UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can anybody’s TRU beat the one I visited yesterday with 45 GB sets? It was a sea of Slimy Theatres with the short packs still there. Last week they had a pool of about 10 Slimy Theatres pegwarming… So by my tally, at least 5 cases came in within 2-3 weeks. TRU believes in you GB!

Sdcc/tru set was waiting when I went home at lunch. No time for pics but I can confirm that the only "hidden" parts are arms/coat for Dana. No civvies parts for the 3 guys.

and no extra accessories like the ghost sniffer or anything like that from the commercial they're emulating?

Just a PKE meter, the jacket piece and two blue-sleeved arms for Dana. The arms don't even have their own hands, not that they really need them.

The thickness of the jacket puts a noticeable gap between the head and the body and the hairpiece sorta interferes with the jacket as well but if you can position it just right so it works it's definitely more visually interesting than having Dana sans Jacket.

Not that that really matters as being visually interesting obviously wasn't what they were going for with this set.

I'm sure they civilian designs will see the light as separate figures eventually.

Just a PKE meter, the jacket piece and two blue-sleeved arms for Dana. The arms don't even have their own hands, not that they really need them.

The thickness of the jacket puts a noticeable gap between the head and the body and the hairpiece sorta interferes with the jacket as well but if you can position it just right so it works it's definitely more visually interesting than having Dana sans Jacket.

Not that that really matters as being visually interesting obviously wasn't what they were going for with this set.

I'm sure they civilian designs will see the light as separate figures eventually.

I sure hope so, I'm a little disappointed they didn't include the accessories they wore during the commercial they're referencing with this boxset though

Got my "Ready to Believe You" set in the mail today and it is a total disappointment. No ghost sniffer for Ray, no colander helmet for Lewis, nothing good at all.

Don't bother buying this at full price, it's not worth it and will most likely be sold at TRU.com for $8 like the SDCC exclusive from last year is currently.

I just discovered a new something new about GB wave 4. Not only does the Statue of Liberty have a surprise under her toga, but GB2 Venkman has a brand new chest tampo under his chest cap. Unlike all the other GBs (who just have a black block with a touch of flesh color at the collar) Pete's chest decal depicts unbuttoned coveralls.

I was just checking out MMDB and Ivan, you need to update this discovery.

Enjoy the pics.

th_gb2venkman.jpgth_gb2venkman2.jpg

I just discovered a new something new about GB wave 4. Not only does the Statue of Liberty have a surprise under her toga, but GB2 Venkman has a brand new chest tampo under his chest cap. Unlike all the other GBs (who just have a black block with a touch of flesh color at the collar) Pete's chest decal depicts unbuttoned coveralls.

That's brilliant!! Hopefully the SDCC sets will have that as standard. A nice alternative for display.

Got my set, and it's late so I had to use the flash, but I'm really happy with these. Yes, I think it would've been cooler to get some more specific accessories, but it's the portraits that I like the most.

post-3040-1280041265_thumb.jpg

Edited by ufemizm