UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayor, another Slimer and Venkman re-tread, Janosz? Man, they're really stretching the line thin at this point. Still. . .I've got to have them! :D Statue of Liberty is particularly cool.

Can't believe we still done have a Ghostbusters 1 Janine.

Since they've created the mold for the slime blower, I guess we can expect even more releases down the pipe!

--edit: I also see a limit of 3 sets per order. I guess BBTS is going to have to use several usernames to get their fill--

Edited by karamazov80

Crap, a wave I actually want but might never get my hands on. :(

I just watched Ghostbusters 2 again the other day. It was about time we got Janosz, and the Theater Ghost/Slime Pack Ray looks too cool for words. And Lady Liberty?! Public Domain Bad-ass Hilarity!!!

YOUR LOVE KEEPS LIFTING ME HIIIIIIIIIGHEEEEEEEEEEEER

P.S. Theater Ghost is using Salaak's multi-armed torso piece!!!

I just can't wait for my out-of-scale Sentinels to start hitting on the out-of-scale Statue of Liberty.

My only real complaint with this wave is Slimer-do we really need another one? Maybe it's different than the other GB2 version, but I don't see much.

--edit: I also see a limit of 3 sets per order. I guess BBTS is going to have to use several usernames to get their fill--

Please feel free to use my address ;) Actually.....I realise that limit is indirectly but ultimately bad news for me :(

Peter Venkman is virtually unobtainable (currently) on ebay & is a reflection that somebody somewhere is actually thinking.

Interesting mix of the lazy re-issue (Slimer? Again?) to the new & creative (the Theater Ghost is impressive) to the downright odd choices. The Statue of Liberty? Really?

And that Mayor figure will be the base for hundreds of J. Jonah Jameson customs in the future.

I just can't wait for my out-of-scale Sentinels to start hitting on the out-of-scale Statue of Liberty.

Don't forget their epic no-holds-barred slugfest with the out-of-scale Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

And that Mayor figure will be the base for hundreds of J. Jonah Jameson customs in the future.

Already have two of that set ordered for just such reasons. You have to give DST credit that sometimes they can at least make a plain character interesting by giving it cool new parts (I'd like to think that explains why there were any sales of The Spirit movie sets also).

Already have two of that set ordered for just such reasons. You have to give DST credit that sometimes they can at least make a plain character interesting by giving it cool new parts (I'd like to think that explains why there were any sales of The Spirit movie sets also).

The amount of part-recycling that DST is doing lately has been impressing me lately, like re-using the Moon Knight cape & hood for Betsy Braddock. Look at the new Theater Ghost - it's using parts from Salaak, the Human Torch & the movie Sandman, and it all works together well. It really makes me think that when they're making new parts these days, they're also thinking about how those parts can be re-used in the future.

And I will eat Ady's hat if there's not plans in Diamond's office for a JJJ Minimate with that vest piece.

im super excited for the slime blower ray and ghost and the mayer, I think we should have got a diffrent ghost other then slimer but three out of four isnt bad,seeing these after what we saw at the toy show this is a good suprise,all i wanted from the lab coat versions of the guys was all the cool gadgets,now that the slime blower has been molded i agree we will see more fore sure.

Peter Venkman is virtually unobtainable (currently) on ebay & is a reflection that somebody somewhere is actually thinking.

A regular Venkman (GB1) is hard to find --I eventually found box 1 for $20 online. I don't feel I need another Venkmen variant at this time. I was going to try and get GB2 suits, but I have given that idea up (too costly).

However, this set is interesting news! Altho, I'm running out of space and money for these guys lol. The statue of liberty is a great concept, and Janosz is a must. I haven't made up my mind about the others tho, Ray with his little squirt gun--perhaps to go with liberty? I would have rather had the judge than the mayor i think...the ghosts while cool, I don't recall them at all.

At least this doesn't come out until July to give the wallet a break lol, I don't feel so bad about spending another $30 if its a few months later and I can give the minimate buying spree a break for a while. Are these a must-buy for you guys or what?

I just poked around on YouTube and, while forgettable, these ghosts were in the movies.

The Subway ghost is from GB1, during the ghosts escaping from the containment grid montage. Louis/Key Master walks by a subway, only to have the ghost pop up.

The Theater ghost is from GB2, during the slime montage. A mob of people rushes out of a movie theater, only to be chased out by the ghost.

At this point, we're only missing I'd say three notable ghosts, then the well is officially tapped. There's the ghost who removes Ray's pants in the first movie, the fur coat ghost from the slime montage in the second movie, and Janosz in his ghost form. Of the three, Janosz is the only one I'd say is "necessary".

They probably could have packaged ghost Janosz with his regular version and put Lady Liberty with Peter and we'd have had a solid assortment.

At this point, we're only missing I'd say three notable ghosts, then the well is officially tapped. There's the ghost who removes Ray's pants in the first movie, the fur coat ghost from the slime montage in the second movie, and Janosz in his ghost form. Of the three, Janosz is the only one I'd say is "necessary".

Personally I wouldn't mind getting a 'mate of the Nanny Ghost that takes Baby Oscar from Dana in GB2 as well, baby carriage and all. :P

my hat is off to you guys, for picking this up before us (over at gbfans.com) but we've had the 6" Walter Peck figure with Containment Unit accessory on our minds lately :) these all look great, Im particularly excited about the ghost that comes with the mayor and GB2 slime tank Ray - and I never gor the GB2 Venkman w/ shades so I'll be buying all these!

I'm so excited for these!!

Pleased about the new Venkman as I know a lot of people didn't get to grab the GB2 Venkman SDCC exclusive but I hope they don't ram Venkmans down our throats. The World of the Psychic Peter was a step too far!

GB's should not come without Proton Packs unless they come with a crapload of accessories. For example, I would like to see the hard hat guys from the digging up the road scene, but only if they come with plenty of equipment....and maybe even a toaster :D

Also, I would love to see a containment unit for the minis similar to the one packaged with the 6" Walter Peck.

And now we've got one slime cannon a Winston should follow.

Wow! What a nice mix of must-haves and kinda-cools. Definitely love the Janosz, Statue of Liberty and Slime Blower Ray! I'll never complain about more ghosts for this line and the Venkman is different enough that I don't mind buying it. Also looks like it'll be easy to make a Slime Blower Winston. Looks like I'll be buying at least two of the Mayor and Ray packs. I suppose that means they'll be the two-per-case packs unless they decide to do them even (yeah, right).

Only a month away according to the ship date. I hope they hit stores around the same time.

While I felt Wave 3 would have made a nice close to the line, I wouldn't say no to wave 4 :D. 'course this means I'll have to hit eBay unless any US based memebrs can help a Brit grab all four ;).

I'm wondering if we'll ever see any more from the GB game. Since playing it I've always semi-hoped for the Rookie and while I'm not far into it, I know there are a few more ghosts they could make.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting a 'mate of the Nanny Ghost that takes Baby Oscar from Dana in GB2 as well, baby carriage and all. :P

I do believe that is Ghost Janosz.

This wave only has one skip for me: The Mayor. The others I think I'm gonna have to go for. I could care less about Janosz but the Statue is TOO cool. I want the GB2 uniforms so I get the other two. Plus the Slime Ghost is kinda nifty.

Anyone notice he has Sinestro's head?

The Slimer with Venky is going to have to go. However his flight stand I will take.