UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while I cant wait to see pics my wallet laments at the news lol....now it has to fork out for Marvel wave three and the Ghostbusters once they start showing up more readily

as for the shitty packaging that sucks man...I personally would like to give props to people on here that make sure their stuff is packed well....I got a package today from a member here that had a nice Canada Post baggie around it...the purpose of that baggie you ask? to inform me that after the package made it across the border and before it was delivered to me it got the beating of a lifetime and if anything was broken in that process I MIGHT be able to get some reimbursement from them lol....thankfully my good friend packs very well and everything was alright

Jeff of the Miniacs

In case you haven't ordered from TRU on-line before, all smaller products are thrown in a padded envelope with no extra padding or, if you're lucky, in a box with no packing. Out of 6 orders from them in the last few months, 2 have been okay. When I complained and asked them why they pack them like that, the answer I got was that was how the warehouse shipped them and they (customer service) had no contact with them to question their practices. They're great for loose collectors.

Dana not rereleased, as in the tru exclusives having different version of Egon et all? If so, as far as I know, neither is Louis.

It's been said that Louis will be underneath the Terror Dog that is packaged with GB2 Winston. So, Dana is the only one not seen anywhere else (so far).

It's been said that Louis will be underneath the Terror Dog that is packaged with GB2 Winston. So, Dana is the only one not seen anywhere else (so far).

Where has this been said?

Here.

FYI, the Terror Dog in Wave 1 of the TRU batch is the same dog as is included in the box set. You know you need two though…

Don't doubt me next time. :D

What can I say... I am quite annoyed

I'll post some pics later - the terror dog has a black blank figure so it is somewhat different from the 4 pack

I think a "ZING!" is in order.

Dana not rereleased, as in the tru exclusives having different version of Egon et all? If so, as far as I know, neither is Louis.

Where has this been said?

Here.

FYI, the Terror Dog in Wave 1 of the TRU batch is the same dog as is included in the box set. You know you need two though…

Don't doubt me next time. :D

What can I say... I am quite annoyed

I'll post some pics later - the terror dog has a black blank figure so it is somewhat different from the 4 pack

I think a "ZING!" is in order.

save that 'zing' for a photo finish! :P

In case you haven't ordered from TRU on-line before, all smaller products are thrown in a padded envelope with no extra padding or, if you're lucky, in a box with no packing. Out of 6 orders from them in the last few months, 2 have been okay. When I complained and asked them why they pack them like that, the answer I got was that was how the warehouse shipped them and they (customer service) had no contact with them to question their practices. They're great for loose collectors.

Huh. I sent a couple back for a refund and talked to a customer service person, who told me she would convey my annoyance with the warehouse. I guess someone is lying to one of us. Perhaps both of them are just making things up to get us stupid, gullible customers to shut up.

Hey Groundhog7s and Modefan,

I can also sympathize with you two on receiving poorly shipped Minimates from TRU.com. Recently, I sent an email to TRU.com customer service to complain about the horrible bubble wrap packaging they send them in. I got both and email and voice message response to which I gave them my full explanation and recommendation. Likewise they said they had no control over it, but that they would document a note regarding my concern/complaint. They also apologized and offered an exchange (to which I declined because had I already opened them).

Well, to my amazement the next shipment of minis (5 Battlestar Galactica 2-packs) arrived in a box with padding. They were all in great condition.

However, based on the shipping method documented on my online receipt, I think my GhostBuster order is coming the old way again (in bubble wrap). Arghhh!!! I can already imagine the damage.

Anyways, in short, I think we should definitely complain if an order arrives in a poor condition. Strength in numbers I say. They are making us pay good money for shipping. They can at least use a box and some decent padding.

I plan on taking some photos of the next damaged order and sending it to their customer service department to let them know once again that this is unacceptable.

Sorry for the rant.

:angry:

Edited by HelloMate

I received 3 packages from them today - 2 of them were bubble envelopes and those were in perfect condition

The one in the box looked like it had been run over by a truck????

I don't really get it but whatever - Now I had to find some more winstons and terror dogs in better condition :(

Let's also remember ...

Though TRU should know better than to trust fragile merchandise in bubble-envelopes, a fair part of the blame should fall squarely on UPS (pronounced "Oops"), who are paid to transport and deliver packages with a better standard of care than the gentle touch of a semi-retarded gorilla on PCP.

I got most of my order in today. For some reason, instead of using UPS for all 4 of the packages they sent me, they sent three UPS and the fourth was sent via UPS to a USPS sorting center in Rocky Mount, which will then turn around and ship to me, I assume.

I'm overly not impressed with the TRU handling on this. Bad enough that they sent me my order in 4 separate boxes when they all left the warehouse at the same time, but they can't even send them all to the same place? I, too, had some crumpling on one of the boxes, but it didn't seem to affect the Minimates inside.

Regarding the 'mates themselves, not much to say about the Ghostbusters that hasn't been covered in the box set. Courtroom Peter was a bit of a cop out though, as the straps and stuff that were sculpted onto the jumpsuit piece has been painted onto Pete here. I guess you have to cut your corners where you can. The ghosts look nice. A little disappointing that Slimer's base is the same color as Slimer instead of clear. Stay Puft has fingers.

Due to the fact I don't live in either Japan or the US everything I buy, minimates or kubricks ,has to travel thousands of miles . If I send anything it usually has to travel thousands of miles out of this country to the US or Canada. Anything wrapped & packaged correctly will arrive 99% perfect in the condition it was sent IMO & blaming the postman/carrier ain't really on !

No packaged collectable toy should be sent in anything other than a box & if TRU don't know that then they should hang their bloody heads in shame.

To backup what BHM says, I've had a fair number of packages arrive to my place from UPS and USPS sent from various places, and somehow the TRU boxes are consistently more beat up than others. Of course, if they used some bubble wrap inside their boxes, or knew how to package things without just tossing them in there haphazardly, this might not matter so much.

AFX's boxes also arrive in pretty pathetic condition most of the time (due to their being made out of the weakest box material I've ever seen), but the stuff inside is usually in decent condition, because they package things carefully, use bubble wrap, etc.

The last order I received from TRU was the Imaginext Mr. Freeze. It was in a bubble-wrapped package that was crushed and my postal carrier did an excellent job of cramming it into my postal box so he didn't have to deliver it to my door, crushing it even more (it was crushed inside the package and on the outer edges from being shoved in the box). It wasn't as bad as the last package he crammed in so tight I had to rip the package apart just to get it out of there. I think part of whether or not the post office damages things depends on where you live. Personally, I think TRU and USPS are a lethal combination to MOC collectors everywhere.

I know a lot of people complain that their orders from TRU are actually the incorrect item from the assortment. That is why I was really weary of ordering from them to pre-order these. But, it sounds like everyone is getting what they ordered, just in beat up shape. Which, I am a loose collector 99% of the time, so it's not a *huge* deal to me, it just seems a bit careless and unprofessional to me.

But I guess when they are exclusives, the thought process is "where else can you buy them? Take them how we send them", which is a shame.

Let's also remember ...

Though TRU should know better than to trust fragile merchandise in bubble-envelopes, a fair part of the blame should fall squarely on UPS (pronounced "Oops"), who are paid to transport and deliver packages with a better standard of care than the gentle touch of a semi-retarded gorilla on PCP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem. You sir have made my day.

Let's also remember ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem. You sir have made my day.

I'm tempted to believe that a semi-retarded gorilla on PCP could probably do a better job. :lol:

I am really sorry that your mates got bent in mail and that you in turn are bent out of shape.

BUT COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST SOME PICTURES!

thank you

I'd be happy to oblige, but sadly, I'm a good 7 hours away from my camera at the moment.

Thanks for the link... great rendering of the splatter on Slimed Venkman, and it's neat that the Librarian Ghost comes with an open book accessory.

It is just too heartwarming watching Minimates get embraced by a whole new fandom :) Somebody should probably tell those guys the Terror Dog mate can be remedied by a few minutes in the freezer :yes:

Just got my box set in the mail - I'm glad that the Toys R Us ones are doubles because I can be more picky about paint, but more than anything else, I'm really happy that I finally have Ghostbusters toys. A long time coming. Everyone already has pics, but here are some without the top piece that everyone was curious to see:

post-3040-1246989672_thumb.jpg

Also, some ersatz Stripes Toys.

post-3040-1246989706_thumb.jpg

I know, I know, I need to dust, but I'm moving, so screw it.

Edited by ufemizm

Also, does anyone else wish there was a third 4-pack with the busters in their blue suits, and maybe a work-out Dana with TV or maybe Winston in street clothes? Look at all those accessories...

post-3040-1246990299_thumb.jpg

Edited by ufemizm