UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Man, I still need a regular Ray with Stay Puft here, but it's proving difficult for reasonable prices... Never once saw the normal 2-pack of those two in the local TRU, but found everyone else.

DST are completely dough-brained & half-baked if they can't realise that StayPuft is the ONLY character that would sell the last scrapings from this cash-cow.

Exercise:........................................ tap in 'Stay Puft Minimate'on ebay..........................heed the results.......can you see anything that is actually available .....let alone cheap :no:

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a disappointing last(?) entry in the GB movie waves...

Series 4 should have been:

- GB1 Janine

- GB1 "Workout Dana" and possessed chair

- GB2 Judge Wexler

- GB1 Larry King ;)

Sweet Jesus, YES!!!!

I was JUST thinking Janine needs a re-release more than any of these guys!

Throw in a Zool-Fridge & fans would be all over it!

I third this.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Series 4 should have completed any remaining sets

GB1 Janine

GB2 SlimeBlower Winston in charcoal Gray

GB1 Old Lady Librarian

GB1 Demon Librarian

I say this because the Librarian we got is like in mid transformation...

anyways:

Does anyone have High Quality scans of the artwork on the side of the Ready to Believe boxset and GB2 SlimeBlower boxset? I need them for my site (no scanner)

In case you're wondering, it's the artwork of the GBs (& Dana's) faces

I will of course credit you for the original scans

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just got back from a trip to TRU, hoping to find the new Marvel wave, and while I struck out there, I did find... the SDCC "We Are Ready to Believe You" set! They had at least 10 or so, at $14.99. So be on the lookout, those who still need this; I MIGHT be able to help anyone out, but not until the New Year (I'm done going to TRU until next week at least!).

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 2 Amazon Ghost sets that *JUST* now arrived, with a $5 off rewards coupon it was $10 and some changed shipped... which is less then what I paid for the original set at SDCC.

It's an excellent selection of fodder to have, and probably the best use of that coupon I could find (Did anyone else with a rewards card get a "20% off TRON merchandise" coupon? The hell is that... isn't that coupon called "wait a another few weeks for when they need space for Thor and GL toys")

But onto a real topic:

ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

When are they gonna show some pics of the Real Ghostbusters?! It's driving me goddamned crazy over here that we *know* they exist but haven't seen them yet.

You guys remember when folks were considering paying $100 or whatever for the Amazon game pack, just for this set? :lol:

Folks were also paying an arm and a leg for Web Armor Spidey when it was first released. I'm sure that we have all learned our lessons, and that this kind of behavior will never happen again.

Gaahhh... this kind of thing kills me. Not because I paid full price for the set, which I'm fine with, but because it makes Minimate exclusives look like a total lead balloon no retailer in their right mind should ever take a chance on. For every sell-out success story the franchise has had, it seems like there are two duds like this that make Minimates look like they really aren't ready for the big time.

I don't know, I guess plenty of other toy lines have misfires. It's just hard to believe that this far in, they still can't sell through 2000 of something...

I also can't imagine anyone would have expected this set to sell well on its own. Cool though they look, these are wacky ghosts that no one who hasn't played the videogame know about, and of those of us who did, who cares enough to buy figures of them? This just wasn't suited to a stand-alone release.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't know, I guess plenty of other toy lines have misfires. It's just hard to believe that this far in, they still can't sell through 2000 of something...

Far more than 2000 were produced, if I recall correctly (I am pretty confident but not sure) 5K or 6K sets !

That is way way more than any of the other sets & I'm not surprised they haven't moved them all yet .

I'd love a few more cases though (hint hint) :D

... I just realized I don't have this set yet. (hint hint)

Remember that time we used to complain there weren't enough "baddies" in the Minimate line? I think this set now sort of paints that dilemma in a new light.