UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

I don't believe they put in a release date... I never actually buy Toyfare, but just flip through it in the shop. Isn't that what it's there for? :D

At the beginning of the write-up they list release dates.(rough estimate) It says May/June. Remember this is for all the mates on the page. They had Wolverine movie wave and T2 there as well. :) Oh and wave 25. forgot about that one. :blush:

Edited by bilbofett

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they have to use that neck piece on WM? I hated that piece on Jigsaw because it restricted neck movement so I ended up getting rid of it. Doesn't this figure kind of look like a repainted Jigsaw with new hair, expeccially with the neck piece, the belt, and the similar tops?

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=695

Just for reference...

Edited by Iowa

Wonderman looks much better than I imagined without actual sculpted pieces. Union Jack, well he's as good as I knew he'd be. I wonder what these will be shipped-out with, or if they will just be sold solo. Good stuff; keep'em coming! B)

I LOVE minimates and these little surprises, make me love them even more...

that is THE version of Wonder Man I wanted and Union Jack i mean SWEET! now we have the Invaders Baby!!!

Not yet, we still need Toro. :D

And Spitfire! As well as making up the Invaders she's also a prominent character in Captain Britain and mi13. In fact they could do the two faces thing and give her a vamp face too. That'd be... Nice!

But Union Jack! I am so very very pleased to see this character mateyfied™ Come on Chuck, let's have Captain Britain next please. But in his Alan Moore/Davis Era suit, not the travesty he's wearing in the series.

i love the fact that Union Jack, a great british superhero now becomes a minimates which we can buy from toys r us, i will look forward to this and will camping out a my local toys r us.......... oh wait i live in great britain so i'm going to have to pay around £25 to get 1 from ebay in the states like i had to do with stealth movie iron man because i can't buy this great british superhero minimate in great britain.......

Nuff said!!

Edited by winkerbean

i love the fact that Union Jack, a great british superhero now becomes a minimates which we can buy from toys r us, i will look forward to this and will camping out a my local toys r us.......... oh wait i live in great britain so i'm going to have to pay around £25 to get 1 from ebay in the states like i had to do with stealth movie iron man because i can't buy this great british superhero minimate in great britain.......

Nuff said!!

I agree and well said.

Nuff said!!

If he pops up on Toys R Us online like Stealth IM did, I would be happy to play the go-between to save some of you guys in the UK/Canada/etc. some cash by sending him for cost. I made the offer last time, and no one really seemed interested whatdoyoudo.gif

I think we were all flailing around last time Karamazov. The stealth Iron-Man set seemed very scarce to begin with though as we all know it became readily available online and in stores. It's good that we have U.S. based members who are happy to help and I'd certainly take you up on your offer next time mate.

I don't think these 2 will go for as much as the Stealth Iron Man pack is anyway, because they are more obscure, less popular characters. Once they come out, if you want to pick up a set from EBay, I doubt it will run £25, even with shipping (though I don't really know how much EBay sellers in the U.S. typically charge for shipments to the UK. . .).

Edited by karamazov80

Nuff said!!

If he pops up on Toys R Us online like Stealth IM did, I would be happy to play the go-between to save some of you guys in the UK/Canada/etc. some cash by sending him for cost. I made the offer last time, and no one really seemed interested whatdoyoudo.gif

That is a fantastic offer, (sorry i missed the last one) I'll take you up on that offer then :D

That is a fantastic offer, (sorry i missed the last one) I'll take you up on that offer then :D

If these come up on TRU.com I'll start a thread about it. But even if that didn't work out, I'm sure many of you guys know that if you want something that can be found in the states, just ask. There is a fair chance that someone will help find what you need. It doesn't seem right that any contributing board members from out of the country should have to resort to high eBay prices to get something that is reasonably commonplace in the U.S.

I LOVE minimates and these little surprises, make me love them even more...

that is THE version of Wonder Man I wanted and Union Jack i mean SWEET! now we have the Invaders Baby!!!

Not yet, we still need Toro. :D

I bought two Invaders sets, and removed the shoulder and head flame effects from Torch. He looks smaller as a result. Bam! Instant Toro.

If these come up on TRU.com I'll start a thread about it. But even if that didn't work out, I'm sure many of you guys know that if you want something that can be found in the states, just ask. There is a fair chance that someone will help find what you need. It doesn't seem right that any contributing board members from out of the country should have to resort to high eBay prices to get something that is reasonably commonplace in the U.S.

I helped out someone last time for the Iron Man ones and am also willing to do it again if you need extra help Kar, just let me know!

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to create a thread where various international members could post their wants when exclusives come up. Then, U.S. members could PM them when/if they found something they were looking for, and then the person wanting something could edit or delete their post to reflect that they had been helped. I don't know how necessary something this organized would be, but when I see people paying the equivalent of $35 for a $7 2-pack (with the current currency conversion, it was probably more when these first hit), it makes me a sad panda :(