UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised to see this is the TRU - SDCC exclusive. I thought they wouldn't have an exclusive again after they way their Dark Avengers set has (not) sold.

But glad to see these set is now official, and glad to see the first of the SDCC exclusives are being announced.

The Ghostbusters are wearing the same coat as Doc Brown / Kyle Reese, right?

Good idea for an exclusive--not essential, but a cool extra if you have the more iconic looks. It irked me a bit that the GB 2 uniform for Venkman and Ray were initially only available as exclusives.

However, they don't look all that interesting. Giving them a new Ghost or a new character like GB1 Janine would probably help make this set even more desirable.

Edited by karamazov80

Is it me or does Ray look like he's trying to fart?

Bah ha ha - quite possibly.

Although i think that the artists intension was to make Ray look the way he does when he's being possessed/hypnotised by the painting of Vigo.

Somewhere around this scene (sorry i couldn't find a photo of the actual expression i was looking for)

post-2737-1275055917_thumb.jpg

SDCC exclusive Ghostbusters box set announced:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/05/are-...e-of-the-night/

Odd that they mention neither "SDCC" nor "exclusive" in the post; the stickers on the package obviously confirm it, but... are they trying to play down the SDCC hype this year?

They'd better put this one in stores after the show if they want it to sell through. I think the Dark Avengers set would have done a lot better if it had been available at retail. It was by no means a bad set (this one is much weaker, IMHO), it just had zero visibility after the event.

(this one is much weaker, IMHO)

I disagree because of one word: Ghostbusters. That word alone sells Minimates (video game sets arre the exception and that release wasn't supposed to happen they way it did). But really, I think comparing Marvel and GB is apples and oranges. I don't think this one will be on clearance six months later for $6 with over 700 left like Dark Reign. But, I'm also hoping TRU learned that $20 for a four pack is a bad business decision.

Is it me or does Ray look like he's trying to fart?

Bah ha ha - quite possibly.

Although i think that the artists intension was to make Ray look the way he does when he's being possessed/hypnotised by the painting of Vigo.

Somewhere around this scene (sorry i couldn't find a photo of the actual expression i was looking for)

post-2737-1275055917_thumb.jpg

I figured it was the scene toward the end just before Ray gets physically possessed by Vigo. Y'know, since it's the same outfit and everything.

This: post-1173-1275059416_thumb.jpg not: post-1173-1275059696_thumb.jpg

Hooray for the SDCC set! Glad to see we're getting a non-possessed Dana along with the commercial outfits.

Edited by God Magnus

I hope the new box set comes with all the goodies from the control art. After that NO MORE! I'm pretty sure this covers every conceivable necessary GB figure except GB1 Janine who is sorely needed. I kind of agree with karamazov that she is more essential than a plain clothes Dana. Also, I'm a little bugged that Egon still has the flat hair, I'm pretty sure his hair had that exaggerated coif in both movies.

EDIT: Uh oh, back of the box says only a PKE meter and lab coat for pack-ins. D'oh!

EDIT AGAIN: Maybe Egon does come with the new hairpiece. I think my monitor was too dark to see properly. :o

Edited by Apone

There's also:

Slime-Blower Winston

Judge Wexler

Succubus (The ghost in the first movie that gets freaky with Ray)

Kahki GB2-variant Ghosbusters (With another version of Slimer-Blower Ray and Winston)

Underground exploring GB variants (Complete with Winston's OMG face after getting 'hit' by the Ghost Train)

Civilian Winston

And an Ecto-1/Ecto-1A but we know that ain't happening. :lol:

This: post-1173-1275059416_thumb.jpg

YES!!!!! That's what i was looking for!!!! i couldn't find a clear picture of it though. Well done!

SDCC exclusive Ghostbusters box set announced:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/05/are-...e-of-the-night/

Anyone know who the extra lab-coat in the top of the packaging is intended for?

I'm forgetting the movie again, but is it possible that it's an overcoat for Dana?

It's is Dana's overcoat.

casualgbmates.jpg

So we're getting her overcoat from the concept/control art, but not the ghost sniffer? Weak! Also, what's happening with the casual GB's, i.e. sweater vest Egon?

Hmmm, the control art suggests Dana should have had a new hair piece, since she really shouldn't have the possessed hair from the first figure. That plus lack of neat pack-ins is making this box set look less appealing.

Edited by Apone

Hmmm, the control art suggests Dana should have had a new hair piece, since she really shouldn't have the possessed hair from the first figure. That plus lack of neat pack-ins is making this box set look less appealing.

Agreed! The lack of GB equipment (accessories) is a real deal killer here. That and the reuse of the lab coats is a real bummer. The buttoned up coats in the concept art would have looked sooooo much better. To bad. <_<

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm looking forward to this one too...

... but did anybody notice the TRU exclusive sticker on it?

It's probably going to be another shared exclusive like the first DA set from last year.

That's my guess too. As stupid as it sounds, I think that it's actually a good way to develop... synergy. I said it. There.

Yesterday on NPR I heard a story about TRU going public. Apparently in the last year or so, the private owners have been working hard to make TRU standout as a toy store compared to Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Part of their over-all plans involved getting products that you can't find at the big stores. I think it's pretty cool to see them working to re-establish themselves as the premier toy store, and it's even better that Minimates are a part of that plan.

It's a pretty good idea for an exclusive, as it's completely non-essential but still manages to be quite an iconic look, as the "We're Ready To Believe You!"scene is popular.

I don't like the fact Dana didn't get new hair though, and I'm kinda burned out on GB stuff so it's an easy pass.

And I would hate to see us get loads of "unnecessary" characters and never get GB1 Janine. That would suck.