UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

It really is just the 3. Sure Winston came along in the later part of the first movie but even in the second he is used as set dressing. You could edit him out and it would not really change the movie. Sorry Ernie Hudson.

Not sure what movie you guys were watching, but Winston was the star of the movie. Here, check out the trailer:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/07/ernie_...ghostbuster.php

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still waiting for the Ghostbuster Minimates in Central Illinois (Bloomington/Normal). I travelled to visit my cousin in Evansville, IN and went into their Toys r Us and they thought I was off my rocker when I asked if they had received the Ghostbuster minimates yet. I was told "Well, if we have them they would be with the rest of those in that isle." Well, the isle I was refereed to is where the Terminatior and BSG minimates were found. But not any Ghostbusters and then the Marvel minimates were with the Marvel figures and still no Ghostbusters there.

I'm about fourty minutes away from Bloomington. I have the same exact turnout at the Rockford TRU. They have the new BSG and Marvel mates but no Ghostbusters.

If any of you are in Central Illinois and know where to fing them, please let me know.

We'll probably get them in around the same time but if Rockford gets 'em first, I'll let you know. ;)

I am still waiting for the Ghostbuster Minimates in Central Illinois (Bloomington/Normal). I travelled to visit my cousin in Evansville, IN and went into their Toys r Us and they thought I was off my rocker when I asked if they had received the Ghostbuster minimates yet. I was told "Well, if we have them they would be with the rest of those in that isle." Well, the isle I was refereed to is where the Terminatior and BSG minimates were found. But not any Ghostbusters and then the Marvel minimates were with the Marvel figures and still no Ghostbusters there.

I'm about fourty minutes away from Bloomington. I have the same exact turnout at the Rockford TRU. They have the new BSG and Marvel mates but no Ghostbusters.

If any of you are in Central Illinois and know where to fing them, please let me know.

We'll probably get them in around the same time but if Rockford gets 'em first, I'll let you know. ;)

That would be great of you. I even asked the only Comic Store in Evansville, IN about them and she knows they placed an order for the boxed set and for any Ghostbusters minimate stuff they could get but have not seen anything yet. I am on her hold list as my cousin could go get them for me but damnit, we should have them here by now. ACME Comics no longer does anything with minimates since getting stuck with a lot of them and no able to get rid of them. I may get a deal on some so I can get heavy into customizing them for my personal collection of Star Trek characters.

I'll echo that there's nothing in Indiana yet. I was just at a TRU in Indianapolis a few hours ago and still no Ghostbusters. I called Lafayette this weekend and they said the same thing. They'd been getting new stuff pretty frequent, but then hit a slump around recently.

So, not going to the show, I preordered the minimate exclusives from AFX. Has anyone else done this in years past? Does my preorder guarantee that I'll get a set shipped to me after the show? This is my first time doing this, as usually the minimate exclusives are few.

I've preordered SDCC sets from AFX in the past and never had trouble getting anything from them. I would say if you've already placed the preorder you should be fine

I found the TRU Ghostbusters at Ft Smith yesterday, and did my little happy dance. BTW, this is one of the worst TRUs I've seen. The GB minimates were in the midldle of the Transformers section (literally in the middle). Galactica was in the middle of the Star Wars section. Terminiator was with Terminator and Marvel. And the worst thing was that they just had merchandise stacked up on the floor. It was like a flea market.

Anywho, once I got home, I promptly took them apart. I love that you can deconstruct the ghosts basically down to translucent blanks. For some reason, I like the Washington Square ghost the best so far.

My friend spoke to a TRU representative today and he was informed that our TRU would not be stocking the GBs until SEPTEMBER! I can't believe that. Hopefully this is just the case of TRU employees knowing less than their customers.

I brought a Venom/Armored Spidey up to the front desk a few days ago and asked "Do you have anymore in stock?" assuming she could scan it or something to look up the SKU but the lady working the customer service desk typed "Marvel Minimates" into the system and said "Sorry, only 4 of them on the floor", well I went to put the set back and they had Four Wolverine Sets, and 6 Wave 2 sets so she clearly looked up the wrong SKU...

Anyway to get to the damned point: Don't GB1 and GB2 have different SKU? They probably looked up "Ghostbusters" and clicked their system's link for Series 2, which comes out In September according to TRU.com. So in a way he's right, your TRU will be getting Ghostbusters in September, they'll just be wave 2.

Just a head's up that Gooey Ray and Exploding Stay Puft are back in stock on TRU on-line (seen here). If anything, it might give some hope that they'll get some of wave one back in stock.

...and they're out of stock already.

I think it's safe to say that Ghostbusters is the hottest Minimate property right now.

DST has a new blog post up on their site regarding the "cancelled" Amazon ghosts; they WILL be a SDCC exclusive set, but any leftovers to non-attendees can be ordered by comic shops through Previews!!! :lol: Yesssssssss!!

Some of the best news i've had all day, and i've had A LOT of great news. And yes; all of it was mate-related. :lol: