UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Any truth in what I'm reading about the ghost in this movie ? Apparently it's made of green ectoplasm & lives on the 11th Floor of the Sedgewick Hotel ......remind you of anyone?

This guy however eats very little & terrorises anybody with a modest amount of excess body- fat .......goes by the name of...

Slimmer

Please tell me that's your terrible joke, and not the movie's...

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Glantern and that's why this movie and it's products will not get any of my money. It's just another unnecessary, unoriginal redo from Hollywood like Robocop, Total Recall, Conan, Nightmare on Elm St, Longest Yard, Point Break, etc, etc, etc.

How do you know it’s not one of Unnecessary, ORIGINAL redos from Hollywood like The Lord of the Rings, The Thing, Scarface, the Fly, 21 Jump Street, the Evil Dead 2 (it IS just Evil Dead one slightly retold), Ocean’s Eleven, Little Shop of Horrors, all of Disney’s animated movies based on classic fairytales, The Omega Man (Not the “I am Legend” remake but the classic Charleston Heston version which is a remake of “The Last Man on Earth”, Vincent Price not Will Forte version, and also based on a book.), the classic Universal Monsters (both in that they’re from books and that Nosferatu predates Dracula and is the better, more accurate telling of the story.), The Andy Circus Planet of the Apes, Nickelodeon’s Ninja Turtles, and Netflix’s Daredevil.

Hollywood does make A LOT of sh*t reboots/remakes, but don’t blame that on the concept of ‘redoing' they also make A LOT of completely original sh*t films too.

When you take a film that was the solo product of an amazing director or made up of just the perfect cast or in the case of the original Ghostbusters, both. You can’t just hand the project to some a**hole who’s only every directed music videos and assign five random d-bags the same characters from the original and expect magic to happen twice. Any NEEDS to be a director’s vision, it NEEDS that perfect cast it’s why the ones I listed are classics in their their own right while the ones you listed are crap.

I think this new Ghostbusters has a good chance of being good, it will NEVER be the original Ghostbusters, it will never mean what the original did to society, culture, comedy, the world, etc. but that doesn’t mean it’s existence isn’t without merit. It DOES have a really good direct, it DOES have a really strong cast, it ISN’T four d-bags playing Peter, Ray, Winston, and Egon... it’s different.

It could be really bad too, but I can guarantee the Ghostbusters 3 everyone thought they wanted with the original four would have been just as bad. There is only ONE Ghostbusters if you demand any new Ghostbusters capture the magic of the original, this new movie can’t destroy the original anymore then the lackluster Ghostbusters 2 did.

Also, it’s unfair to call Conan an unnecessary redo, sure it’s not as good as his Late Night days, but he’s still real funny wink.png

By the way, what's the official title of this movie? Is it really just Ghostbusters? Or Ghostbusters, Too? GhostbustersXX? GhostBUSTers? What?

It really is just “Ghostbutsters” (IMDb and Wikipedia will list it as “Ghostbusters(2016)” so there’s not confusion)

.. but I really like “Ghosbuters, Too?” as a title. Can the Chris Pratt/Channing Tatum version supposedly in the works use that title!

Edited by dr baghead

• 5 months later...

Target always does this, I use to work there and they always had new product as clearance when it was first coming out and then later figure it out and put everything back to the regular price.

On 7/5/2016 at 3:02 PM, force2099 said:

Target always does this, I use to work there and they always had new product as clearance when it was first coming out and then later figure it out and put everything back to the regular price.

It's all back to the regular price now.

My Quick Review

Silly, Scary, FUN!
Forget the critics, forget any kind of blind nerd rage you might have, and enjoy 2 hours of a good movie.

Does it beat the original? No. But, as a reboot, it's also not trying to be the original. The nods and cameos were awesome, touching, and hilarious. The four main women are NOT cross-gendered versions of the originals, they are their own characters.

And let me say, Patty, Holtzmann, and Kevin STEAL it. All funny and quirky in their own ways.

And stay until the end of the credits (and watch a very fun set of credits in the process).

4 hours ago, Jay Tigran said:

My Quick Review

Silly, Scary, FUN!
Forget the critics, forget any kind of blind nerd rage you might have, and enjoy 2 hours of a good movie.

Does it beat the original? No. But, as a reboot, it's also not trying to be the original. The nods and cameos were awesome, touching, and hilarious. The four main women are NOT cross-gendered versions of the originals, they are their own characters.

And let me say, Patty, Holtzmann, and Kevin STEAL it. All funny and quirky in their own ways.

And stay until the end of the credits (and watch a very fun set of credits in the process).

Completely agree, especially the scary. I found the opening quite creepy.

aaaand they've announced the mysterious ghost as well as the TRU sets

This is the DST sets, all four Ghostbusters, Rowan (when he was cute), Slimer, and Slimette!

13765835_1217331198311135_63687719307737

And then TRU is getting all four busters (doesn't appear to be variants, but as we know from the Predator lines there could be some changes to them), Rowan in his full evil body, and the Stay Puft Parade Balloon

13737701_1217331194977802_57111740709158

Edited by Jay Tigran

57 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Opened at #2. It's earned about $30.6 million worldwide for Sony so far. Without China I think we're looking at a much, much cheaper followup.

It earned around $44 million in the US alone over the weekend I thought 

I was just referring to what Sony takes after the theaters get their share, which is typically 50% of domestic box office and 40% of foreign. They'd only have gotten 25% from China but it's the second largest market in the world so it's a pretty big hit for any movie.