UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Wow!! They look great!! and now i kick myself for not pre-ordering Peter when i had the chance; by far my fav of the set.

Thoughts:

Courtroom Peter: Very, very nice transition. The face is a great Bill Murray, and the outfit just fits the Minimate. (awaiting BHM joke...)

Washington Square Ghost: Not exactly my favorite (hell, i forgot he existed), but very nice for a new ghost and a minimate. Luckily he's small enough to just be a generic "ghoul" we can have multiples of.

Gooey Ray: The perfect definition of what Minimates are: Fun. And boy does he look like a fun one.

Exploding Stay Puft: or is he "Very Angry, Constipated Stay Puft"?? Either way, another fun one; the transparency is just a bonus.

Slimed Peter: Wish he had a more "I just got f*cking slimed" face instead of this "OMFG IT'S A GHOST; RUN!!" one, but very nice either way. Love the attention to detail on the slime itself.

Slimer: I really wanted to like him, especially from the prototypes. There's just something...off...I think it's cause he's so dark, missing the under-tampo (really liked that), and the stand now green. Or it could be the lack of the ghost-trap-"sucker" beam thing...i dunno...

Egon: Same as boxset, so yea...i'll "review" him when i get my boxset...not that i have these...:blink:

Library Ghost: The face is just a win on it's own. The only gripes i have are the dress being less transparent then i had hoped and the fingers too clear-white and not purple. Lovely still, though.

Winston and the Terror Dog won't load on my computer, so i'm not just gonna go by DST's prototypes. I'll wait for pics.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I emailed TRU asking why they shipped my items in separate boxes and sent one of them to a mail processing facility in another county to turn around and snail mail it to me. The response:

Thank you for contacting RUs.com with your suggestion for improving our

website! Your suggestion to ship all items in one box is very

interesting.

We value your feedback, and I have forwarded your suggestion on to our

technical staff for their review and consideration. We are constantly

working to improve functionality, services, and convenience on our site

and your input is much appreciated.

If there is anything that we can further assist with, please don't

hesitate to give us a call at the numbers listed below.

Thank you again for contacting RUs.com. We value your business and look

forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Nicole Presley

Guest Service Team

www.ToysRUs.com (800) ToysRUs / (800) 869-7787

www.BabiesRUs.com (888) BabyRUs / (888) 222-9787

Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!!

Glad we cleared that up. And apparently TRU has never considered mailing a bunch of crap that is heading to one address in a single box before, based on my "interesting" idea.

Got the boxset,OMG awesome ! The detail is is crazy on these,i'm giddy as a school girl :biggrin: can't wait for the second set . These rank up there with the Iron Man movie mates as faves, though gambit and psylock are coming soon ...

where would you find these at like what isle

As said (many times) before, check the isle with the movie/video game stuff, or the marvel isle, with the other minimates.

I think it depends on your local TRU.

Mine had the Ghostbusters mates near the T2 and BSG figures (random sci-fi isle along with Hellboy and Watchmen figures), but they keep the Marvel minimates near the Marvel toys section on another isle.

Halle-frakin-lujah! Even though yesterday when I went in to my TRU and they told me they didn't have any GB minimates and weren't getting on their next truck, I go in today and BAMMO! there they are! I got all five packs and that is such a relief to me! Now they just need to get in the new Marvel ones and I will be so happy! These look awesome I can't wait to get home from work and break em open.

i bought all the tru packs yesterday. drove across town to get them too. they are sooo COOL. i would like to point out a few things:

1 Washington square ghost is a total re-do. slimmers body, terror dog feet, and lady death strikes hands! they go together pretty well except for the sleeves but what ever.

2 so i got gooey ray i was on the fence about it but at the time i was in the "minimate zone." you know you see new mates you buy new mates and damn the world, the blood rushing in your ears, your heart pounding like it might explode, your eyes get all big and all that matters is getting those mates! no? whatever so i bought the set i opened (not taking anyone out and make great pains to not rip anything) and am not too thrilled with it. i mean we are going to get at least 3 more stay puff men. and the next ray will not only come with a night vision googles but also with a trap. i have decided to take it back and trade it for some other mate set i want more. the rest of the sets are really cool and love them this one is not for me.

I strolled back over to my TRU on my lunch break and the rest of the box that I hadn't purchased was gone! It must have been a GB fan more than a minimate fan because all the other minimate sets stick around on the shelves for a good while. Man am I glad I got there when I did cause to have the whole box bought within 3 hours it crazy! (but good so as to make them keep making more!)