Did you like the C3 concept?

Danny

Did you like the C3 concept?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the C3 concept?

• Yes, it added to the Minimates themselves
    • No, really only wanted the Minimates
    • Wasn't interested in C3 or the Minimates at all

The Batcave should have been a masterpiece but was too unstable.

The Mini-Flyers had no collector appeal and kids just didn't seem to be interested, maybe it was the selection of figures that put them off?)

I still have all the bat-vehicles on display, my favourite being the large batmobile which I think looks excellent. Unfortunately the chemical warehouse and throne room were just too dull to display. Having said all that, I really liked the C3 concept and think it's a great shame it went belly up.

The only thing that was great about the C3 concept was that the smaller, peg hole minimate feet debuted. Other than that the C3 blocks weren't as good as Lego or Mega Blocks for that matter and I think the line suffered from that. Larger sets such as the big batmobile or the batwing should have come with more than one minimate.

The Batcave actually killed it for me. The colors were wrong, the pieces didn't stay together and it didn't come with Alfred.

I'm still weirded out that the Batcave ended up with another Bruce Wayne instead of Alfred. You'd think a generic Minimate of an old guy in a tux would be easy to do, but then it was like they changed their minds at the last minute and put in that Bruce Wayne based on the cartoon, which sorta confuses the whole set. (The Batcave ALREADY came with a Batman variant.)

Anyone got an explanation for this?

The Batcave came with a Bruce Wayne in a tux, Heavy Assault Batman and Joker. Here's a review from Minimate Central. The animated Bruce Wayne came with the con exclusive Stealth Batwing set.

Oh my God, the Batcave brings back bad memories. I had JUST finished it, after working on it for like 5 hours, then my cat ran into it. BOOM! There were bricks all over the place. About a month later, I took out all the pieces and tried to build it again. It was finished, so I decided to display it with my 'mates. I was gonna put Bruce Wayne on the top, but his feet didn't fit. I put some pressure on him and the building and BOOM! It exploded. Then I just said "screw it" and put it away...

I really liked the concept, however the execution and overall design of the sets were awful and uninspired.Things were much better when DCD launched their line (man I wish they'd reconsider!).

Good concept. But for the reasons already listed here: (parts didn't fit, Alfred replaced with a Wayne), it just didn't work out so hot. If it happend again, I wouldn't poo poo on the idea. I'd just hope that the sets were modestly priced so that those of us who like having two or three of a certain figure wouldn't have to pass it up because a huge expensive set was too much to buy twice just for one figure (I'm lookin' at you, green-haired Joker!)

Sets were okay, but value for money they weren't. More expensive than lego (at least locally) and megablocks which now feature high detail mini-figs. I did like the second wave/min-flyers, but it pretty hard to take multiple batmen with highly expensive vehicles.

But Pprobably worst thing to come from c3 for me, was it made me a dirty filthy scalper...

Having DC minimates to go along with Marvel was the shite. I didn't mind the smaller sets(i.e. mini-flyers, mini Batmobile), but the bigger sets(the nearly unbuildable Batcave-I super-glued most of it together :angry:) were a strain. But since then I've picked up some of the Mega-bloks sets, and got the Lego Arkham Asylum and Joker copter/Bat plane really cheap. Getting extra Legos off the website and eBay to make them compatible for mates was easy.

I only purchased these for the MiniMates, and had no use for the C3 sets. I, too, love LEGO, but there's a reason that LEGO's number one: quality. The C3 blocks weren't very good for building, and for the most part the sets weren't very good. They did have a few nice ideas (like Superman's clear flight arcs), and the Batcave had potential if it had been real LEGO.

I tossed out all my C3 bricks a couple years ago, keeping only MiniMates of course.

I didn't care for C3 building blocks at first, but it grew on me as I acquired the sets. The Batcave is marvelous with the Minimate artwork on the pieces. The Mini-Flyers were the weakest offering and I suspect their only purpose was to deliver Minimates.

I have since purchased some Prototype C3 pieces on Ebay - primarily the full size Javelin pieces. Sadly, some of the unique pieces broke in transit (I can fix with superglue). At some point in the distant future, I intend to cast resin replicas and offer some as contest prizes at MMHQ. I'm sure more than one collector on the boards here would like a replica full size C3 Javelin.

I know I would be down for this as it was one of the sets I was most looking forward to and you had beat me in the auctions :P but definitely count me in whether its contest or otherwise for a shot at a replica of it!

that said I do love the C3 concept and for some things it worked quite well. I still need to find another of the large Batmobiles for my collection since I gave mine up to my son. I still have my stealth batwing intact but the rest have since slowly disappeared lol. I am very happy to own the prototype box for the ice scorpion but wish that wave would have been released for the Mr Freeze minimate lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

I only bought it for the minimates I got out of them. I didn't like them, because the minimates didn't mesh well with the bricks. Lego minifigures are more integrated to the bricks they come with. I also feel C3 did not add much to minimates and honesstly I'd much pefer a plastic batcycle as opposed to a bulky one made out of 2nd rate lego(that came off much meaner than I intendened).