UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Panel Highlights

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave out a special minimate to people who attended the panel - there was no giveaway today but the giveaway will be a white blank with the Diamond logo on one & the other will have the Art Asylum logo

If the mod's allow if I will post pics

MODS I mention the blanks because it is listed in the program for everyone to see - so not exactly a secret

The panel giveaway though that is another story!

Edited by Modefan

They gave out a special minimate to people who attended the panel - there was no giveaway today but the giveaway will be a white blank with the Diamond logo on one & the other will have the Art Asylum logo

Now those sound like some cool blanks! Me wantee!

They also mentioned BSG Vehicles - so those may be coming I think that was missed

I did feel bad for the guys though for some reason different variations of the same question were asked multiple times

specifically the 2.5" marvel question & the dc minimate question... I don't think some of the folks were doing active listening

Edited by Modefan

MODS I mention the blanks because it is listed in the program for everyone to see - so not exactly a secret

The panel giveaway though that is another story!

So the panel giveaway 'mate was different from the upcoming Diamond and AA logo 'mates? Have they been released before? Are the bags specific to NYCC09?

if you were there and they were given out thats a public forum, should be no problem talking about them and showing pics.

I agree; me wantee. Stupid dad; now he's going to force me to complain that i'm a completionist down a minimate.

This is all really great news!! I'm only enjoying Godfather mates because i'm Italian and that'd be awsome. Do we get a chair with at...and a kitty?? ;)

The BSG vehicle thing is interesting. So possibly a glider...and maybebyachancewiththepossibilityof BSG Vipers and Raptors?! It most certainly is the year of the minimate, and it may be the year that the Minimate saved it's BSG license!! :lol:

That GR info is depressing; that was a HOT (literally) minimate. Good to know that IM2 will have minimates, eve wiuth the lack of parts and stupid Don Cheadle. Classic boxsets sounds liek a great idea; another Jeanie to add to my collection. :) The TRU Spidey and Wolvie info is stupid, but the sound of exclusives is interesting. Are our dreams of Silver Fox/Tank-top Logan coming true??

And, by 27 not having a number, do you mean that they have no word on Wave 27 being official yet or that they have too many choices?? Preferably the second, if one of those is a Captain Britain. ;)

This is all great, and now i am SO VERY EXCITED to go on Sunday. Especially looking forward to seeing some Ghostbuster protos/pics and getting hold of the DST/AA mates. Is it possible to get both, are they one-in-the-same, or can we only get one??

While I love the Godfather movies as much as anyone, I could give two farts about minimates for them. Man with no name, yes. Platoon, definitely. Rocky, meh (unless they actually make the Rocky III set). BTTF, ok, I guess. Even the Madonna set was neat and different. The figures that they have done of Brando for the Godfather are Godawful! The likenesses are terrible. I just don't see the point in making them for a film like the Godfather. I'm excited about Ghostbusters, but I think the Godfather mates are a waste of time, tooling, talent and cash. WORD!!

BHM - I need a word for money that starts with 't' to complete my previous alliteration!

"Goatbusters"... good one, BHM :rolleyes:

Wow, I was totally just kidding when I suggested Godfather minimates the other day. Spooky... first I guessed the LE holiday skrull and now this. I wonder... :devil:

(I'm a bit skeptical about the popularity of those too, though I really liked Godfather 2. If DST does push through with these, hopefully they'll make up for it with awesome accessories or something.)

And I really cannot figure out what this

Back with street fighter mates were to be made less sexy as per capcom

means. The syntax is pretty messed up, but if I understand this correctly did Capcom discontinue the SF2 mates because they were too sexy or ARE THEY BRINGING THEM BACK (only less sexy)?

Stupid dead horse.

Oh, and a million thanks to minimateespo and minijeff for the news!

Edited by NorthRaider

They are different yes

I can't say much though because I don't know if it would cause any issues for the site or if it would be frowned upon by DST

Unless someone from DST specifically asked people who attended the panel not to release info on the exclusives, I don't see a problem with sharing the info.

i know things don't make sense here, so i'll clarify what i was trying to say

This was emailed to me from Minimateespos phone as he left the minimate panel

Marvel toy biz is y they are 2inches - toy biz made aa make the minimates no bigger than 2 inches so they wouldn't compete with toy biz's toy

Iron man 2 won't have as many parts - if and when its made, obviously

Back with street fighter mates were to be made less sexy as per capcom - this was just a comment about how the designs Rob made were altered to to them being perceived as to sexy, street fighter is STILL dead

DC wanted 2.5 digger didn't want that mates are mates no scale - basically dc just wanted variety and scale to the characters, but it went against the idea of minimates, uniformity; digger always wanted them to be 2 inches and thats it

More classics boxsets marvel - just wait and see

Glider may be a possibity, maybe no yes or no answer - marvel may be getting looser with the vehicle resisting on the glider, but thats about it, so no hell cycle as its too expensive

Wave 27 doesn't tech have a number yet - its coming out this year, it just hasn't officially been numbered yet

Godfather mates, waves and boxsets def announced as toy fair hush hush

apparently - it will be like the t2 stuff waves of 7 and then some exclusive stuff

Minimateespo25 via Minijeff

They also mentioned BSG Vehicles - so those may be coming I think that was missed

I did feel bad for the guys though for some reason different variations of the same question were asked multiple times

specifically the 2.5" marvel question & the dc minimate question... I don't think some of the folks were doing active listening

Whoa, hold-up;now I'm interested! They, as in the panel-hosts (not just fan-boys), mentioned BSG vehicles?!? Which would seem to indicate (if correct) that BSG is not dead? That's quite important (to me at least) and reassuring if sincere.

All I've really gleaned from this other info. A)Ghostbusters (will be cool, though ghosts could prove challenging) B)Godfather (*crickets* though my Punisher would enjoy beating the crap out of them!) and C)a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant at this point or we already concluded.

DUDE! BSG ISN'T DEAD!

But neither is Star Trek according to what he said. It isn't dead, but it is "on hold indefinitely," so. . .is that really news? Isn't this the typical canned response used in the Q&As? The vehicle thing seems really strange, given that BSG seemed dead in a de facto sense, up until this glimmer of hope.

Edited by karamazov80