UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

By the way - for those still looking - I got those from the TRU on Winchester Blvd (by the Winchester Mystery House) in San Jose. They were in the Marvel aisle, and they still had quite a few sets when I went back on Saturday.

I am oddly interested in this bit of information --- isn't the Winchester Mystery House, well, haunted? And to think we're talking about ghosts in this thread too :ermm:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way - for those still looking - I got those from the TRU on Winchester Blvd (by the Winchester Mystery House) in San Jose. They were in the Marvel aisle, and they still had quite a few sets when I went back on Saturday.

I am oddly interested in this bit of information --- isn't the Winchester Mystery House, well, haunted? And to think we're talking about ghosts in this thread too :ermm:

I think they did a Ghosthunters episode there and didn't find much - but if they filmed there to begin with, it suggests that there is at least rumors of paranormal experiences.

I picked up the 2 variant sets ... and I just noticed that the Tully is not fixed! It still has the wrong label. And I know that it came straight out of the case, it was not a leftover.

Any of you others ... is your Tully fixed? Was it just the nametag that was supposed to be different or was there something else?

DSTMatt just posted "The Carpathian cometh..." on his Twitter page. This HAS to be a Vigo reference, right? He doesn't really post anything on his Twitter account except Minimate hints and pictures...

Thank you! That's been bugging me for the last half-hour. I knew it was familiar, but I just couldn't remember why...

OOOO! Vigo! I wonder if he'll come with the first ever full scale Minimate painting. After all, it would only make sense. Make it a lenticular so you can show the effect where it changed to floating head over river of slime.

On second thought, don't. It would be hard to make sure it stays at the picture you want it at. However, reversable is fine. Print it double sided! Though where are you going to put the epic Ghostbusters Win picture then...?

I picked up the 2 variant sets ... and I just noticed that the Tully is not fixed! It still has the wrong label. And I know that it came straight out of the case, it was not a leftover.

Any of you others ... is your Tully fixed? Was it just the nametag that was supposed to be different or was there something else?

The "fixed" Tully should have the Spengler name tag and the straps should be green not grey. See:

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/best-of-g...ters-minimates/

The completist in me is tempted by the new Tully, but I feel the changes are too minor for me to see any point in getting it. Same with the revamped Slimer. Maybe if they put the two of them in a set together.

However with hints of a GB2 based boxset on the way, can't wait to see more :D. After Marvel, GB is quickly becoming my favourite licence.

It's a shame they won't take any characters or elements from the old cartoon. It would provide them with another for everyone, including Janine and gives them access to some interesting ghosts.

Edited by Caracal

I have to agree, I don't think I can see myself buying the revamped Louis and Slimer...as long as I don't cave in when I see them. :P

Though picking up a couple of Louis' to get the GB2 arms for GB2 GBs might be a different story...

Also, didn't AA say something about a possible reworking of the license with Sony to do Real Ghostbusters stuff awhile back?

Edited by Brad Redfield

If they have, I haven't heard. I heard they weren't going to as it would be considered kiddy/childish or something along those lines (even though fans like myself would be in their mid twenties). Be great if they did though.

Ahh but I live in the UK mate, so it's not like I can walk to my local TRU to pick one up :P For two minor changes that I can live without, it doesn't seem worth the hassle of eBay or pesting one of the nice people here.

Ahh but I live in the UK mate, so it's not like I can walk to my local TRU to pick one up :P For two minor changes that I can live without, it doesn't seem worth the hassle of eBay or pesting one of the nice people here.

Never pester the nice people here....concentrate on the assholes! :D

Uh sorry guys...er.... not you Blacksun,um..Minimadman...Not you Sam...no way Allen not you...sorry Tim didn't mean you....or Boyd no way.........sorry Shane, Luke,MiniJeff....jjwspider no chance...none of you others either....not Hulk ....

.........maybe Groundhog :biggrin:

Never pester the nice people here....concentrate on the assholes! :D

Uh sorry guys...er.... not you Blacksun,um..Minimadman...Not you Sam...no way Allen not you...sorry Tim didn't mean you....or Boyd no way.........sorry Shane, Luke,MiniJeff....jjwspider no chance...none of you others either....not Hulk ....

.........maybe Groundhog :biggrin:

Perhaps T42. Though he hardly ever trades online.

I broke down and got 'food belly' Slimer today... I was surprised I could actually read "Spangler" on Luis' revised torso (as all my other Ghostbusters are dingy dark names) but did not buy him.

Overall I consider Slimer a legit variant worth rebuying while new Luis is a novelty at best only worth getting if you missed out the first time.

FUN FACT: If you need a top-hole-free clear head Food-belly Slimer has one under his "blob"

Edit: Well I feel slow and like the last person to the party to know this, but when I was putting Food Belly Slimer with the rest of my Ghostbuster mates I noticed although Egon/Peter share a jacket piece Ray and Winston are different sculpts completely.... now I feel even more justified in my decision to just collect minimates instead of the Matty collector figures, since at least these didn't skimp on all identical bases. (and I know the cost differences between making a new minimate jacket and a new 6 in torso is so huge it's insane to fault Mattel for this, but still I give points for the effort)

Edited by dr baghead

Oh, I'm sorry... Yeah, you can live without them.