UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

I'm actually surprised so many of you have seen your 'Mates sell out. The only ones people around here seemed to pick up (apart from myself, of course) were the Iron Man sets. I'm glad to hear it, of course. Minimates selling is always good, but they sure have warmed the pegs at both my local TRU, and the one near my parents' house (last time I was there).

Now the DCUC figures won't stay on the shelves for more than 5 minutes, but that's another issue.

*hint hint*

Hurm. . .

The last set of mates that I have seen at any of my tru's was the darkstalkers 4 pack on clearance. And that was like over a year ago. It makes me sad that I have to only be able to go online or trade for mates.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last set of mates that I have seen at any of my tru's was the darkstalkers 4 pack on clearance. And that was like over a year ago. It makes me sad that I have to only be able to go online or trade for mates.

Whilst I sympathise Doc, that scenario is THE scenario for buying ALL Minimates for everyone outside the US. :(

Holy monkeys! So I called around and my Toys R Us had them. A TRU in Yuma, Arizona! Wow, so I got two Union Jack/Wondermans, a Hulk/Doom, and a Spiderman/Goblin. I am so stoked, I hope this happens will more minimates, it great to see them in my small town. I think the reason this worked out was because I bought two Union Jack/Wonderman packs off of ebay totaling around 40 bucks. Well if anyone needs a Union Jack Wonderman pack let me know.

God Bless minimates!

I'm sorry, but you lost me at 'Sweat Christmas'. It got me thinking about how fat Santa is and what he must smell like after a long night's work in full gear. Bleh.

Sweat rooster!

On ne fait pas de blagues sur le Père Noël! :ohmy:

Thanks for the support Karamazov, I really do appreciate that!

Of course it's hard to avoid mistakes while writing in a foreign language (and I do feel like some of you are feeling the same sometimes) and I'd be pretty hacked off if everybody's always picking on my mistakes although you do get the intension. But those kind of misspellings BHM usually points out are pretty funny, so it's ok. They are called Zwiebelfisch in German - literally meaning "onion fish", an old phrase used by typographers since Gutenberg's days - referring to mistakes occuring in letterpress printing, resulting in a changed meaning of the intended word. Just like "sweat Christmas" or "team rooster". In those cases I think it's funny and I regard Granny Hog's banter as warrantable. (Although I personally think she's a stroppy old frump.)

:P

The TRU in Midlothian, VA had them Thursay afternoon. I picked up WM/UJ, Punisher/Jigsaw, and Wolv/Mag. The other packs look okay, but I can wait for the Heroes/Vilains packs for the others.

The WM/UJ are (obviously) the best. UJ's mask went on without any trouble; couldn't get Mag's helmet on at all. LOVED the Punisher's arsenal, and even Jigsaw's hair... looks like a piece from the Vanilla Ice minimate prototype! :lol:

Onion Fish :D I once printed a brochure for a major hotel chain in the UK. Five thousand copies ,sixteen pages. The brochures were delivered on schedule & all was well......until the female buyer from the Hotel Chain rang me regarding page ....(whatever) which showed their Christmas Day Menu .

"It seems Rob that we shan't be having our Bucks Fizz Brunch after all ! " she exclaimed.

"I beg your pardon ?" I replied whilst frantically looking for a 'file copy'.

Then I saw it :( ........... Fucks Bizz Brunch... :huh:

I had to reprint the whole bloody lot & twenty years later I still find it sort of funny but I'm afraid old habits die hard & when it comes to spelling .....I'm your man....most of the time.

My typesetter (obviously a relative of Mr.Spooner) was never able to have children after this mistake :angry:

BHM - Onion Angler!

Edited by buttheadsmate

I picked these up today. what sucks I know I am the only person that bought the last set that hit the shelves at the TRU here so I feel like if I don't buy them up they will stop getting them.

Buy them all and sell them on ebay after of course trying to sell them here. I'm sure at the very least you would be able to make your money back.

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

I picked these up today. what sucks I know I am the only person that bought the last set that hit the shelves at the TRU here so I feel like if I don't buy them up they will stop getting them.

Seems to be what is happening here, so far.

Buy them all and sell them on ebay after of course trying to sell them here. I'm sure at the very least you would be able to make your money back.

What he said ;)

Well I can get anything except the Union Jack I bought both of those today. PM with needs.

s

SO is anyone gonna post pics of the other sets....we have seen the union jack and punisher sets but I would like some good review pics of any of the other ones to hold me over!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I think that most people are waiting for the heroes and villians boxes to get the other ones.

Just went to the Erie, PA TRU today and was able to locate the Union Jack/ Wonder Man set but didn't have any luck with the Punisher one. I also picked up the Spidey/Green Goblin set and noticed that they had the others in stock.

During my visit, I also secured two extra Union Jack/Wonder Man sets. PM me if you're still looking for these.

The TRU in Midlothian, VA had them Thursay afternoon. I picked up WM/UJ, Punisher/Jigsaw, and Wolv/Mag. The other packs look okay, but I can wait for the Heroes/Vilains packs for the others.

The WM/UJ are (obviously) the best. UJ's mask went on without any trouble; couldn't get Mag's helmet on at all. LOVED the Punisher's arsenal, and even Jigsaw's hair... looks like a piece from the Vanilla Ice minimate prototype! :lol:

You're from Midlothian as well? Cool!

I stopped by today and they had the Magneto/Wolverine, Spidey/Goblin, and Hulk/Doom packs. I think there were two of each of those.