UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Just saw it, but let me just say, when that person said that thing during the end credits, (trying not to spoil) I almost yelled "HOLY SHIT!" in the middle of the theater

Edited by Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the trailer came out I was a detractor. I was angry, bitter, and sad that Ghostbusters has devolved into what that showed.

I've seen it twice already and it's my fifth favorite film of 2K16 (out of 22 total movies for perspective's sake).

I can't remember a time I was happier to be wrong. They nailed it. They nailed the performances, they nailed the look, and god did they deliver a story that wasn't so complicated that it overrode the jokes nor was it so simple that it couldn't have a twist and turn or two.

Kate McKinnon is without a doubt the standout winner of Ghostbusters. Equally treading the brilliance of the original's Egon Spengler while also bringing in some serious mania in the vein of Colin Clive's mad scientist scenes in Frankenstein, she owned every single scene she was in. There was a sense that this character couldn't care less that she was utterly brilliant. She just enjoyed having toys to play with. She enjoyed being recognized by her fellow Ghostbusters, but at the same time she'd still be just as delighted building this equipment alone in her basement.

And Kevin. Holy shit, Kevin. What a guy. Utterly charming and yet the dumbest motherfucker alive. I could watch on repeat that scene where he's trying to grab the phone in the fish tank and giving a baffled "ow" every time his hand hits the glass. It makes me laugh so incredibly hard. 

I want more. I need more. This film needs to be a success because the franchise deserved something like this. If I ever meet Paul Feig or any of these ladies at a convention or on the street, I will personally apologize for not believing in them. I'm more than happy to call these Ghostbusters.

And no, it's not as good as the first. I doubt any Ghostbusters movie ever will be. But dammit, it's still really fucking good.

1 hour ago, Nervous Rex said:

I apologize if it has been discussed, but is this movie suitable for a newly turned 7 year old?

Ooo that's rough. What would you say is the most hardcore thing you've let them watch?

hmmm, thats a tough one, I'd say the stuff with the most in your face was the newest goosebumps movie. he likes that five nights at freddies too, lol. I'm undecided if i even want him to see it yet, we usually steer clear of scary stuff. 

Thanks for any input.

we haven't actually seen accessories or package shots yet, so don't count them out yet

and, if you have them, you could always use the Chinese Food accessories from Big Bang Theory Box Set 2

Edited by Jay Tigran

Thankfully for my wallet, I've only paid to see it twice.

The second & free time, I did an event with the Windy City Ghostbusters, where we stood around in the theater's lobby, and took pictures with people, and they "paid" us by letting us into the next screening after we were done.

One of the Big Bang Theory sets had Chinese food and chopsticks.

My wife and I saw it this weekend, somewhat reluctantly because I'm worn out by all these reboots, and I'm really glad we did.  Very very funny. I know it's sacrilege, but I might even have liked it more than the original.  Need to watch that again though, it's been awhile. 

Too bad that the Minimates aren't out, because I sure wanted to go out and buy them....