UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Could DC minimates be coming back?

mtd20_2000

Minimate heaaquarters reported that this years minimate pannel said:

"There was also some talk about the behind the scenes workings of Marvel, Street Fighter, And DC"

Does behind the scene workings with DC mean a comeback for minimates?

Lets all cross our fingers and hope so!!!

I was at the panel & the question about DC mates was asked about 4 times - the reply was always nothing is planned for DC and that if you want DC Mates ask DC Direct

The mattel booth had smaller superhero squad type DC figures so perhaps they are going that route now

I think DC is pretty much dead and buried

Edited by Modefan

& the only reference they made to street fighter was the fact that when they were designing the mates - they were asked to tone down some of the concepts because they were too " sexy " I heard no reference that they were planning on making more

This was all from the panel - I'm not sure if someone cornered someone from DST and grilled them for info

Minimate heaaquarters reported that this years minimate pannel said:

"There was also some talk about the behind the scenes workings of Marvel, Street Fighter, And DC"

Does behind the scene workings with DC mean a comeback for minimates?

Lets all cross our fingers and hope so!!!

Allow me to clarify.

I only said that there was discussion about the behind the scene workings on the lines when they were relevant. Go check out the Panel notes that minijeff posted. It said that DC wanted to go the 2.5" route while Digger was against it. No discussion about reviving the line.

Believe me, if there were reports that DC was coming back for a third round in the Minimate arena, it would receive a lot more press than a brief mention.

Being a complete convention novice at SDCC I was enthusiasic & naive enough to report some of the 'off the record' conversations I had with Mr.X & Ms.Y who represented 'Whoever'.

It's a thankless job.

When it comes to toy collecting forums, hearsay can quickly become heresy. ;)