to your console. And of course, Netflix lets you stream thousands of movies right to your console and watch them at the click of a button, most times in HD quality. For $50 a year you are getting a HUGE amout of value, it really can't be beat. And at the end of the day it's really about GamePlay and there is not an online community that comes close to the accuracy and quality of what LIVE has to offer. I personally would not own an Xbox if LIVE wasn't a part of it!

Hope that helps.

neo

I got your request Donster and approved. DocHoliday, I tried adding you once and it didn't recognize the tag. I'll try again when I can remember to do it. Maybe TBT! can remind me. I usually run into him online.

HotStuff, I may be on tonight. My HVAC system went out and I just learned that we have to replace the entire system, so I may be otherwise involved...

Looks like you spelled the tag wrong.

It's "Docholliday666"

It looks like you spell it with 1 "L" instead of 2.

Thanks to a generous benefactor, who shall remain nameless, I am going to be on Live a bit more. I'm borrowing their wireless adapter until I get the new one for Christmas or pick it up for myself. Right now though, I'm going to get a couple of popsicles, take a shower and catch some zzz's. It's been one long day and I didn't get to set up anything until I got home this evening. Thankfully the mrs. took little man upstairs, so I had everything to myself. Made things a little bit easier. Although I'm still trying to figure out how all of the wires that were tied up still got all mixed up?

• 1 month later...

Nobody here added me except Timbo.

Why do you guys hate me so?????

Okay. So apparently my old account is scrapped because I POed XBL (I'm good at that) so I have a new gamer tag. "TM2 Dinobot" Catchy, no? XD

Yeah, I feel your pain Doc. I'm still waiting on Dino and a few other from another forum to add me :whistling:

Your on my list WB ;) I'm just trying to figure out this head set thing, although listening to some kid tell his buddy he sucks makes me want to reconsider :lol: I would have been on MW2 more, if the dogs hadn't woke little man up from him nap. Might see about putting him in his exersaucer to tire him out again so I can give someone some target practice.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
I really hope this doesnt count as thread necro,but if it does,sorry!But i finally got XBL and if anyone wants to add me its JulianPT1.

Since we got the new tv I haven't been on much lately myself. I'm not sure why, but I'm actually going to bed with the rest of the family :unsure: You'd think with the new toy I'd actually be up late playing my 360. Maybe when I get it mounted on the wall things will change. Mine is still The 1st Donster btw ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Still haven't had a chance to get online lately. I was hoping with the wife on vacation I'd have more opportunity, but no such luck so far. I haven't even hooked up the new console yet :( Still, if anyone wants to send me a friends request, go ahead and do so.