UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching GB2 on Netflix's insta-streaming and I just wanted to bring up how perfect "Courtroom Egon" is.

I always liked the "Doe.... Ray.... EGON!" scene as kid and his expression is absolutely spot, same wrinkles and everything, it's as if they just traced a screen capture (and maybe they did)

World of Psychic Peter's jacket is the wrong color, but I do give the minimate credit for holding the cat pretty much the same way (just 'pick up like a sack')

... When/If we get another wave or 5th Box set, I wouldn't mind Peter in red/grey shirt from when Dana comes over after slime-tub attack (it's a rather nice look for a civilian Pete) and that horrible-gave-me-nightmares-as-a-child Mink Coat ghost, given how much new sculpting Wave 3 had there's no reason we shouldn't get it on the lady or at the very least as a cool accessory crawling away. Also, I hope Slime-pack Ray has enough space between his Slime-Pack and body that the Demon-Vigo mask can slip over his body, it doesn't fit with the Proton Pack.

It's the hairless cat-thing! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

That's all the time we've got for this week on 'World of the Psychic'. Next week though . . . hairless pets. [holds up a hairless cat] Weird.

I love the amount of thought that goes into these minimates. Sooo much amazing detail.

being in the UK... the GBmates are always expensive/hard to find... that said, i've just got myself a Vigo/Peter set on ebay, which has put me in such a good mood. for the last couple of hours, i've been making a mental list of the GB mates i need (i've box sets 1&2 atm). these mates have completely ignited my interest in GB, its crazy... just asked the gf if we can watch the films in bed this evening... she agreed! (having never seen them before!)

This morning 2 of the sets popped up on TRUs site.I'd assume the others will be up in a day or so.

That's strange - those were the only two sets I could find in the store, too...

Edited by ufemizm

This morning 2 of the sets popped up on TRUs site.I'd assume the others will be up in a day or so.

I didn't look too closely, but of the partial case I saw, there seems to be an abundance of the Egon/Captain set and the Venmak Vigo Set, and the Scolari Brothers sets might be short packed...

Without seeing the case when it opened or knowing who had been thru to buy what, I can't be 100% certain... but when I got mine, there was only 1 or each of the courtroom fight sets... but 2 or 3 each of the others.

I didn't look too closely, but of the partial case I saw, there seems to be an abundance of the Egon/Captain set and the Venmak Vigo Set, and the Scolari Brothers sets might be short packed...

Without seeing the case when it opened or knowing who had been thru to buy what, I can't be 100% certain... but when I got mine, there was only 1 or each of the courtroom fight sets... but 2 or 3 each of the others.

nooooooooooooooo!

As if it wasn't hard enough to get these in the UK, they've now possibly shortpacked the two most popular sets!!! Aargh.

At the moment my one option is eBay, but i really begrudge paying about 100bucks after shipping for 4 2 packs.

Well, there's only 4 packs per case, right? I don't think we are seeing any 1 per case packs here. If they aren't evenly distributed (though I think that would make most sense), then at worst, there are 4 each of the Viggo/GB 2 Egon packs, and then 2 each of the Scolari Brothers per case. As such, I wouldn't anticipate any of these being very expensive/difficult to get in the long run.

--edit: also, the etoys website has a better free shipping deal than does ToysrUs.com; you only have to spend $69 for free shipping, rather than $100--

Edited by karamazov80

Have the proof-reading errors on the Scoleri packs been mentioned yet? Between the two brothers and Ray and Egon's write-ups on the back of the packs, Judge Wexler is referred to as Wexler, Waxler and Welzer. It looks really bad when neither pack is consistent between the two write-ups. I'll try and take pics later.

Edited by groundhog7s

Well, there's only 4 packs per case, right? I don't think we are seeing any 1 per case packs here. If they aren't evenly distributed (though I think that would make most sense), then at worst, there are 4 each of the Viggo/GB 2 Egon packs, and then 2 each of the Scolari Brothers per case. As such, I wouldn't anticipate any of these being very expensive/difficult to get in the long run.

The case ratio is 4:4:2:2 with the brothers being shortpacked. I saw a full case of 12 on the pegs. I also don't see these being too difficult in the long run since in my eyes, I don't see any "heavy hitters". Stay Pufts, though, are rare and I've seen up to two cases of the Best Of (minus Stay Pufts) pegwarming in a few stores.

And if anybody still needs it, the item number for this wave is 218815.

Have the proof-reading errors on the Scoleri packs been mentioned yet? Between the two brothers and Ray and Egon's write-ups on the back of the packs, Judge Wexler is referred to as Wexler, Waxler and Welzer. It looks really bad when neither pack is consistent between the two write-ups. I'll try and take pics later.

Seems like they couldn't nail down how Scolari is spelled either. 'Scolari' on the fronts, and 'Scoleri' on the backs. An editor, an editor! My kingdom for a copy editor! :)

Here's another inconsistency with the Scolari brothers. According to Tony Scolari's bio, he and his brother Nunzio were sentenced to death in 1948 by judge Wexler (the judge from GB2 movie). Here's the time flaw I stumbled upon. If the Ghostbusters were tried in 1989 (the year the movie took place) by judge Wexler (who we'll estimate was 52 years old at the time cause that was the age of the actor (Harris Yulin) who portrayed him), he would have been 11 years old at the time he sentenced the Scolari brothers to death (1948). Wexler must have been the Doogie Howser of his time.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Seems like they couldn't nail down how Scolari is spelled either. 'Scolari' on the fronts, and 'Scoleri' on the backs. An editor, an editor! My kingdom for a copy editor! :)

Spelling has obviously become important.

At last ;)

By the way, thanks for posting GH. You have saved me much gas money and time. :)

By the way, thanks for posting GH. You have saved me much gas money and time. :)

Yes, but why wasn't I smart enough to take my own advice? I lucked out in getting the last of each one at the store, but that was about it for my trip. I was hoping for IM Mighty Muggs also, but none there.