UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I actually don't care much for LEGO vehicles paired with Minimates. For Minimates, I've got the 1/18th (I think?) scale die cast Ecto-1, that BHM generously sent my way years ago. It's fantastic.

g63b7f817.jpg

However, scale-wise, it looks like it would be close to twice their size...

It is an ambulance, so it shouldn't be that bad out if scale.

BHM took some pics here, I believe:

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Mar 22 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see why you were keen for me to post pictures of the die-cast version . I will endeavour to do this tomorrow but to quite honest I think your version is superior. Great job.

attachicon.gifkubs_162.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_163.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_164.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_166.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_167.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_168.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_169.jpg attachicon.gifkubs_170.jpg

Forbidden Planet seems to stock them, they are asking £100:

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=site_search&s=ghostbusters+bank&zenid=kgqcnrjmfe372lu4hhkca76c85

You can check your nearest non-FP retailer, too, since they should be able to get them from Diamond UK:

http://www.comicshoplocator.com

Oof, that's quite a markup from the USD amount. FP are normally very pricey though.

I need a decent local comic shop!

• 1 month later...

Picked up the Lego Ecto-1 and did some modifications for Minimates. Had to make it wider and I used a different type of glass for the side windows. It's not as ingenious as how they originally made it BUT it's sturdier this way.

Have to take the legs offa 'mates to make them fit but it's still better than having no Ecto-1 at all. And after all the money I've invested in Minimate/Lego compatible sets, this was a must have.

Apologies for the picture background... worked on the finishing touches overnight at work.

image_zps6cce842a.jpg

image_zps851f56c6.jpg

image_zpscc42995d.jpg

image_zps79a32b36.jpg