UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to get the entire crew in their "regular" outfits.

In the film (since I can't recall), did Tully don the version of the Ghostbusters outfit used in the first film?

YEah, he used an original Ghostbusters suit in GB2. I think. Pretty sure.

Yep.

They had two versions in the second film. One colored like the first film, and one that was a darker gray. Louis wore an Egon suit that was colored like the first film, but still had the peace symbol from the second film.

(That I can remember details like this, but couldn't tell you for the life of me what I did yesterday speaks highly of my life)

Okay, just picked these up while traveling from one of my offices to another, and toy karma strikes!

The TRU had just put them out, and I bought the case (one set for me, one for my kids); the extra packs were Peter and TD, and Ray with Mr. Stay Puft. I didn't look at the figures, just the boxes, checked out and moved on.

Upon closer inspection, I find that one of my Egon/Jogger packs has inside of it... Peter and the Dog. The box has not been tampered with, just a factory error. Oh well. I figured I'd let everyone know to watch out for this, make sure that the figures in the windows match the box.

On the plus side, I have an extra Bill Murray head to put on Tyrol's green fatigues for my Stripes minimate.

The nose on Slimer really detracts from his minimateness. The first one didn't have one and he looked great. I wonder what prompted DST to give him a nose?

I'm not sure about that one, either. My theory is that there was debate at AA/DST/wherever headquarters about what the Minimate face should look like, and the decision was made to go with these 2 different looks, and the PX version, which looks to be a combination of the two.

By the way, Slimer from wave 2 seems pretty closely based on this shot:

http://nodders.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/slimer.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

The nose on Slimer really detracts from his minimateness. The first one didn't have one and he looked great. I wonder what prompted DST to give him a nose?

I'm not sure about that one, either. My theory is that there was debate at AA/DST/wherever headquarters about what the Minimate face should look like, and the decision was made to go with these 2 different looks, and the PX version, which looks to be a combination of the two.

your probably right, but I thought they were going for the real ghostbusters look,

slimer

no Louis pics yet?

your probably right, but I thought they were going for the real ghostbusters look,

slimer

no Louis pics yet?

Only because you didn't ask! :P

100_5655.jpg

100_5656.jpg

I have found that I prefer the look of them holding the neutrino wands by the "barrel" as opposed to the stock - this does force the hand open a bit kind of the same amount as the grip on Sarah Connor's rifle - anyone think this will do damage?

post-3040-1251952146_thumb.jpg

Found 'em today! I'm loving this wave and I hope we see more of them. I found it odd that Louis has "TULLY" printed on the name tag instead of "SPENGLER" but that's just a minor quibble.

I would never have known that he wore Egon's uni if not for this forum. But no biggie, since I have two regular Egons (one from the boxset and one from the 2pack) i can easily switch the uniforms to make it movie accurate.

I have found that I prefer the look of them holding the neutrino wands by the "barrel" as opposed to the stock - this does force the hand open a bit kind of the same amount as the grip on Sarah Connor's rifle - anyone think this will do damage?

Nah, it's fine. I like to pose with both the stock and the grip at the same time XD This reminds me of a puzzle...

Worth 80 picarats

How can you have a Minimate hold the wand with both hands?

Regarding the future of this line, I know there are several characters yet to be made from the films, all of which I'd like to see. More ghosts? Bring 'em!

But really, what is the expectation of folks regarding getting anything beyond the second 4-pack and the PX pack? If any are done at all, I would expect them to be exclusives, produced in even smaller numbers than what we've seen to date. Or, we'll end up seeing re-releases of the core-4 to get new buyer interest. Does anyone know if the 2 TRU waves were even made in equal quantity?

They do seem to have the core team sewed up, but at the same time DST has shown interest in at least one more go.

Ghost-wise, there's plenty left to do, with Vigo, a possessed Janosz, and the Scoleri brothers being front runners.

Regarding variations of the GBs themselves, we still need the outfits they wore in the commercial, Winston in his civies, Ray and Egon in courtroom attire, Ray, Egon, and Peter from digging the hole in the street, Ray, Egon, and Winston from exploring the river of slime, Ray covered in slime, Egon and Winston covered in marshmallow, Egon in his GB2 uniform, possessed Ray...

Nah, it's fine. I like to pose with both the stock and the grip at the same time XD This reminds me of a puzzle...

Worth 80 picarats

How can you have a Minimate hold the wand with both hands?

By pulling one hand out of the socket?

Well I went to my TRU first thing this morning and there sitting beneath all the Marvel minimates was wave 2 of GB! I was so happy to see these and have them all now and not have to worry about having to search for them elsewhere. I don't know what the case ratio was but there was only one Jogger Ghost pack, was this one short packed?

Well I went to my TRU first thing this morning and there sitting beneath all the Marvel minimates was wave 2 of GB! I was so happy to see these and have them all now and not have to worry about having to search for them elsewhere. I don't know what the case ratio was but there was only one Jogger Ghost pack, was this one short packed?

None are 1 per case, based on what I've seen. It's 2 packs of each, plus an extra Peter/Terror Dog and Ray/StayPuft.