UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

From the Punisher boxset thread:

Exclusive Punisher/ Jigsaw are now at TRU. It is just a repack of the movie versions.

armoured punisher??? pics please!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

This is nuts. What the heck is DST up to now? Looks like they've released the Heroes/Villains repacks, the Wonder Man/Union Jack exclusive AND some mystery Punisher/Jigsaw repack for TRU wave 2. My theory is that They already have a TRU wave 3 lined up, and THAT's the wave that'll include the Wolverine origins exclusives.

Does NO ONE have pics of Union Jack/Wonder Man yet? And can anybody confirm if the Punisher/Jigsaw pack is for real? Better yet, does anybody here actually have the Punisher pack on hand?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Punisher boxset thread:

Exclusive Punisher/ Jigsaw are now at TRU. It is just a repack of the movie versions.

armoured punisher??? pics please!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

This is nuts. What the heck is DST up to now? Looks like they've released the Heroes/Villains repacks, the Wonder Man/Union Jack exclusive AND some mystery Punisher/Jigsaw repack for TRU wave 2.

it makes sense that they'd use the movie stuff to tap into the mass market [well, more mass-market than that of a comic book store] similar to what they did with the Hulk/Abomination pack that came with TRU Wave 24.

... Still no UJ/WM pics? I'm just really curious as to how these look like up close. Given their "exclusivity", me being decisive about actually getting these isn't exactly a luxury I can afford right now.

And if anybody here has the Punisher/Jigsaw repack: can you confirm if Punisher still comes packed to the nines with weapons? I just worry that DST might cut back on his accessories when they release him for TRU. Then again, the Stealth Iron Pack was loaded with accessories too so maybe I'm just worrying over nothing.

Found a case at TRU in PA at lunch today. :biggrin: Thankfully this wave got here a lot quicker than the last wave.

There's two Union Jack/Wonderman sets per case, one Punisher/Jigsaw and three of Goblin/Spidey, Doom/Hulk & Magneto/Wolverine in a case.

I was suprised there wasn't more Union Jack/Wonderman per case but since these are more for casual buyers/kids I can see why.

After three days of searching, I was finally successful! My local TRU, on Sunday, had removed the peg for these guys. When I asked one of the employees that is usually nice to me, he told me to ask at customer service. The nice lady there looked on the computer and said that they showed 24 on the floor. She called for someone to help me find them, but to no avail.

Yesterday I drove 45 miles to the next closest TRU; one that mine said had 13 on hand. When I got there I could not find them anywhere so I asked again. The employee there looked around on the floor and found a Hulk pack from the last wave over in the Lego area; they had a peg for them there. He looked in the back also, saying that they had just arrived on the latest truck, but he could not find them anywhere.

So today, I decided that I would try my local TRU again. First I checked the Legos, but no. Then I went over to the Marvel figures and BOOM. There they were. Three each of the 4-pack prepacks, 2 Wonderman/Union Jack packs and a Punisher pack. I picked up 7 up in all.

And now the picks!

Hulk/ Dr. Doom:

post-1082-1237912328_thumb.jpg

Punisher/ Jigsaw:

post-1082-1237912389_thumb.jpg

Wolverine/ Magneto:

post-1082-1237912578_thumb.jpg

Spiderman/ Green Goblin:

post-1082-1237912443_thumb.jpg

Wonderman/ Union Jack:

post-1082-1237912633_thumb.jpg

And the back, displaying them all:

post-1082-1237912489_thumb.jpg

I will try to post more pics when I have the time. Right now I need to be off to work.

Edit: Missed it by that much!

Edited by Onyx_6

Thanks for the pics, guys! And almost simultaneous posting. . .a coincidence?

I'm noticing that the "exclusive" sticker is only found on the Punisher and Wonder Man packs, though it would belong just as well on the others. Does anyone know if the Wolvie comes with a mask? I'm guessing he doesn't, given the costume, but you can't really tell there.

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks so much for all the pics guys! I really like the mother of all group shots plastered on the back of the boxes: seeing an epic array like that has got to have some kid salivating with awe somewhere. Sneaky, DST. ;)

Case ratio appears to be

3 each of Spidey/GG, Hulk/Doom, Wolvie/Magneto

2 of Wonder Man/Union Jack

1 of Punisher/Jigsaw (but what about his weapons?)

By chance does anybody have tray shots of the packs so we can see the accessories they come with?

And northraider I will never forgive you for calling me a liar. :P

I did what? :blink:

Okay, mea culpa, mea culpa. I will never doubt your sightings again. :D

Man these look great...I love that they actually did the packaging up with all of them on it instead of the separate style of the last wave!! Time to get my paypal fired up to pay someone off for these lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

Punisher comes with all his guns except the ones on the side holsters but the two pack comes with two silver guns.

I guess this settles the "which guns are Punisher's" argument in the boxset thread once and for all! :P

(I still use the black revolvers for Assault Punisher to match his armor. And to mess with all your heads. :devil:)

I wish I lived in America, ToysRus UK is useless, I love these exclusive doublepacks and wish I could own them all, especially that Punisher and Jigsaw for the boxart alone :P There's too many good minimates coming out right now and I seriously need to win the lottery to afford them all, since importing from online stores is such a ripoff these days :(

Looking at the picture of the back of the box...

Is it not strange to have movie mates (Punisher/Jigsaw) mixed in with a load of comic mates?

Normally it would be, but I think those two can pass reasonably for their comic book counterparts.

Normally it would be, but I think those two can pass reasonably for their comic book counterparts.

The first TRU wave had 2 "movie" packs and 3 "comic" packs, so this is not surprising. Despite moving wave 26 (which I thought would be an ideal TRU wave to catch casual buyers' eyes) way on back to 28 or whatever, It is still conceivable that DST will do the smarter thing, and releases the "regular" wave 25 or maybe even some forthcoming "comic" box set figures (Champions and ??) along with the two wave 26 exclusive packs for the next TRU wave.

I would guess that just releasing a bunch of hum-drum civilian Wolvies at retail won't move too many sets.

Edited by karamazov80

Anyone care to pull the new SKU off their receipt? My TRU only has the listings for the old wave (which I wish would come in, I'm still missing some. :( )

The SKU has remained the same. My TRU is showing new shipments coming in next week. The manager I spoke with said they usually keep the same SKU for items like this, which may have outdated listings.

Anybody have any suggestions as to how to get my TRU to get minimates. They did not get a single minimate from the previous sets a few months ago (i.e. stealth iron man and the spider packs). I figure the UJ/WM will show up on the website but I hate having to wait for something I should be able to walk next door from my job and pick up but my TRU sucks when it comes to minimates. I am already going to get the heroes villains sets so unless there are differences inthese 2 packs they don't really matter to me and I already have the Punisher set but if TRU is going to have an exclusive don't you think all the TRU should get them?

Anyone care to pull the new SKU off their receipt? My TRU only has the listings for the old wave (which I wish would come in, I'm still missing some. :( )

You can call them and ask about item number 11-3214 "Marvel minimate 2 pack" is what is on the sticker on the pegs. They can tell how many units, theoretically, are on the floor; how many they got in; if it was even on their truck, etc.