UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had pre-ordered TRU wave 4 back when they first appeared on the website, then last week I got a shipping confirmation for the Mayor / Subway ghost set... over the weekend I popped into the closest physical TRU and they had a full peg of GB minis, and with the exception of the wave 3 Vigo set they were all wave 4, so I snapped up one of each just in case something happened with my preorder... sure enough I check my mail monday morning and I got shipping confirmation emails for the other three wave 4 sets I had ordered, so now I'll have 2 of each, oh well...

Random question: Is Janoz's trenchcoat a new piece? I'd love to get a few more, but I don't want to track down & buy multiple packs to do it.

Nope. It's the standard trench/lab coat (same one as Egon) in dark gray.

I'm still kicking myself for opening a spare BTTF1 set last year to get the same coat off of Doc for a custom I still haven't finished... :(

Edited by Lobsterman

Random question: Is Janoz's trenchcoat a new piece? I'd love to get a few more, but I don't want to track down & buy multiple packs to do it.

Nope. It's the standard trench/lab coat (same one as Egon) in dark gray.

I'm still kicking myself for opening a spare BTTF1 set last year to get the same coat off of Doc for a custom I still haven't finished... :(

Thank you! Couldn't quite place it until you said something.

Off to update my trade list...

Found them all at the TRU in North Point Mall in Alpharetta save one. Oddly enough the one that was missing was Venkman... Hmm... well I got my Statue of Liberty and that's really all I wanted. So now let's see what else they can drag out of the box for Ghostbusters.

be warned -- apparently some people on gbfans.com received their wave 4 Ghostbusters minimates individually shipped in bubble mailers, and the boxes were crushed, even the statue of libertys arms were broken...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic....98&start=90

Yep. . .sounds like a typical Toys R Us order alright.

Out of 9 packs sent to me yesterday in bubble mailers, only two were smashed (one horribly). The smashed ones were okay on the inside, but it's the thought that counts.

I have no local TRU and I've managed to get 3 of the 4 waves directly from TRU's online store (I think the b&m/online ratio of Wave 3 was out of whack as they were barely online and supposedly abundant in stores) and I've become used to the crushed packaging.

Ultimately I'm an opener and I've still managed to get unbroken Minimates every time so I can't complain too much but MOC'ers are definitely substantial enough when it comes to the audience/consumer base of these things and it's a problem that should be rectified.

I think this wave is pretty decent but still the most uneven. 3 of the 4 "ghosts" are great but I think including the Mayor in the line is a bit troublesome, plus the GB variants are pretty worthless. I thought the Venkman was almost entirely worthless to those of us who got the SDCC 2-pack last year until I saw he was wearing gloves, at that point I realized that DST/AA are going to be selling us a similarly-worthless gloved gray GBII Egon to have another complete set of 4 to go with the gray Slime Blower Ray and Egons (pretty much a gray version of the AFX 4-pack) which definitely doesn't bode well for the future of the line.

As I said on another forum: they're going to be trying to sell us a Dean Yaegher Minimate soon. Mattel has been very slow with their GB releases but the opposite extreme is what DST/AA are doing. This line is about a year old and there's no denying that they're running out of figures to make. The new Venkman/Slimer two-pack pretty much definitively proves that.

Off the top of my head they can get away with the gloved gray Egon (which, again, is only of interest to someone who has to have Peter & Egon to go with the slime blower Ray & Winston) and the inevitable gray slime blower Winston, a GB1 Janine and a pre-possessed Louis, plus whatever miscellaneous ghosts they can cobble together from the parts they have.

really lady liberty/mayor packs are hard to find?

This has been my experience at 2 of 4 local TRU's. As it was mentioned, there are only 2 of each of those packs per case. I did manage to find one Mayor/Subway Ghost (love the vest BTW!!), but absolutely no Janoz/Liberty. Hopefully I'll be able to find one in the event of a restock, but there's sooo much Series 2 on pegs around here. Aw well, I wasn't really a fan of the second film and really was more interested in adding a few more ghosts to my collection (which I was able to do with relative ease). Shit-film, but a surprisingly nice series of 'mates.

be warned -- apparently some people on gbfans.com received their wave 4 Ghostbusters minimates individually shipped in bubble mailers, and the boxes were crushed, even the statue of libertys arms were broken...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic....98&start=90

Im pleased to report that not only did I get all 4 boxes a week early, but they were completely unharmed, no smushed boxes and no broken parts.

I'm a tad confused ,is there going to be two GB Minimate sets at SDCC ?? I know all about the 'Slimeblowers' set but where the hell does one get the 'We're ready to believe' set ? I recall someone saying about Entertainment Earth but there doesn't seem to be anything showing there....in fact I can't see anything about it anywhere except for the AA blog.

I'm a tad confused ,is there going to be two GB Minimate sets at SDCC ?? I know all about the 'Slimeblowers' set but where the hell does one get the 'We're ready to believe' set ? I recall someone saying about Entertainment Earth but there doesn't seem to be anything showing there....in fact I can't see anything about it anywhere except for the AA blog.

all I know is.....it has an SDCC sticker and a TRU exclusive sticker. So that means EE as well.

I just can't talk myself into wanting this set. Are there any customs that would need khaki pants?

I don't know, maybe once I'm at Comic Con and in money-spending mode... :)

Well if you used the upper half of the khakis you might be able to create a passable Lara Croft shorts.