UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but what i really want is an ecto-1 in minimates scale.

I got the Polar Lights Ecto set off eBay a while back, it's the GB2 version. I haven't assembled it yet, but the scale of it is perfect for the minis.

Only problem is the doors don't open, which I'm going to work on hopefully without ruining the kit. Unfortunately it's been years since I've put together a model and so I'm really putting it off. Gonna wire it up for lights too, so need to get them.

Rest assured, when I have completed it I will post pictures on here. So expect pics in about 2012.... :biggrin:

Strangely, I've seen wave 3 clogging the pegs at my TRU the last couple times I went! Still no Marvel figures, though :angry:

I'm trying to compile some prices for the Minimate Price Guide & this is proving quite a task. The latest wave doesn't seem to be reaching the heady heights of the earlier waves which still seem to be selling for well above their original TRU prices. The exclusives & box-sets are all over the place & I saw the SDCC set go for less than $2 in one ebay auction & over $24 in another!!

So please can you guys help? Which sets were shortpacked (if at all) in the various TRU Waves,which do you consider the most desirable ,which isn't? The only 'constant' appears to be the Previews 2 pack which rarely sells for more than $7 !

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you that in wave 3, the Scolari Brothers sets were 2 per case, whereas the Vigo and Titanic Captain packs were 4 per case. In wave 1, I believe that the Slimer/Slimed Peter and GB2 Winston/Demon Dog packs were 3 per case, whereas the others were 2 per case (of course, Peter/Slimer and Egon/Library Ghost were re-issued). For wave 2, I want to say that the Slimer and Staypuft sets (both of which were reissued in the "Best Of" wave) were 3 per case, whereas the rest were 2 per case, but I'm least sure about this one, because I don't think I ever saw a fresh case. . .

As for desirability, the more popular ones were re-released for the most part, but I would suspect that Gooey Ray/Stay Puft will stay high since it wasn't, and the forthcoming box set will make Ray more popular. I would also guess that the GB2 suits would be more popular, but as you say, the SDCC pack sales dispute that. Scolari Brothers were short-packed, but the wave itself hasn't been very popular apparently. So who knows?

Edited by karamazov80

I am so late getting in on this, I've been away from Minimates for nearly a year--but now I'm back! trying not to get too crazy with it, but these Ghostbusters are awesome, really well done. I've been lookin too for an in scale Ecto-1 but haven't found anything too great. However, from my childhood I own one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Checker-Taxi-1-43-Diec...=item2a05b572aa

So they look good on the shelf standing next to that, altho I guess it should be a tiny bit larger to be in scale. If there was an ecto-1 in 1/43 I would be happy enough tho..

This next question, I know belongs in the flea market, but since this is all ghostbuster stuff--does anyone have any idea on where to find Box set 1. Ebay has 1 set for over $40 after shipping...boo is it really THAT rare?? Anyways, thanks guys

Wow, the price of that one sure is sneaking up! I'm a bit surprised, because it seems to have been released in such large quantities, but then again, this is Ghostbusters :)

Type "Ghostbusters Minimates box 1" in google, click "Shopping" and you can find a few sellers I'm not familiar with still offering them up for reasonable prices.

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks for the help! I ended up going with treasureseekersgifts.com which supposedly still has it in stock. I never heard of them so I guess this is taking a bit of a chance...here's to hoping my credit card doesn't get jacked!

I managed to find the rest of Wave 3 today. If only I could find the missing parts of wave 2 and wave 1. I wasn't initially gonna get involved in the variants, but once I popped em open I was drawn in. At least the variants actually are seen in the movies and everything kind of pieces together nicely on a per-scene basis. Altho funny in the movie, world of psychic peter...i thought that was a bit of a stretch.

If you say so, I surely believe it, as I suspect you have done more investigating into the quantity of cases than just about anybody else. However, it seemed like lots of websites had this one (even those that wouldn't typically carry many Minimates), and they seemed to each have huge supplies. Many of us have an idea for how popular the Ghostbusters line has been, so if these were released in low quantities, I am surprised that they remained in stock as long as they did!

4,000 is a fair amount of box sets, though, given that some of the "SDCC/AFX" exclusives have numbered 2-3 thousand packs. I would suspect that the 1st box set would approach those numbers of the 2nd set, no?

Edited by karamazov80

Altho funny in the movie, world of psychic peter...i thought that was a bit of a stretch.

Not being much of a fan of the sequel I haven't been buying the GB2 mates, but this was the only one I couldn't resist getting. I guess it's a pretty generic outfit, but the perfect Murray expression and the hairless cat are fantastic!

after the next boxset, i think the line can end.

The line needs so much more before it can die, IMO.

From GB1 we still need Janie, and it would be swell if we got civvy Winston in flannel shirt.

GB2, we need baby oscar in carriage, movie theater ghost, pink slime in bath-tub (i can dream right?), construction worker outfit Ghostbusters, Winston and Ray in yellow raincoats with pink slime, and Janosz

And it would be awesome if we got a containment unit type thing as a pack in, like the Mattel Walter Peck coming out

I think a containment unit would be really cool! I wish I still had my old one from the original Kenner toys. I think I may, someplace in the attic with other old toys from my childhood.

I keep wondering what'll be the status of those civilian Ghostbusters seen at Toyfair, too. More ghosts with 'em? I sure hope so.

Based on the apparent lack of popularity of TRU wave 3, I'm not entirely sure that we'll be seeing those figures.

I think it may be more of a increased production levels of this wave that sees more of them on the pegs still...based on how popular the previous stuff has been I could see DST turning up the numbers a bit....maybe a bit too much if they are lingering though

Jeff of the Miniacs

I think it may be more of a increased production levels of this wave that sees more of them on the pegs still...based on how popular the previous stuff has been I could see DST turning up the numbers a bit....maybe a bit too much if they are lingering though

Jeff of the Miniacs

That would make sense based on what I've seen. Most stores around my area got one case of waves one and two and a couple stores got a restock maybe a month or so later. So far, with wave three, I've seen three cases within two weeks at each of the five stores in my range.

to add to the list---howbout the judge from the courtroom to finish the scene with the scolari bro's, altho I think he can be custom made rather easily using--http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=672, just a thought, he looks kind of similar.

I guess going back to the variant topic, makes you wonder how crazy they will get. Construction worker Peter, Photographer Peter, Date Night Peter, Striaght Jacket Egon...well I hope it doesn't get to that lol

people seem pretty keen on a GB1 Janine... i'm not too fussed about that, but why not.

Janosz is a must! If they made a ghost nanny version as well... that'd bring a tear to my eye! (in a good way this time... that bit used to make me cry when i were a little'un).

Judge Wexler? perhaps... the Mayor? also perhaps