UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

:D im so happy i went to one of my local tru's and all of wave two was there thers still one wm/uj one p/js 3 h/dd and 3 w/m and 2 sm/gg for anyone who lives in la the tru i went to was on jefferson and sepulvada

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the monkeys running my local stores, they don't have them, haven't ever carried them and won't ever get them in.

Funny, I cleaned them out of the most recent wave the day I saw them on the pegs. B@stards. I even give them the SKU and they don't know wtf I'm talking about.

And why can't TRU carry them online? Double b@stards.

<---- woke up grumpy this morning. Sorry for the rant.

I just went the other day and the only pack they had was Wolverine/Magneto.

Sad thing is, I didn't get it cause I'm not too interested in these ones........TOTALLY wanted the Ironman exclusive set but they never got those (or someone beat me to them), but these ones....I can do without.

Well, all that and I am completely out of cash.....lol

pretty sure everybody knows this but the wolverine is perfect for a forge quickie

I would love to see some pics of anybody using this wolvy for a forge...I have some ideas but want to see what everyone else comes up with while I am waiting to get mine

Jeff of the miniacs

pretty sure everybody knows this but the wolverine is perfect for a forge quickie

I would love to see some pics of anybody using this wolvy for a forge...I have some ideas but want to see what everyone else comes up with while I am waiting to get mine

Jeff of the miniacs

I'd think the Wolverine body would work easier for a Banshee then Forge since you have to make a bunch of extra stuff for Forge to look right really.

Now that I think on it... I wonder how would AA do a Banshee? Would they give him a cloth cape? Or make it so his arms can't move at all with a plastic one? O_o

Well, whatever solution AA comes up with for Banshee, hopefully they can do something like it for *other* winged heroes too (Falcon, Vulture, Jim Lee Storm *cough*Black Bolt*cough*)

I can see AA doing something similar to ManBat for Falcon & Vulture. Where as i think Banshee, Blackbolt & Storm would require something more pliable. Perhaps a rubber cape like Storm's Marvel Legends figure?

I could be wrong on this, but it appears DST hasn't used any rubber Minimate parts since C3 though. They'll probably give Banshee and Storm a regular (appropriate-shaped) cape and forego the "wings" on Black Bolt altogether (like they did on Spiderwoman and Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man)

I could be wrong on this, but it appears DST hasn't used any rubber Minimate parts since C3 though. They'll probably give Banshee and Storm a regular (appropriate-shaped) cape and forego the "wings" on Black Bolt altogether (like they did on Spiderwoman and Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man)

Bummer :ermm: BlackBolt needs pleats!

I never got the C3 mates; Which ones incorporated rubber parts?

they will probaly be the thing s they gave to angel and wasp but with smaller wings as for the forge its really quite easy all i need is that street fighter hair with the red headband

Bummer :ermm: BlackBolt needs pleats!

... all guesswork, of course.

I never got the C3 mates; Which ones incorporated rubber parts?

Er... most of them, actually. Some of them used rubber accessories on everything: Rubber masks, rubber capes, rubber belts, rubber hairpieces, rubber gloves (:blink:)...

To be fair, I only own the Chemical Warehouse and Batglider sets, so I can personally vouch for the rubber parts on the two Batmans, Joker and Catwoman. Though if the Minimates Central reviews are any indication, C3 Robin is lousy with rubber parts too...

Finally found them at a local TRU after checking there weekly. Unfortunately they didn't have any Union Jack/Wonder Man sets or the Stealth Iron Man sets :( I did pick up two Wolverine/Magneto sets and the Spidey/Green Goblin set. Anyone with an extra WM/UJ set, or stealth IM set that can hook me up?

Since I know there are some Houston guys on here, I wanted to post that I just saw a full case of these on the pegs at the Willowbrook TRU. I got mine a couple weeks ago in Katy so I left them all today. Good luck.

E>

I saw a few UJ/WM sets on the pegs Saturday. PM me if you still need help picking these up and I'll swing by and grab them.

--

edit

--

Picked up all of the sets I could find, and they've been claimed. Thanks for playing. ;)

Edited by Lobsterman

Yeah, that's exactly what I plan on doing when I get the set (going tonight so hopefully then). I'll post pics tonight, as i have all the parts already laid out.

Ok, a few days late, but here's my forge:

PICT1638.jpg

Here are some pics of Union Jack and Wonderman with their respective teams:

PICT1642.jpg

PICT1640.jpg

Edited by the punisher=D

Cool action pics! FemUltron is turning into a fan favorite I see. ;)

I just have to ask... which one's Toro and which one's the Human Torch? :P

And I guess I should have this conclusively confirmed by now but... did Bucky REALLY carry his own shield during his time on the Invaders?!

Edited by NorthRaider

Cool action pics! FemUltron is turning into a fan favorite I see. ;)

And I guess I should have this conclusively confirmed by now but... did Bucky REALLY carry his own shield during his time on the Invaders?!

Not according to anything I have ever seen and it wasn't written into the current Avengers/ Invaders storyline, Which from my best educated guess is what this box set is based off of.