UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Got the same order confirmation on winston/terror dog. All the others say in stock except the slimer as mentioned previously. Not sure why they wouldn't have that one, I pre-ordered the first available day.

I also called about the high shipping, and they told me the same, they charge for the shipment of the "full order" so when the others are processed there will not be a shipping charge.

I really hope there is not a problem with the backordered slimer pack, it seems like it would be my favorite...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the word sort of rooted from this auction. Although it now begs the question of where the seller got this news...

Perhaps someone with an eBay account can ask them?

Or even better I have shoot the question to DST directly, when I hear back I will let you guys know what the official line on this one is!

T.

Someone over at Protoncharging.com had this to say:

I manged to talk to Diamond Select a bit about their Ghostbusters the video game Minimates, and it turns out they’re not gone! Fans will be able to get them, in a limited supply, at the San Diego Comic Con, with the rest shipping to specialty stores. The sets will retail for $16.

link

Someone over at Protoncharging.com had this to say:

I manged to talk to Diamond Select a bit about their Ghostbusters the video game Minimates, and it turns out they’re not gone! Fans will be able to get them, in a limited supply, at the San Diego Comic Con, with the rest shipping to specialty stores. The sets will retail for $16.

link

sorry guys, i shoulda posted the source...just figured it would have gotten around...from a GB site to news about GB stuff

With only a limited supply, how many are we talking here?? 1,500?? I mean, they plan to ship to specialty stores, which i'm assuming are LCSs, but they'll only be the leftovers. Since this did seem to be a set of *some demand*, even though it was looked down upon for a technical $120 pricetag, i can see many buying this. And, of course, it reads "exclusive," so it just got scapler awareness.

Really hope it has a high production run number, because i'm gonna need one.

I just got word from TRU that the Egon/Library Ghost and Winston/Terror Dog sets have shipped, but they didn't ship together. That is just annoying. Why, TRU? Why?

Edit: Everything has shipped. Only Courtroom Pete and Gooey Ray shipped together. Everything else is separate. That just seems ridiculously inefficient. For some reason, that is really annoying me today. Too much coffee?

Edited by Turtle

I'm (im)patiently waiting for my local TRU to have the Ghostbusters sets in stock, mostly because of the horror stories I have heard about TRU.com. As a former TRU employee, I am hoping that I can get a little heads-up when they come in.

I got the 4 pack yesterday, and as a life long GB fan (I was born in '84, so I really did grow up with it), I am so happy with how they turned out. Having been teased with GB products of varying quality over the years, it's very nice to see a company turn out an excellent product. I hope sales are strong enough to see more and more sets. I wouldn't mind seeing a Vigo/Janosz set, or a GB 2 Dana/Oscar set.

With the game, the 'Mates, and the Blu-Ray, it's a great time to be a Ghostbusters fan.

Very cool. I wonder if they'll be at the DST booth, or if Amazon will have their own booth? Alternatively, the TRU.com booth selling them wouldn't surprise me, either.

From the horses mouth DST Matt says:

"Indeed the Ghostbusters Video Game Minimates will be on sale during SDCC and also later in Previews. They'll be $16.00."

My guess is that you will be able to buy them at DST and possibly AFX stands during the show.

T.

Very cool. I wonder if they'll be at the DST booth, or if Amazon will have their own booth? Alternatively, the TRU.com booth selling them wouldn't surprise me, either.

From the horses mouth DST Matt says:

"Indeed the Ghostbusters Video Game Minimates will be on sale during SDCC and also later in Previews. They'll be $16.00."

My guess is that you will be able to buy them at DST and possibly AFX stands during the show.

T.

Good to know, hopefully enough of these make it to Previews (my only option)!

I wouldn't worry too much about a shortage of the video game boxsets. I remember reading somewhere they had like 6,500 Slimer statues shipped out to Amazon to pack into the sets. One would assume that the same amount of minimate sets were produced.

Edited by Brad Redfield

i'm not sure if i'll be picking these up or not, but at toysrus i had them look them up on the computer there. looks like they hit the warehouse for the southeast, so hopefully in the next week or so they'll start shipping out. they weren't on the manifest for tomorrows truck, so hopefully next week.