UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

i'm not sure if i'll be picking these up or not, but at toysrus i had them look them up on the computer there. looks like they hit the warehouse for the southeast, so hopefully in the next week or so they'll start shipping out. they weren't on the manifest for tomorrows truck, so hopefully next week.

I live in the south east about time that it has worked out for me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to get my hands on these. Not sure if my LCS ordered them for me, but I'll wait and see when I go to get Blackest Night on July 15th

Just so that I'm caught up, Dana is the only one not being re-released, right?

miniOkie: The whistles go whoooo-whoooo! :D

I cannot wait to get my hands on these. Not sure if my LCS ordered them for me, but I'll wait and see when I go to get Blackest Night on July 15th

Dana not rereleased, as in the tru exclusives having different version of Egon et all? If so, as far as I know, neither is Louis.

Dana not rereleased, as in the tru exclusives having different version of Egon et all? If so, as far as I know, neither is Louis.

It seems that buying all the different configurations will get you a second set of "standard" Ghostbusters but otherwise there are no duplicates. There are plenty of alternate versions of the same characters but the tan GBI uniform versions of the 4 main characters are the only ones that seem to be full-on recycles, though they could easily tweak them and make them a little different.

Either way I'm cool with a duplicate set. Even if they are identical I may just take the spare set to work and put them on my desk. You could probably make a small profit on selling the group together too since some people won't want to buy 8 figures in 2 4-packs when they just want these 4 figures. Obviously you would most likely get a price between one and two 4-packs but you never know, you might get someone with an itchy bidding figure spending an unreasonable amount.

But yeah, ultimately you have to buy it all to get it all. There's no way to avoid the duplicates without avoiding unique figures as well.

Also: I was just checking my TRU order status and some of you better thank me for this:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531473

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531474

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531478

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531484

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531489

A word of warning: you can't find these product pages by doing a search, they're only linked if you're like me and you have them in your order history so any time you find hidden product pages or otherwise manipulate a store's site to order something that is otherwise unavailable you obviously need to prepare yourself for the possibility that what you're ordering isn't truly available but I know a lot of you missed out on these.

It's been said that Louis will be underneath the Terror Dog that is packaged with GB2 Winston. So, Dana is the only one not seen anywhere else (so far).

It's been said that Louis will be underneath the Terror Dog that is packaged with GB2 Winston. So, Dana is the only one not seen anywhere else (so far).

Where has this been said?

Gozer isn't available outside of the second 4-pack and neither is that particular Stay-Puft. All the Stay-Puft figures are slightly different: the 4-pack is white with an angry face and the 2 in the TRU 2-packs are red with an angry face and white with a happy face. The SDCC 2-pack version of Stay-Puft is similar to the 4-pack version (white/angry) but is glow-in-the-dark.

The 3 Slimer figures have similar variants: opaque, translucent and GITD.

But yeah, back on the subject of the TRU 2-pack Terror Dog: the 4-pack lists the character as Louis Tully and the 2-pack lists the character as Terror Dog. This seems to support the idea that the figures are different and I can't find a shred of evidence that suggests that it's the Louis version.

Edited by GuruAskew

Also: I was just checking my TRU order status and some of you better thank me for this:

Thanks, although these are now showing if you search for them. I was going to order them last night from your links, but didn't. Now the Ray/Stay Puft is out of stock already. :( That's what I get for going to sleep instead of buying Minimates.

got the four pack today, had a black body all set up and waiting for my terror dog at home. haha I was playing with them at work, and my boss randomly came in the store from out of nowhere and just says "...you guys must be dead today." then grabs what he came for and left. :lol:

most hilariously awkward moment ever

Edited by killcharlesdead

Here.

FYI, the Terror Dog in Wave 1 of the TRU batch is the same dog as is included in the box set. You know you need two though…

Don't doubt me next time. :D

Here.

FYI, the Terror Dog in Wave 1 of the TRU batch is the same dog as is included in the box set. You know you need two though�

Don't doubt me next time. :D

You'll notice that DSTMatt said that the dog is the same but says nothing about Louis being included underneath.

Actually I know you noticed that because you asked him the same thing below and he never answered you.

So again, the dog itself may be identical (and I don't think that was ever doubted in the first place) but nobody knows if the Louis parts are included in the 2-pack either, and again, there's no evidence to suggest that they are. If that's the case then Louis is another figure only available in the 4-pack like Dana, Gozer and that Stay-Puft variant.

Ultimately I don't mind if the dog itself is a duplicate because it will allow us to display Louis and still have two dogs since there's the "energized" one in the second TRU wave.

I am having a very difficult time deciding if I should order the two sets that are available from TRU.com or just wait it out and see if they show up at the store. . . . . . .oh man what to do what to do! I saw them on the website and was so happy until I found out only the Winston and Slimed Ray sets are available. I don't really want to pay shipping if I can't get all of them.

"They's just decoration... them whistles is just decoration. Tha's all an' tha's it..."

I am having a very difficult time deciding if I should order the two sets that are available from TRU.com or just wait it out and see if they show up at the store. . . . . . .oh man what to do what to do! I saw them on the website and was so happy until I found out only the Winston and Slimed Ray sets are available. I don't really want to pay shipping if I can't get all of them.

i did not order the sets on line. and i am reasonably sure i will get them in the store. now bare in mind i work 5 minutes away from TRu and can pass it on the way to and from work, so i can check it everyday until they come out. now sure some night is lay waking thinking if they will all be sold out or if i will miss them. but then i wake up and go to tru. i breath a sigh of relief when i don't see them and a scream of impatiences because they have not come out yet!

Edited by maxcarnage

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp...ategoryID%3D500

The second Ghostbusters Minimates release, this all-star box set features the rest of the Ghostbusters team plus two of the most dangerous paranormal beings you'll ever meet! Complete with removable Minimate proton packs, neutrino wands and ghost traps, this set includes Dr. Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, the all-powerful Gozer and the infamous Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man!

Looks like the TRU wave 2 Ray is the only way to get the ecto-goggles.

Looks like the TRU wave 2 Ray is the only way to get the ecto-goggles.

Did we see "in-package" shots of these yet? Even though they don't specifically say it, I would bet on getting the goggles with this 4-pack.

The TRU I hit had these in stock, but sold out of them already. :(

WHAT! are you sure? they may have just put the signs/price up getting ready for the shipment

That's what the CSM said. Called another TRU to see if they had them and the new Marvel wave in. They were "sold out" too. hmmmmmm. <_< Don't know what to think, these are shipping from the website, sooooo...... :huh:

The TRU I hit had these in stock, but sold out of them already. :(

WHAT! are you sure? they may have just put the signs/price up getting ready for the shipment

That's what the CSM said. Called another TRU to see if they had them and the new Marvel wave in. They were "sold out" too. hmmmmmm. <_< Don't know what to think, these are shipping from the website, sooooo...... :huh:

Don't worry about that; i think that "Sold Out" IS in fact what appears on the computer moniters there, but is truly supposed to be just "Not In Stock." I had this happen when i called about Marvel Wave 3 and BSG Wave 1, when both of which actually came in-stock 2 weeks later, neither having a price-tag on the shelf before that (well, Mavrel technically did, i guess...). If anything it's a good sign for you to get some money set aside.