UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought GB was pretty much done. The movies were well covered, apart from an Ectomobile which would be a very welcome addition. Are we going to see a bunch of redos here? Ghostbusters 3? Filmation? Is there a Tracy the Gorilla in our future?

Ivan, on 23 Oct 2014 - 21:28, said:

I thought GB was pretty much done. The movies were well covered, apart from an Ectomobile which would be a very welcome addition. Are we going to see a bunch of redos here? Ghostbusters 3? Filmation? Is there a Tracy the Gorilla in our future?

If RGB is still on the table (which I assume it is npthing is off it), I’m gonna throw this idea out into the room:

Kenner Homages?

I think the Fright Features Figures would translate really nicely to minimate form (using an alternate head to allow for the normal and terrified looks) maybe some of the ghost made up for the line (I can’t think of any that would translate though) and if vehicles other than the Ecto-1 aren’t off the table that VW Bug that turns into a Preying Mantis would be pretty sharp, maybe the Ecto-2 as well (any future Ecto-#’s not so much)

Beyond that:

-the eXtreme Ghostbusters, because at this point why not

-Rookie? Mattel made him as figure, do people still care about him?

-IDW Ghostbusters? They made the Battle Beast comic so they’re probably not hard to work with but beyond weird looking cartoon versions of the movie Ghostbusters and a mini-skirted second team of Ghosbuters is there anything there that’s different? (Keeping in mind crossovers don’t make something part of the license so no X-Files or Transformers or whatever)

-Filmation Ghostbusters, DAMMIT, I know it’s a new, different license but I want them!!!

It's probably the IDW GB with maybe redos of the GB2 uniforms, using the new style. TBH, I would like that. Terminator and GB debuted during the time I was just starting to use eBay, cards and all that, so, by the time I had gotten the hang of it, they had skyrocketed in prices.

So yeah, I wouldn't object to any re-dos of Gozer, the main guys,etc. I bought the recent 4-pack and I loved it, so a few more characters to go with it wouldn't hurt (as usual I had a problem with it, this time being that Winston and Peter's left arm sockets weren't compatible with the pegs. I tried applying some dry glue and it worked a bit, but the movement still isn't as good as on the other ones).

Edited by Kostisfire

Ah, somehow on my laptop I couldn't tell he was displayed on the level below. I thought this was a Minimate having a stare down with the Alien!

There isn't much ground to cover with the original GB films, except of course, Janine from Ghostbusters 1 and it's pretty mind-boggling we haven't had one made considering how many variants and obscure characters like the Mayor that we got. We could also use a non-BD Tully with a better face, and preferably in his jumpsuit. Ghostbusters in their long johns? I'll say that I was a bit disappointed with the new Ghostbusters 4 pack on some level, and think there is still room for improvement in the color scheme. Minimates scaled fire house? Venkman's lab? Rooftop scene with Gozer? Lots of diorama possibilities though that isn't really DST's thing obviously.

Edited by karamazov80

Lots of stuff being discussed. Re-dos, new characters, etc. Not Filmation, of course.

I thought the four-pack was perfect, and I don't know that we'll revisit the Movie 1 GB. After releasing grey and tan costume variations, with removable and non-removable backpacks, I think we're happy with what we've done. But still plenty of GB1, GB2 and animated stuff to do or possibly revisit.

There isn't much ground to cover with the original GB films, except of course, Janine from Ghostbusters 1 and it's pretty mind-boggling we haven't had one made considering how many variants and obscure characters like the Mayor that we got. We could also use a non-BD Tully with a better face, and preferably in his jumpsuit.

These two please, especially Janine. Just saw this on the big screen a little while back, when they did the theatrical re-release, and it reminded me how funny they both are in the few scenes they get.