UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he is.

But, no, he doesn't come with standard hands and feet, so your plans for a glow-in-the-dark blank are foiled (mine, too.)

However, GITD Slimer has the standard hands, so you may be able to carve down stay puft's feet to get there...

Hey, since ican't open mine...yet...can anyone tell me if the Glow-in-the-dark Stay Puft is also glowing underneath all of the extra parts?? No need for pictures, just a reply. ;)

And, springportguy, it IS still there. Did you, um, go to DST's "page," click on GB, and scroll two inches down?!?!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

But, no, he doesn't come with standard hands and feet, so your plans for a glow-in-the-dark blank are foiled (mine, too.)

Keep dreaming, I can keep dreaming...

Not sure if the poster checklist has been posted yet:

(img)

that poster checklist is awesome, where did it come from?

And, um, am I missing a link to a larger version somewhere?

Edited by Cappy

It's kind of sad how much nicer and more effective this presumably fan made poster is:

compared to this offical "to show kids what's out there" poster is:

The fan made one (I'm assuming fan made since it has no copyright info/legal text on it) clearly separates each set making it a true checklist rather then a giant clusterlovefest of minimates out there you might want to buy. It doesn't have the convention only Blank Promo no kid (and since it's on minimates.com we can assume it's for the kids) can obtain without their parents spending a couple hundred bucks to take them to a convention.

I understand to a degree the Marvel poster being so cluttered as there's probably no way you could fit 32 waves (31 really, right Ghost Rider...) + TRU sets + a large handful of box sets on a poster with clear distinction between each set and not have it looks like picture of the Comic Con Masquerade taken from Google Earth.... but there's only 14 different Ghostbusters sets right now, there's no reason not have something closer to the fan made list then the cluttered list right now.

Good luck finding them though. And nobody here has helped anyone get them yet either.

No one huh? so the two full sets I sent to other members were my imagination?

Just because no one helped YOU doesn't mean to say other people aren't helping each other out!

T.

Good luck finding them though. And nobody here has helped anyone get them yet either.

Dude, party foul. The people on this board are nothing but helpful, accommodating and generous.

... and under absolutely no obligation to be a shopping service for everyone else on the board.

There are a lot of people here who move product around to other members - and do so at fair personal expense, including time & gas to shop, packaging and hitting the post office... and it's all done at cost, with no markups or scalping. Not to mention, that it's been difficult to find 1 full set, much less bunches of extras for everyone else.

It's more than a little insulting to be called out by some uppity newbie, who has been here a whole 3 weeks and has his panties in a tight knot 'cause he's confused the board membership with Santa Claus.

Edited by captain_cbecker

I just ran across new member Poe Ghostal's review of the Staypuft bank. He includes a pic with the Mattel and Minimate Egon for comparison at the bottom of the page:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/08/review-s...w-man-bank.html

Here is the picture:

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content/uploa.../staypuft_1.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

That's pretty sweet! I've got a bank on the way (along with a mattel Egon) and I can't wait. Looks like the NECA Stay-Puft is more in scale to Minimates, but looking at the prices of ended auctions makes me more willing to settle for a bank (rather than having to rob one).

I have never liked that NECA Staypuft because of the face. The banks are both more movie accurate (and look better), are much cheaper, take up less space, and are probably far more durable. Personally, I they are all I need. I've got the happy faced version in my "Pile of Loot" at BBTS, and I have the angry faced version on pre-order.

BTW, if this site were sponsored by BBTS, they would be getting a fair amount of change from my purchases alone.

but looking at the prices of ended auctions makes me more willing to settle for a bank (rather than having to rob one).

you could always wait to see what Mattel's going to do for their Stay Puft.

They said in an "Ask Matty" recently they won't do Stay Puft as a BAF since he's too big but are trying to get the figure done as close to in scale as possible.

Now we all know that's impossible, since the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is 100 feet tall, and in a 9 foot tall action figure is highly unlikely. However, 30 inch tall figures are not unheard of and Mattel recently made a 30 inch Anti-Monitor, I wouldn't be surprised if a 30 inch Stay Puft is being considered. (which is actually out of scale for mini-mates too... if minimates are scaled so 2 inches = 6ft, that makes a 30 inch Stay Puft 90 feet tall, 10 feet too short!)

... although granted it IS Mattel so who knows if a 30 inch Stay Puft is made how many people can have a chance to own it. (deletes Comic Con rant)

Basically, I guess what I'm saying is I'm going to wait to see Mattel's hand before I settle on a bank... a move I could very well regret when they make a 6 inch Stay Puft for Matty Collector and then raffle off 4 30 inch figures at SDCC, but I'll chance it...

Dude, party foul. The people on this board are nothing but helpful, accommodating and generous.

... and under absolutely no obligation to be a shopping service for everyone else on the board.

There are a lot of people here who move product around to other members - and do so at fair personal expense, including time & gas to shop, packaging and hitting the post office... and it's all done at cost, with no markups or scalping. Not to mention, that it's been difficult to find 1 full set, much less bunches of extras for everyone else.

It's more than a little insulting to be called out by some uppity newbie, who has been here a whole 3 weeks and has his panties in a tight knot 'cause he's confused the board membership with Santa Claus.

Yeah, because the only reply I got was "Check Amazon." which yielded absolutely nothing. So yeah, maybe you help in your little circle jerk, but as far as a community goes, you guys suck.

Goodbye.

Yeah, because the only reply I got was "Check Amazon." which yielded absolutely nothing. So yeah, maybe you help in your little circle jerk, but as far as a community goes, you guys suck.

Goodbye.

You do know most TRU's haven't gotten Ghostbusters restocks, just one case (at least around here that seems to be holding true) unless you're expecting everyone to have bought two sets and to automatically give that set to someone else (and not say a non-multiverse boarder, a personal friend, a family member, or maybe they're greedy and wanted multiple ghost or clear custom fodder) every set's probably in the hands of someone who wanted them... unless your TRU is really behind the ball secondary markets like Amazon or eBay are probably your best bet, the board can't just magic up all 5 packs for you.

also I'd like to say, while Captain CBecker hasn't gotten me any minimates *persay* he lives a city over (our TRUs are 15 minutes apart by Freeway) and we keep in touch when new waves come out (I'll report findings to him, and he actually told me what day his TRU said they were getting in Ghostbusters which lead to me getting a set of my own since I knew to check my TRU bright and early that morning) he has been NOTHING but a HUGE HELP to me... you should be ashamed for calling his loyalties to the community at large into question.

OK everyone calm down! Or shall have to get the big stick out!

All jumping on Capt Awesome isn't going to help... I think the point was made way back before I posted last time and there is no need for the gang mentality... If you have an issue with a post then use the report button that's what it is there for!

Capt Awesome: Please learn to be respectful and less impatient, members do help each other out here but considering you've made a grand total of 4 posts and 2 of them were abrupt or downright rude then it's not surprising no one is helping you. having people help you out is like respect it is something that has to be earned, not demanded.

If ANYONE has anything further to say on the subject please contact a member of staff.

T.

Can I ask on the topic of general availability?

I check the 2 stores a couple of times a week, and picked up 1 set at one of the stores when they first got released. I also saw them at the other local store, but didn't get any of them. Both stores have been completely empty of GB mates for the last few weeks. Does anyone know if they even WILL be restocked?

Someone mentioned on another post that they learned that all of the Marvel Series 3 (with the Bullseye/Moonstone) had all been shipped from warehouse. Does anyone know if this is true for GB series 1? I'd like to think I could get more, especially the ghosts for customs.

This is a little small, but it's got some good details. I think it might light up too, not sure... Hallmark store and I think it was $18.50. Again, a little on the small side for scale with minimates, but it's a nice ornament or to use as a companion display piece with the GB minimates.

ecto-1jpg.jpg

This is a little small, but it's got some good details. I think it might light up too, not sure... Hallmark store and I think it was $18.50. Again, a little on the small side for scale with minimates, but it's a nice ornament or to use as a companion display piece with the GB minimates.

No lights - but it plays Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters song.