UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I pre-oredered all four sets on monday and today received a "these items are back-ordered" email about the Janosz and Mayor sets, total bummer.... but being that they arent scheduled for release until july, I'm sure we'll be updated before then with a "these items are back in stock" email and get them shipped to us instead of having to hunt them down in TRU stores...

All these cryptic backorder and delay messages are all part of the TRU shopping experience - I've ordered several waves of BSG & GB mates,as well as miniflyers and I've come to expect these braindamage emails on TRU pre-orders. I even got a cancellation email for my Ellen & Simon BSG set, and it still shipped along with all of the others. To make a long story short - don't read too much into those emails this early in the game.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the post about these but I can't dig up any pictures other than the Peter/Slimer and Ray/Theater Spook set.

They're also making the Statue of Liberty, Janosz, the Mayor and who again?

Subway Ghost. ;)

I missed these somehow, and then I missed out on pics because they're sold out. Lovely.

Just saw the post about these but I can't dig up any pictures other than the Peter/Slimer and Ray/Theater Spook set.

Here you go guys, don't say I've never got you nothing!

http://www.gbfans.com/images/news/toysrus-series4-large.jpg

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2010/05/17/to...xclusives-pics/

Edited by UK Collector

Oh crapola! I just searched through a bunch of TRU product images to find them. (Well my script did.) Only to come back here and find UKCollector had beaten me to the punch. :D

Oh well, here are the non-photoshopped versions.

post-33-1274388737_thumb.jpgpost-33-1274388746_thumb.jpg

post-33-1274388754_thumb.jpgpost-33-1274388761_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ivan

Looks like I'm going for extra green paint and digging out my Magdelena wings. It's Cthulhu Custom Time! (You know. because of the Subway Ghost's Head)

Edited by Trekker 42

I missed these somehow, and then I missed out on pics because they're sold out. Lovely.

Here you go guys, don't say I've never got you nothing!

http://www.gbfans.com/images/news/toysrus-series4-large.jpg

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2010/05/17/to...xclusives-pics/

Thanks a heap! Man, that subway ghost looks to be the coolest of all of them!

I love Ray's facial expression. My take on it is that DST was trying to replicate the momment in the movie where he is mommentarily hypnotized by Viggo's painting. Nice attention to detail guys.

Im assuming that this Slimer will come with the open trap and the "blast stand" or whatever you'd want to call it.

That would make it an even better pack for those who missed out on SDCC Peter and/or Previews Ray pack.

Not sure if they'd go that route or not, since it required a larger box to fit it all in, which means they'd have to change the size of the case to accommodate the larger package. Not saying it won't happen, I just don't see them adding the extra expense.

Well I guess it can be able to detach into seperate pieces if the pack even comes with it.

Edited by darkredshdow

Wow. Why do they keep giving us Slimer? Does anyone even LIKE Slimer?

The theater ghost is awesome. Sandman base, Salak torso, Sinestro head, Human Torch chest flames, Wasp wings. I think that's the most kitbashed Minimate ever!

I think this is obviously similar to the Kirk, Wolverine & Spiderman phenomena in so many other wave - Slimer and Venkman as well as Egon are anchor characters for this license and we'll probably continue to see them appear in various forms as future waves continue.

Hey! There's an AA blog that says there's going to be a TRU wave 4. Way to break the news to us (after the product has already been revealed on TRU's site). And why are some exclusive...

And it looks like Janosz gets a pary hat head. We just keep getting the best accessories in this line.

Edited by groundhog7s

Umm...I think I missed the scene in the movie that would produce this figure:

"Slimer Blower Ray" :blink:

Tanks of slime that they used to coat the Statue of Liberty?

They're called Slime Blowers aparantly. Because they blasted slime from tanks.

Yeah that scene.

Because they blasted slime from tanks.

Wouldn't that make them Slime Blasters? I thought it was from the scene when they blowed slime from the tanks.

Trying to lessen the opening for BHM.