UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

you know, now i have to pose this question, as a completist, do i need the heroes set hulk and spider-man? obviously the wolverine is different enough, and the cap looks like he is different from the rest, but are these guys discernibly different to be displayed, or just reissues?

Espo,thank your gods because you are not a completist. If that sounds pretentious,forgive me & my pretensions :ohmy:

A sad fuc* completist wouldn't care about discernment or difference...................................

......we just need!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might appear to live closer to a TRU, and to have a "better heart" to those non-US MMMV members who start agreeing with me on the Cap issue :D

well I think the new Cap design stinks lol....honestly I cant get into it, may try the trades, but in secret invasion and so far in new avengers I havent seen anything to get me excited....plus I know karamazov is a good guy that likes to help us non-americans-who-hate-their-canadian-tru-for-not-getting-these

but I will buy the minimate happily and use it in my story/comic/movie project just for the heck of it

Jeff of the Miniacs

I might appear to live closer to a TRU, and to have a "better heart" to those non-US MMMV members who start agreeing with me on the Cap issue :D

well I think the new Cap design stinks lol....honestly I cant get into it, may try the trades, but in secret invasion and so far in new avengers I havent seen anything to get me excited....plus I know karamazov is a good guy that likes to help us non-americans-who-hate-their-canadian-tru-for-not-getting-these

but I will buy the minimate happily and use it in my story/comic/movie project just for the heck of it

Jeff of the Miniacs

I often find that when my situation stinks, looking at those even worse of makes me think 'Well - at least i'm better than SOMEONE!'

In that spirit, it may 'comfort' you to know that here in Oz (Australia) TRU don't carry ANYTHING other than hulk & spiderman toys. Marvel legends stopped at the Annihalus wave. And they have NEVER stocked MiniMates. In fact, most Comic Book Specialty stores don't carry them either. The last waves that made it to my town were Spiderman 3 & then the Avengers wave. Nothing since then & after talking with my local ComicBook guy - it looks like they will be the last.

So - when Canada seems isolated and short on 'Mates, thank your lucky stars that you don't live in Oz!

PS: In case you are wondering, kids from Oz get through the day by saying to themselves 'At least we don't live in New Zealand'.

Edited by Nessex

Jeff of the Miniacs

Not to single you out minijeff but anyone that hasn't given themselves an opportunity to read Brubaker's Cap run is seriously missing out. I can relate to the crowd that didn't want Bucky becoming Captain America, but Bru did such an excellent job with Bucky that I simply love the fact he took over for Steve. The first omnibus can usually be had pretty cheaply and contains the first 25 issues of the series. I recommend it to everyone!

you know, now i have to pose this question, as a completist, do i need the heroes set hulk and spider-man? obviously the wolverine is different enough, and the cap looks like he is different from the rest, but are these guys discernibly different to be displayed, or just reissues?

Espo,thank your gods because you are not a completist. If that sounds pretentious,forgive me & my pretensions :ohmy:

A sad fuc* completist wouldn't care about discernment or difference...................................

......we just need!

well, don't worry no pretensions seen or heard on my part, however what i mean is, i have every character and variation, however, when the only difference is that the figure have original feet or C3 feet, it don't matter, as long as i have the character, but if it is a redo that looks improved or different, I NEED IT

(good enough for you BHM?)

Jeff of the Miniacs

Not to single you out minijeff but anyone that hasn't given themselves an opportunity to read Brubaker's Cap run is seriously missing out. I can relate to the crowd that didn't want Bucky becoming Captain America, but Bru did such an excellent job with Bucky that I simply love the fact he took over for Steve. The first omnibus can usually be had pretty cheaply and contains the first 25 issues of the series. I recommend it to everyone!

oh I do want to try it.....but with tight budgets the issues didnt grab my interest in single format...I have read the first winter soldier trade and am looking at getting more

Jeff of the Miniacs

We'll get a system worked out when these start showing up. Non-U.S. members shouldn't worry too much about having trouble finding the TRU exclusives.

way to watch out for the foreign Mates ; )

I'm sure i speak for all Ozzies, Kiwi's, Canucks etc. . . when i say a huge thank-you for being willing to help out.

......we just need!

well, don't worry no pretensions seen or heard on my part, however what i mean is, i have every character and variation, however, when the only difference is that the figure have original feet or C3 feet, it don't matter, as long as i have the character, but if it is a redo that looks improved or different, I NEED IT

(good enough for you BHM?)

Thankfully it seems you are a 'Safe Level' completist which I completely applaud. There are one or two nutters here who would buy a set of Minimates purely because the package has a different bar-code or heaven forbid Spanish or French Packaging :ohmy:

I know someone who even has a bald Kingpin MIB. Sad,sad people :(

We'll get a system worked out when these start showing up. Non-U.S. members shouldn't worry too much about having trouble finding the TRU exclusives.

I'm sure i speak for all Ozzies, Kiwi's, Canucks etc. . . when i say a huge thank-you for being willing to help out.

i second [third? fourth? seven hundred thirteenth?] this. good man!

... also, put me on the list of those who'll be needing this sort of help. :D

i second [third? fourth? seven hundred thirteenth?] this. good man!

... also, put me on the list of those who'll be needing this sort of help. :D

... I'm with him. :yes:

Through some very kind and generous american MMMV members, I was able to obtain Stealth IM / Gauntlet TS sets. I'd very much like to be part of this upcoming "supply the rest of the world with TRU minimate exclusives" bounty hunt.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Through some very kind and generous american MMMV members, I was able to obtain Stealth IM / Gauntlet TS sets. I'd very much like to be part of this upcoming "supply the rest of the world with TRU minimate exclusives" bounty hunt.

is this really happening cause i cant seem to get any of the tru minis

is this really happening cause i cant seem to get any of the tru minis

Absolutely man. Welcome to the Multiverse: Where we help our bretheren.

I'm sure some kind soul will in some way find you what you need. That's how it's always worked here.

In that spirit, it may 'comfort' you to know that here in Oz (Australia) TRU don't carry ANYTHING other than hulk & spiderman toys. Marvel legends stopped at the Annihalus wave. And they have NEVER stocked MiniMates.

Probably needlessly petty of me, but C3 hit Big-W, K-Mart and you guessed it, Toys-R-U in Oz, so technically we did have Minimates.

Once apon a time...

Cyc

I'll gladly help members get TRU minis. I don't make it to TRU often, but when these hit I will gladly pick up some spares to sell at at cost... preference given, of course, to those that agree that new Cap is at the very least a cool design. ;)

In that spirit, it may 'comfort' you to know that here in Oz (Australia) TRU don't carry ANYTHING other than hulk & spiderman toys. Marvel legends stopped at the Annihalus wave. And they have NEVER stocked MiniMates.

Probably needlessly petty of me, but C3 hit Big-W, K-Mart and you guessed it, Toys-R-U in Oz, so technically we did have Minimates.

Once apon a time...

Cyc

I DO remember those, but it was when i was 'only collecting' X-men 'Mates. Since then i have expanded to Avengers. . . and Spiderman. . . and then Batman & his Rogues Gallery. . . then Teen Titans, now Marvel & DC in general. . .

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

I'll gladly help members get TRU minis. I don't make it to TRU often, but when these hit I will gladly pick up some spares to sell at at cost... preference given, of course, to those that agree that new Cap is at the very least a cool design. ;)

Oh - Fo Shizzle! The new design is sweet. And i think it's cool that Bucky took up the mantle. I hope Marvel has the balls to keep Steve dead for a good long time before ressurecting him with a magic lamp or whatever it is that they plan to do to bring him back!