UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the fact that Union Jack, a great british superhero now becomes a minimates which we can buy from toys r us, i will look forward to this and will camping out a my local toys r us.......... oh wait i live in great britain so i'm going to have to pay around £25 to get 1 from ebay in the states like i had to do with stealth movie iron man because i can't buy this great british superhero minimate in great britain.......

Nuff said!!

If he pops up on Toys R Us online like Stealth IM did, I would be happy to play the go-between to save some of you guys in the UK/Canada/etc. some cash by sending him for cost. I made the offer last time, and no one really seemed interested whatdoyoudo.gif

I'm VERY interested - I'd be happy to Paypal some cash to you if you're willing to send them as far away as Australia.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to create a thread where various international members could post their wants when exclusives come up. Then, U.S. members could PM them when/if they found something they were looking for, and then the person wanting something could edit or delete their post to reflect that they had been helped. I don't know how necessary something this organized would be, but when I see people paying the equivalent of $35 for a $7 2-pack (with the current currency conversion, it was probably more when these first hit), it makes me a sad panda :(

I think that sounds like an excellent idea. After a bit of hunting on eBay i found the Secret Invasion set for $43 after conversion. And that was the absolute best deal i saw on there. After shipping and conversion - international collectors can end up spenind a mint on these little buggers.

Good thinking. I never would have tried that.

Now, if only the made a Minimate Hitler to pummel with good, 'ole 1940's truth and justice.

post-638-1234533038_thumb.jpg

'Hitler' is actually 'Skunk' from Tokyo Tribe Series 3 & unusually small for a kubrick . He is the same size as Minimate although his proportions are different esp. his head.

post-638-1234533483_thumb.jpg

Perhaps he is a 'Little Hitler' ?

Cleverly done though,no real swastikas just implied swastikas. Pity Minimate Red Skull couldn't have been treated the same way.

Good thinking. I never would have tried that.

Now, if only the made a Minimate Hitler to pummel with good, 'ole 1940's truth and justice.

post-638-1234533038_thumb.jpg

'Hitler' is actually 'Skunk' from Tokyo Tribe Series 3 & unusually small for a kubrick . He is the same size as Minimate although his proportions are different esp. his head.

post-638-1234533483_thumb.jpg

Perhaps he is a 'Little Hitler' ?

Cleverly done though,no real swastikas just implied swastikas. Pity Minimate Red Skull couldn't have been treated the same way.

You know, I bet Blackhawk would make a good Hitler with a little help from his friends. My spare is already awaiting a Red Skull, uh, skull, to become Nazi era Red Skull.

Wait, PLEASE don't tell me we're on the brink of yet another swastika historical:symbolism argument? :(

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Quick question, where is everyone finding these in your local TRU? I found them once again on a side fixture next to the Playmobil/Lego aisle :huh: I felt the deja vu of when AA had them in the toy aisles all over again :confused:

Quick question, where is everyone finding these in your local TRU? I found them once again on a side fixture next to the Playmobil/Lego aisle :huh: I felt the deja vu of when AA had them in the toy aisles all over again :confused:

For the series 23 mates, at one TRU near me they were in the seasonal aisle with the christmas stuff, and at another TRU they were in with the hot wheels and matchbox cars. The employees didn't seem to know where to put them.

Looks like this pack is part of a TRU wave. According to the AA blog, the other sets are Wolverine/Magneto, Hulk/Dr. Doom, and Spiderman/Green Goblin, all from the upcoming Heroes/Villains sets.

The blog in question

Wow, this sounds like amazing news! And yes, I'm also surprised that there's no Cap/Red Skull pack; I imagine that pack would've been an instant hit. Maybe DST is worried this pack might reduce interest in the Wave 25 one? Or maybe they're going to release Cap/Skull in another TRU wave? Or maybe they just forgot to include it in the blog pics, or are gonna make it a variant-style pack in place of Wonder Man/Union Jack?

My head hurts.

They probably just think the others will sell better. Not being a "MIB" collector, this doesn't affect me much, but it sucks for some of you who are, as your only Cap/Red Skull 2-pack will include some lame-o imposter Cap :(

Wow, this sounds like amazing news! And yes, I'm also surprised that there's no Cap/Red Skull pack; I imagine that pack would've been an instant hit. Maybe DST is worried this pack might reduce interest in the Wave 25 one? Or maybe they're going to release Cap/Skull in another TRU wave? Or maybe they just forgot to include it in the blog pics, or are gonna make it a variant-style pack in place of Wonder Man/Union Jack?

My head hurts.

My guess is that they won't release the Red Skull as a two-pack so you have a reason to buy the Villains 4-pack.

I didn't even think about the X-men army building potential.

Don't we have at least one member around here who also "army builds" Hulks? :D

I know I "army build" wave 5 Caps and wave 2 Spideys

Edited by karamazov80