UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to assume this means there will be at least one more set with Ray, Winston, Dana and, just for fun, Walter Peck, the Man With no Dick.

You know, the actor had a hard time living that one down. He was walking around in Hollywood one day and some kids on a tour bus yelled "Yo Dickless" at him form out the window.

I honestly think he'd be a fun minimate to have characters beat up on.

You know, the actor had a hard time living that one down. He was walking around in Hollywood one day and some kids on a tour bus yelled "Yo Dickless" at him form out the window.

I honestly think he'd be a fun minimate to have characters beat up on.

That guy went on to play the exact same character in the first 2 Die Hards. I guess he was typecast, but hey, we all remember him! That's more than a lot of actors can say. He was damn good at playing that role.

--edit: I need this: post-1827-1234032899_thumb.jpg

Seriously. I know some of you guys know how to get these posters, and if you tell me how to get this one, I will be your best friend :)

Edited by karamazov80

So I finally got round to watching Ghsotbusters forthe first time yesterday (bad I know),and I loved it and now I am very excited for these mates. Bring them on!

These will be the first set of minimates that I'll pre-order doubles of. :D First Back to the Future and now Ghostbusters! Two of my favorite childhood movies in the same toy format! Score!

These are gonna sell like hotcakes, especially with the multimedia push Sony is doing for the 25th anniversary.

I can't see these not selling well. I'd be shocked if we didn't at least see a second set and I'm glad these aren't in waves of 2-packs.

I just want to know how I'm going to find a Minimate sized beer and stocking cap for Luis.

yea he really does belong in the great white north eh?

Jeff of the Miniacs

My guess for Louis Tully's "Vinz Clortho" dog attachments will look similar to BSG Muffit minimate. He'll probably have a slip-over mask (or a completely seperate head), chest piece, crotch piece, feet and hand attachments. I just hope he has that wickedly crazy possesed hair-do accessory as Louis.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Rick Moranis... minimate... "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" boxset? :P

(Yeah, I know that'd make for a pretty boring-looking set but at least they'd fit the whole central premise of the movie to a T! God, I love minimates :thumbsup:)

Back on topic: Interesting blog. Yeah, I can really see DST going the Muffit route as far as Tully's demon-dog transformation is concerned. I really hope DST at least planned a good two-pack exclusive to go with this boxset. And my gut feeling tells me it might have Slimer in it.

Edited by NorthRaider

was it really that bad

Yes. Though in fairness, it is damn hard to evaluate this movie on its own merits, because it will always be compared to the first Ghostbusters. Still, as a kid I hated it and thought it sucked, and as an adult, I feel the same way.

As for the goo shooters, I wouldn't care anything about them, but since we already have the sculpt that was used for Chef Duff, it seems like a no-brainer that we get them.

http://img.sharedmp3.net/files/pics/307/306102/img_1_pr.jpg

This is gona make me the odd man out, but I never saw GB1. Only the second one. I thought it was a bit hokey, but not as bad as everyone seems to think.

This is gona make me the odd man out, but I never saw GB1. Only the second one. I thought it was a bit hokey, but not as bad as everyone seems to think.

Then you are the only one here probably qualified to give GB2 a fair shake. Of course, if you saw the first one, I suspect your opinion on the second would quickly change.

I can totally relate. I used to think 'Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo' was pretty cool, but then I saw the original and it made me rethink my opinion on the sequel.

Only if DST wants to destroy all previous records for best selling toys will they release Breakin Minimates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNe58u5ub_c...feature=related

The 80s rock! :buttrock: