UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care how fat Melissa McCarthy is or isn't. Chris Farley was a whale. But, Chris Farley? He was funny. Melissa McCarthy makes my teeth hurt.

Thank you.

(Off topic - I can't wait for that Farley documentary to come out in a few weeks and to cry manly tears.)

I don't care how fat Melissa McCarthy is or isn't. Chris Farley was a whale. But, Chris Farley? He was funny. Melissa McCarthy makes my teeth hurt.

I hate it when I laugh so hard that my teeth hurt.

I hate it when I laugh so hard that my teeth hurt.
I agree! People may not like her but why all the fat shaming? How many of us that post on this site have model-perfect bodies? Geez! Edited by Padrino

People may not like her but why all the fat shaming?

I lost interest in Mike & Molly after it became obvious the show was never going to stop relying on fat jokes. McCarthy's built her career on fat-shaming herself and her co-star so I'm not sure why anyone else would feel the least bit guilty about pointing out the elephant in the room.

Personally I think she's funny and overall I'm curious to see what this cast does with this VERY FAMILIAR LOOKING movie.

I have no problem with her weight at all. (And where's the fat-shaming? Maybe I just skimmed posts, because I didn't see anyone here doing that.)

I don't like her acting. It's entirely possible it's the writers/directors' faults and that she just needs better material, but she's never made me laugh.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a movie or show she was in. But if, say, she fell off of a bench, or a bicycle, or down some stairs, I imagine I would laugh at that.

Well, a lot of what she does is just fall over stuff and be loud and obnoxious. It does nothing for me. Kevin James is fat and clumsy, too, and I'm not a fan of his, either. Chris Farley, OTOH, was awesome. And I like Aidy Bryant on SNL, and she's fat. While Rebel Wilson is just too much. There's more to Melissa McCarthy than just being fat! If you are not a fan of hers, it doesn't mean you hate any and all heavyset folks, despite what some uber PC folks will tell you on the Internet.

I like Kate McKinnon a lot. Kristen Wiig is sometimes good, sometimes annoying. Leslie Jones is just big and loud and mean. They could have done a lot better with the casting. And avoiding Melissa McCarthy would have been rule number 1 for me.

Any truth in what I'm reading about the ghost in this movie ? Apparently it's made of green ectoplasm & lives on the 11th Floor of the Sedgewick Hotel ......remind you of anyone?

This guy however eats very little & terrorises anybody with a modest amount of excess body- fat .......goes by the name of...

Slimmer

Edited by buttheadsmate

I can't wait for this movie. Melissa McCarthy is hilarious in Bridesmaids, by the same director, and doesn't fall over at all, as far as I can remember. I don't think she fell over in The Heat, either, but maybe. (I have not seen Spy, but I hear good things.)

Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon are pretty much always funny.

Hope we make something for it!