UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no Toys R Us where I live, but I was visiting a town with one today and I was able to pick up the one Wonder Man/ Union Jack they had on the shelf. I was very happy until I got it home, opened it up, and realized they hadn't packed in Union Jack's knife. There wasn't even the scotch tape that usually holds smaller accessories in. So now I'm happy that I was able to get my hands on the figures but also feel a small bit of loss. Only a small bit. I'd probably lose the knife eventually. Or maybe that's just sour grapes.

Edited by Action Ranger

punisher=d, what's your recipe for Forge? He looks awesome.

Yeah, I'd really like to know where that face comes from. Scouring Minimate Database did me no such luck, but seeing as how lazy and unthorough I am, that's no surprise. :P

I called my Toys 'R Us this morning, after hearing on here that others' were getting new shipments in. After 20 minutes, they told me that they had all the packs in stock, minus the Punisher/Jigsaw set. So I took two bus' out there, and nabbed myself a Union Jack/ Wonderman two pack, and left the rest, seeing as I'll probably get the Heroes and Villians boxes.

Out of curiosity, though, I checked both the Wolverine movie section and Terminator 4 sections. There was no display for the new Wolverine minimates, but the Terminator section had two pegs listed for their minimate sets, currently being occupied by some Halo 12" helmet packs.

So it seems another bus ride out there might have to come soon. =/

Were those Union Jack/Wonder Man sets available on TRU.com? Because they aren't there anymore.

The second wave of TRU Minimates hasn't shown up on-line (at least not yet). There's no real rhyme or reason to how these are coming out.

Frustrating. But thanks for nailing down why I couldn't find one yet.

bucky never had a shield, the 3rd shield the more blue one is caps after the triangle, only for one or two issues i believe, before the third and most iconic, hey punisher awesome forge by the way but he needs a robotic/silver left hand also

Edited by red spade

Just wanted to pipe in and say 1.) I don't think I've ever started a thread anywhere that went 17 pages before! :biggrin: and 2.) I just mentioned in the Wolverine thread that I went to a TRU yesterday that previously had a ton of these in stock- at least two cases judging from the amount of Wonder Man/Union Jack two packs- and they have sold them almost all out. So (extrapolating my experience to be the case for the rest of the country!) these seem to be doing pretty well. Hopefully we'll get some new members here that just got their first Minimates at TRU recently!

Just wanted to pipe in and say 1.) I don't think I've ever started a thread anywhere that went 17 pages before! :biggrin: and 2.) I just mentioned in the Wolverine thread that I went to a TRU yesterday that previously had a ton of these in stock- at least two cases judging from the amount of Wonder Man/Union Jack two packs- and they have sold them almost all out. So (extrapolating my experience to be the case for the rest of the country!) these seem to be doing pretty well. Hopefully we'll get some new members here that just got their first Minimates at TRU recently!

Guilty as charged. I saw these advertised in Toy Fare and they looked awesome. I needed something new to collect that wasn't too much $$$. I picked up the entire wave 2 at TRU. That Punisher 2 pack was the hardest to find, but I stumbled upon a freshly stocked shelf. I have also picked up the Minimates Max Galactus via eBay. I also have the new series on preorder at BBTS, these buggers are addicting.

woohoo i finally got union jack and wonder man!! I went to my local toys r us today, usually i work and can only go on the weekend but i had the day off so off to tru i went, went to the marvel aisle but all they had was hulk/doom mates so i got depressed but then i remembered people like to put stuff in the upper compartments and lo and behold by the bakugan was UJ and WM, so i pulled it out with a huge smile as a employee came by to say i cannot go up there with some serious attitude, so i said well I'm buying this so its mine and walked off to purchase. they are awesome, i dont like the safari jacket so i just swiped the head to put on my other wonder man and he came out awesome definitely my definitive wonder man, and union jack is probably up there with wave 5 cap as one of my favorites.

woohoo i finally got union jack and wonder man!! I went to my local toys r us today, usually i work and can only go on the weekend but i had the day off so off to tru i went, went to the marvel aisle but all they had was hulk/doom mates so i got depressed but then i remembered people like to put stuff in the upper compartments and lo and behold by the bakugan was UJ and WM, so i pulled it out with a huge smile as a employee came by to say i cannot go up there with some serious attitude, so i said well I'm buying this so its mine and walked off to purchase. they are awesome, i dont like the safari jacket so i just swiped the head to put on my other wonder man and he came out awesome definitely my definitive wonder man, and union jack is probably up there with wave 5 cap as one of my favorites.

UJ is also one of my faves, congrats on the find.

• 2 weeks later...